The Other Partner

The Geisha

please do read the a/n below this chapter ^^;)


Kris was called again that day. He fulfilled Junmyeon’s call and walked straight to the certain room. As he entered it, he could see it wasn’t only Junmyeon, Baekhyun and Junno in the room. There was another male sitting on the couch beside Junno. He swore the height was almost the same with him. But the face, Kris was sure he didn’t look like an assassin. The male had a happy expression on his face, coupled with a wide grin and wide eyes, standing up eagerly as he saw Kris stepping into the room.

“You must be Kris.” The male said. His voice didn’t match his face, Kris realized, because it was deep and low, almost like his.

Kris gave him a curt nod and sat on the other side of Junno.

“So, everyone is here, we can start the plan.” Junmyeon clasped his hands together.

Baekhyun extended the paper on the table and smirked, “This is the blue print of Huang Company.”

“Company?” Junno asked, raising his eyebrows, “You never talked about them having a company.”

“Their loan of two million yen, duh.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Of course they used it for a company. The thing about it is, they didn’t pay us back just like what they said in the agreement.”

Junno smirked, “As if you’ve always followed the agreement.”

“But, we’re the one with the power and money, Junno,” Baekhyun laughed, “Of course we don’t have to follow the agreement.”

“You and your slick brain.” Junno chuckled along, “So?”

“Right, so what you have to do is to intrude into the company, find the Huangs and kill them. All of them you can find.”

“Doesn’t it mean you won’t have your money back?” Chanyeol asked.

“No, I haven’t finished.” Baekhyun continued, “In their safe, there will be a password to their deposit.”

“At the bank?”

“Of course not, troll brain. They have connections to the mafia, it would be suicidal for them to save the money at the bank. They put it somewhere, only Junmyeon and I know. Don’t worry you’ll get 5% from it, each.”

“5%?” Junno crossed his hand and shook his head, “Baekhyun, this is a risky job. 20%.”

“Hell no, 20% for each of you? So I and Junmyeon will also get the same amount?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “No, 10%.”

“18%.”

“12%”

Junno huffed, “15% plus the accommodation and weapons we need. How is it?”

Baekhyun glanced aside at Junmyeon. The latter just chuckled and nodded.

“Deal.” Baekhyun shook Junno’s hand.

“But, Baekhyun, make sure you follow this deal.” Junno smirked, “You know three of us are your best assassins, right?”

“I won’t betray my own colleague.” Baekhyun nodded.

 

-

 

“So, we didn’t get chance to introduce ourselves back then.” The tall male said to Kris and Junno as they were gathering together in the kitchen.

“Kris Wu.”

“Park Chanyeol.”

“Junnosuke Taguchi.”

“Funny.” Chanyeol chuckled, “We’re from different parts of Asia.”

“Hope we’ll get along well, Chanyeol.” Junno smiled.

Kris only nodded along.

“So, we have a chance to choose our own weapons?” Chanyeol asked as he took a beer from the fridge.

“I think so.” Junno nodded along.

Kris was just a listener. He listened to all Junno and Chanyeol were talking about that night. He flinched a little when he heard Junno telling Chanyeol, a total stranger, new found partner, about his former boyfriend, Ueda. Kris listened to how Junno was telling Chanyeol that Ueda had been killed.

Kris couldn’t help but grow suspicious of Chanyeol.

For a short time in mafia’s underworld, he had learnt not to trust anyone. So, he was aware there was a glint of mischief in Chanyeol’s eyes as Junno kept talking about his past.

Deciding not to hear it any longer, he stood up and walked straight toward the exit of the kitchen.

“Where are you going?” Chanyeol asked.

“Sleep. I need to gain my energy. Don’t you too?”

“Well, I think he’s right.” Junno sighed, “Good night, you two.”

Junno walked toward the opposite direction from Chanyeol’s and Kris’.

As soon as Junno disappeared, Kris grabbed Chanyeol’s collar and slammed him against the wall harshly.

“Oh wow, what’s your problem, dude?” Chanyeol snickered.

“If you do anything to him,” Kris threatened, “I’ll make sure you die.”

Chanyeol chuckled, “What ? I don’t understand.”

“Say whatever you want now, . I know you have something on your damned brain right now.” Kris released the other and glared him down, “Remember that.”

And then he left without sending a last glance to Chanyeol.

He felt something off about the job. He knew there would be something yet he couldn’t figure it out. He just hoped that nothing bad would go wrong.

Kris reminded himself that he had to focus to his and Lay’s escape plan. He didn’t want Baekhyun or Junmyeon to do anything nasty again to his lover. He just wanted to get out of there and live with Lay. He clearly knew he would face other killings and chasing after he escaped, but he thought it was worthy as long as Lay was safe and with him.

He entered his own room but he didn’t expect to find Lay sitting on the edge of his bed. Rushing in, he closed the door behind him and squatted down in front of the geisha.

“What are you doing here…?” Kris asked, carefully caressing Lay’s soft cheek.

Lay smiled and gave him a chaste kiss, “I just…needed to see you.”

Noticing Lay’s hand trembling, Kris sat beside him and hugged the geisha close, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m scared…” Lay said.

“Of what?”

“Everything. Of your mission tomorrow, of the escape plan, of Baekhyun, of Junmyeon…I’m afraid of losing you, Kris.”

Kris sighed and kissed the crown of Lay’s head, “You won’t. Don’t be scared. I’m always here for you, you know that, right?”

Lay pulled himself away slightly and pushed Kris to lean back on the bed. He straddled the taller male and kissed Kris’ lips heatedly. Feeling the desperation in each kiss Lay shared, Kris let his hands crawl under the geisha’s shirt, rubbing the soothing patterns on the smooth skin.

“I have something for you…” Lay whispered against his lips.

“Hmm?”

The male on top Kris pulled away slightly and took something from his pocket.

A gun.

A caliber 9. It had golden patterns of waves on its sides. The trigger had been also made by gold. On the left side of the grip, there was a tiny golden dragon with fire coming out its mouth, glistening under the moonlight.

“Where did you get this?”

“I always have it.” Lay answered.

Kris had never thought that a caliber 9 would suit perfectly in Lay’s delicate hand. But, the fact said otherwise. He loved those fingers wrapping the gun so softly, but also deathly. Kris raised his arm and enveloped Lay’s hand with his bigger one.

“What have you done with this gun?”

“Nothing. It’s just…I just saved it for my own safety.”

“Why didn’t you use it when Baekhyun was abusing you?” Kris asked again, giving the delicate male’s quivering lips a kiss.

“Because I was too scared…” Lay whispered, “It doesn’t suit for me, Kris. So, I’m giving this gun for you.”

“Yixing…”

“Please, use it tomorrow. Please use it to get us out of here. Please use it to protect us. Just please…”

Kris sighed and brought Lay down closer again, “I’ll do that for you, Yixing.”

 

-

 

“We’ve reached.” Junno said, parking the van at the basement of the Huang Company Building.

Kris would use both guns from Junno and Lay, so he pocketed them under the jacket. Chanyeol cracked his neck and pocketed his gun as well.

“They’re not twins, I see.” Chanyeol said directly to Kris.

Kris knew the latter was talking about his gun, “They’re not.”

“You’re using two guns, but not twin ones. Interesting.”  Chanyeol snickered.

The ex-fighter decided not to answer it and fixed his jacket.

Junno was going to be the sniper so he slung his weapon, disguised in an architect pipe, and turned the engine off.

“Let’s get going.”

 

-

 

Their first task was to disable the lifts so there would be no one using it. He climbed down the wire, ignoring the burning feeling on his palms, and stepped carefully on the roof of the lift. He opened his equipment and sabotaged the lift’s wire. He went on the other one and did the same. After all lifts had been sabotaged, they planted an explosive on each lift to make a distraction once they escaped later.

Nodding his head as a cue to go, Junno helped the others to climb off the lift and left for another task. They separated their ways. Junno was in charge of taking care of the patrolling guards. Chanyeol would go to the roof, crawling through the ventilation, sneaking into the communication and camera room. Kris had the biggest task to find the position of Huangs.

Kris started his task by hacking the security system to find the blue print of the building. Once he got it, he downloaded it into his tablet and scanned the probable rooms. Later, he found a room with the thickest security system. He knew he hit a jackpot.

“I found the room, Chanyeol.” Kris announced, “Cut all the camera connection toward the middle room on topmost floor. I’m going there.”

“Send me the route you’ll use.”

“Junno.” Kris called the older, “I’ll send the route for you too, so you don’t have to kill all guards, only the ones at my route.”

“Roger.”

Kris drew his route line on the blue print and sent it to both Junno and Chanyeol. And then he waited.

After a minute, Chanyeol announced him that the cameras had been shut down. An announcement from Junno came not long after.

“Now I’ll be in charge of sniper.” Junno announced, “I’ll be heading out toward the rooftop of the building across the street. Good luck, you two.”

And the connection was off.

“Good.” Chanyeol said, “Now, off you go, Kris. I’ll handle the cameras from here. I can’t let it freeze for a long time.”

Kris sighed heavily. The plan was going well so far. Junno would be covering him from across the building and Chanyeol would set the cameras on again after some time. With a prayer of luck, Kris crawled out of his hideout and sneaked into the staircase.

“Climb on the wall beside you first, Kris.” Chanyeol announced, “A cleaning service is walking toward you.”

Kris jumped on the wall beside him and stuck his body as flat as he could onto the wall. The cleaning service was walking away with a whistle. After she had disappeared, Kris jumped down and sneaked into the topmost floor.

The floor was larger than the office below him. He approached the wooden gate then. It needed fingerprints and password to enter the gate.

Kris pulled out a tiny copy machine from his pocket and put it onto the slot for the fingerprint scan. He pressed the blue button, just like Junno had taught him earlier, and the red light flashed. He removed the machine from the slot and copied the fingerprint into a plastic paper. He cut it off of the machine and stuck it on the fingerprint slot.

“I’ve copied the fingerprints.”

“I’ll come down now.” Chanyeol said, “I hope we can find their son though.”

“It’s impossible.” Kris said, “They have hidden him before us. Now, come down.”

Chanyeol jumped down the ventilation a minute later.

“Come on, we have four minutes.” Chanyeol announced.

“The password.”

“19205768103868391.”

“Why the hell so long?” Kris cursed. He entered the password and pressed his finger on the fingerprint slot. The gate was then opened.

It didn’t like they had expected, both Mr. and Mrs. Huang were sitting on the sofa.

“Welcome.”

“…the hell…?” Chanyeol hissed.

“We knew you would come.” Mrs. Huang said, sipping her tea, “I just didn’t know it would be this fast.”

“Three minutes.” Chanyeol announced, “I don’t have time for this .”

Two bangs and the couple fell down dead with hole on each head, blood absorbed by the beige carpet under their feet. But what made Kris scared wasn’t the blood, but the regretless faces they had on their faces.

“Find the password of the deposit!” Chanyeol ordered, snapping him from his thought.

Kris found it. But, it wasn’t in a safe, he found it on the drawer.

“A minute! Let’s go!” Chanyeol said.

Both of them climbed onto the ventilation where Chanyeol had appeared earlier and closed it. They were safe for now.

“Junno! Go to the van!” Kris called the sniper.

Chanyeol jumped out of the ventilation. Kris followed him toward the basement and hopped into their van. Chanyeol pressed the button for the explosives on the lifts to go off and within seconds, they heard a huge bang from the building. And then he started the engine.

“Wait!” Kris held Chanyeol’s wrist, “Junno hasn’t come!”

“He won’t.” Chanyeol smirked, “He’s dead.”

“Wha-”

“I was ordered to kill him.” Chanyeol cut across Kris’ words and drove the van out of the basement, “By Baekhyun.”

 


 

/sighs/ soooo chanyeol did not only kill tao's parents but also kris' best friend. ugh. i hate him (here). and now i'll be doing a shameless promotion. lol

do you have tumblr? if yes, pls do follow me on my tumblr. there's no fics there, only my fanarts. and this is my latest fanart

yes it's taomin/xiutao bcs i ship them as hard as i ship fanxing lol! there are also fanxing fanarts there (although they weren't colored bcs this one is my first attempt lol. i'm an amateur ok?)

and do you have twitter? if yes, pls do follow me on my twitter. it's protected but i'll accept your request(s). please notice that i'm always spazzing my thought there soooo yeah...

ok i'll stop my promotion here lol.

see you later!