A Chance

Four's A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoonjoo awoke in a room foreign to her; she blinked twice, before abruptly sitting up and looking around like a lost deer. Grey coloured walls, matching sets of furniture, black curtains which were shut tight, and framed modern paintings hung on the wall opposite her.

It was a hotel room.

"Ah..." Her head felt heavy and painful, she clutched it tightly with her hands, trying to remember last night's events. Gradually, memories rushed back to her and she cringed when the kiss suddenly appeared in her mind. Groaning in frustration, she removed her covers and let her legs dangle off the bed. It was embarrassing; the memory of Myungsoo pushing her off right away, his cold voice forming the words: "Don't do that".

That was when she noticed the small note on the bedside table, which read: "Sorry. I only see you as a friend." Tears burning at her eyes, she grabbed the piece of paper and crumpled it up before throwing it away angrily.

*Even as a friend, he would rather take a long journey and leave me at a hotel than take me to his house* She thought bitterly, walking to the bathroom.

Tiredly, she stared at herself in the mirror. All she saw was a worn out girl, eye bags, blood shot eyes, pale skin. What once was a beautiful face with glowing features was no more. And all because of one man.

She had fallen for Myungsoo, and it had wrecked her. *At least I'm not in denial anymore... just depression* The thought floated gloomily in her head, and she decided to take a shower. It was time to be honest with everyone about her feelings; she just needed to find a way to tell Daehyun without hurting him too much. Who was she kidding? A text message or a heartfelt apology, the damage would be the same.

 

A few hours later, Yoonjoo had texted Sohye for coffee at the local Cocoa Snow. Figuring that the best person to confess her secret to first would be her best friend, she was now sat opposite Sohye, clutching a cup of cappuccino.

"Sohye unnie..." She began nervously, taking a sip of her drink, letting the bitter liquid trickle down and stain her tongue with a warm aftertaste (she was so nervous, she forgot to add sugar like usual).

Sohye nodded for her to go on, "I... I like Myungsoo!" She finally blurted out, feeling a huge weight being lifted off from her chest. Her best friend's eyes widened, coming slightly apart.

Before she could respond, Yoonjoo spoke up again, "I-I can't help but like him, I know Daehyun oppa's a great guy, but I just... I can't. I can't control how I feel, unnie! Please don't be mad at me!"

With this, Sohye felt her world collapse to her feet, 'what?', was the only thought occupying her mind. She'd always known her best friend found Myungsoo attractive; it was pretty damn obvious. But say what? She actually likes him? More than Daehyun? A rush of emotions crashed into her: surprise, hope, confusion, and a whole lot of okay-what-the-hell-is-happening-right-now.

"Are you serious?" Was all she could choke out.

Yoonjoo nodded guiltily, and looked at her with pleading eyes, ones that seemed to cry: 'I'm as confused as you are, help me?'

Taking a deep breath, Sohye composed herself, "Does Myungsoo know?"

The girl nodded once again, and Sohye proceeded to ask what his response was. Yoonjoo took a moment to think on this one; she hadn't told Sohye about the kiss, so would it be safe to tell her about the rejection? And should she tell her that Myungsoo openly admitted his feelings for Sohye?

"He only likes me as a friend", Yoonjoo admitted honestly, but she decided against mentioning the kiss or the fact that she knew Myungsoo's feelings for her best friend.

"So what are you planning to do?"

She sighed, "I'm going to break up with Daehyun". Sohye opened to speak, but Yoonjoo cut her off, "I know my chances with Myungsoo are slim- very slim. Okay, literally anorexic. But I can't pretend to love one person when I actually love another".

Sohye swallowed and nodded in agreement, she could see her friend's point; it wasn't right to lie. She was worried that Daehyun would get hurt, but she also hoped that this would be her chance.

 

When Sohye got home, it was around 3pm, but she already felt tired from the stress of the news she just received. *Damn it. Why are things so complicated?* Honestly, she wasn't completely unaware of Myungsoo's feelings for her, and with Yoonjoo's confession, everything was just twisted.

Just then, her phone rang and she quickly fished it out from her bag. "Hello?"

"Sohye!" The voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter