Honey and Coffee

Four's A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohye woke up with a mild headache, and she shuffled deeper into the warm covers. Digging her face into the pillow, she softly inhaled the mixed scent of bitter coffee and sweet honey. *So this is what he smells like?* She thought groggily, unconciously enjoying the scent.

Another 10 minutes passed when Sohye finally got up, shivering at the loss of warmth. As she combed through her long hair with her fingers, she noticed Myungsoo lying coldly on the sofa; he only had a thin blanket to cover him.

She frowned, and dragged the massive duvet from his room to the sofa, carefully laying it on top of him. It was nearing eleven o'clock, and Sohye decided to make breakfast for the two of them. After borrowing his clothes, using his bed, she should really make some pancakes for him, right?

 

Myungsoo's eyes blinked open, and the first thing he noticed was the immense warmth that surrounded him. *Wait, am I on my bed?* He thought, recognising his own duvet. Slowly, he shuffled around and ended up falling onto the ground.

"Ouch!" He groaned in pain, and within a seconds, a worried Sohye ran over with an apron on.

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern, lifting the heavy covers away from him. He looked up, dazed for a moment. The memory of last night's kiss resurfaced in their minds and they both blushed slightly.

"Y-Yeah..." He answered after a moment, getting up. "Do I smell... pancakes?"

Sohye gestured to the kitchen, "oh, uh, yeah... I made breakfast?" She shrugged with a smile.

 

"This is really nice!" Myungsoo shoved more pancake into his mouth, grinning. Sohye beamed at the compliment and then put her fork down.

"Um, Myungsoo..." She began, unsure how to say it. "About last night, can we-"

"Pretend it never happened?" He finished for her, looking down at his almost empty plate to avoid her gaze. "I won't mention it", he said in a low voice, finally looking up.

Sohye sighed, "I-I'm sorry. I just wasn't myself and we shouldn't have-"

"Yeah, I know". He said, picking up his plate and hers', taking them over to the kitchen sink. "So, um, I'll walk you down in a bit, yeah?" Sohye felt slightly disappointed that he mentioned her leaving before she did, but simply replied with a nod.

 

"So, uhh, I'll see you soon, I guess", Myungsoo said dully as they reached her car.

Sohye nodded, "oh, uh, I have your Christmas presents in my car. Wait a sec". She opened the car door and pulled out a gift bag, two presents wrapped neatly inside. "I hope you like them".

"Can I open one now?" Myungsoo asked excitedly.

She shrugged, "well it is Christmas". He unwrapped the large one and immediately gaped.

"A polaroid camera?" He carefully took it out and grinned, "we have to take a picture now! It's Christmas! My first picture on this!" His grin spread even wider and Sohye smiled at him.

He held it out in front of them and grinned, putting one arm around her shoulders. "Smile!" And Sohye did, genuinely and happily. Myungsoo pressed the bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter