I'm Sorry

Four's A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoonjoo had just finished arranging the cushions on her sofa when the doorbell of her apartment rang, and she got up excitedly.

"Oppa!" She beamed and Daehyun glanced away as he walked inside, slipping his trainers off at the entrance. "You're the first to arrive, I just finished cleaning up a little", she told him casually as she trailed after him.

"Oh, I think Sohye and Myungsoo are staying a little late at the office", Daehyun replied, setting himself down, "I brought some soju and snacks", he lifted up the plastic bags in his hand.

Yoonjoo smiled, "thanks oppa, can you set them on the table? I'm just gonna go to the bathroom." He nodded and she disappeared into another room. Daehyun sighed inwardly, now that Yoonjoo was back, he felt for sure that things would change. But he didn't know if it was going to be for the better or for the worse.

First of all, he knew he was wavering in his heart. That no, he hadn't forgotten Yoonjoo after this whole time, and that no, he didn't love Sohye. But that didn't necessarily mean he loved Yoonjoo. All he knew was that he wanted to escape this puzzling maze of emotions he was currently lost in.

Placing down the final green bottle of soju, he leaned back and glanced around. The room facing opposite him had the door temptingly half open. Okay, it was less than half, but that didn't stop Daehyun from getting up and peeking in.

The cream walls decorated with frames and girly decorations were the first things that caught Daehyun's eye. But then his vision moved downwards, and something familiar caught his eyes. When Daehyun saw it, his heart couldn't help but thump louder, harder, faster. Lying on her bed were a few pieces of clothes, but beside that was a navy scarf. Almost camoflagued amongst the other items, but Daehyun recognised it nonetheless. He took a soft step forward, almost scared that it wasn't what he thought it was.

But when he reached his hand out and brushed his fingers against the material, he knew he was right.

As they got inside, he noticed Yoonjoo was still dripping with rain. He took off his own navy scarf and wrapped it around her neck, soaking up the icy raindrops. She stared at him with glassy eyes, and he forced a smile.

It was the scarf he'd put on her the day she left, his own scarf. Daehyun's fingers gripped it harder as the sound of his heart beating started to echo throughout him.

*She's kept it all this time? It's even on her bed...*

"What are you doing?" Yoonjoo exclaimed by the door suddenly, clearly alarmed. Daehyun whipped his head around, still not dropping the scarf. For once, her smile had dropped and all he saw on her face was panic.

"What's this?" Daehyun asked, trying to keep calm as he lifted up the scarf.

Her lips parted in surprise, and she gulped. "That's... that's-" The doorbell suddenly rang, and Yoonjoo leapt out to get it, clearly relieved. Daehyun looked away in pain, he'd wanted to know how Yoonjoo felt, but this just made everything more complicated.

 

"Guys! Come in!" Yoonjoo smiled at Sohye and Myungsoo, showing almost no sign of what had just happened earlier.

Sohye gave her a quick hug, "sorry we're late, is Daehyun here yet?" Myungsoo scowled slightly at the mention of the other man. In fact, it wasn't Daehyun that annoyed him, it was more like Sohye mentioning Daehyun.

"I'm here", Daehyun called out to Sohye, putting on a smile. "Hey Myungsoo", he added and Myungsoo simply muttered a 'hey'.

 

"So you're not coming back to the company?" Sohye asked in surprise as she opened another packet of snacks. Next to her, Myungsoo was busy downing shots of soju and Daehyun was listening silently.

Yoonjoo shook her head, "I want to take a break. Do something different. You know, I took up playing the piano while in America." The others looked at her in surprise, and then stopped when they realised that that was what the piano was there for. "I'm not really good, but it's fun."

"Why don't you play something?" Myungsoo suggested, looking up to reveal his tired face and drowsy eyes.

She smiled shyly, "well okay... But Myungsoo oppa you're getting drunk, you should stop drinking already!" She scolded playfully. "Any song requests?" Yoonjoo added, turning to the other two.

Sohye grabbed at the sheet music resting against her piano and started flipping through them. Daehyun shuffled closer, also browsing through the sheets. Then suddenly, one piece caught both their eyes.

"'I Still Love You'..?" Sohye glanced up, and caught a look of shock on Yoonjoo's face before the usual smile replac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter