The Beginning

Four's A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edited

The fresh smell of new furnishings. Clear glass windows. Aching feet. Finely sharpened pencils scattered across an oak desk. The sound of pencil being etched onto paper. And finally, a sigh.

"Ah... So tired" Shin So Hye stretched out her arms and yawned. Smiling, she glanced around at her new office. It hadn't even been a day since she had been promoted to Head Manager of the 'Interior and Design' department. She worked for a company named Jaesung group, a massive food company. They were famous for running a chain of cafes, named Cocoa Snow. There, she was officially in charge of the 'Interior and Design' department, responsible for handling every inch of art in the cafes.

After taking a sip of hot chocolate (Cocoa Snow branded of course), she once again picked up her pencil and continued writing down notes and doodling simple sketches for ideas on the opening of a new Cocoa Snow cafe in a major shopping centre.

Just then, the familiar sound of her phone rang, and she immediately glanced up at the clock. *Snap! It's 8:10 already?!* She grabbed her phone, and almost instantly, a shrieking from her best friend was heard.

"YAH! Shin So Hye! Where are you?! We've been waiting for 10 minutes!" Yoonjoo screamed into the phone, causing Sohye to lift it away from her ear.

"I-" She began, but was cut off.

"Oh! Let me guess, still at your new office, sketching designs and drinking hot chocolate? Might I add, your shoes are off and your pencils are spread across your desk messily?"

Sohye sighed out a smile, "Ayy, you sure are my best friend! You know everything about me".

"You're just always doing the same thing, I bet even Daehyun oppa could guess what you're doing right now!" Yoonjoo glanced at her boyfriend and he gestured for her to pass him the phone.

"You're hurriedly packing away your things now, aren't you?" The blonde busan boy laughed into the phone and Sohye looked down at her hands which were still busy organising her desk back to perfection.

She cleared , "Well done, Jung Daehyun... I'll be at the cafe in about ten minutes, okay? Bye!"

 

 

"W-Wai- Ugh... She still has that habit of cutting me off" Daehyun made a face, and handed the phone back to his girlfriend.

Yoonjoo laughed and took another spoonful of her ice cream. "I can't believe you're eating ice-cream when it's so cold" He shivered, rubbing his coat-covered arms.

"Ice cream isn't just for summer, it's so delicious!" She stuck out her tongue and continued eating her delicious dessert. "Mmm!"

"Not when your face feels like it's frosting up!" Daehyun scoffed, he grabbed Yoonjoo's coffee and gulped it down.

Yoonjoo looked at her boyfriend and pouted angrily, "Yah, oppa! Drink your own!". She snatched back her coffee.

"I'm going to the toilet, don't steal my drink again, okay?!" She warned, standing up.

"Okay, okay!" He held up his hands in surrender and she smiled, leaving with her bag.

Daehyun looked around at the wonderful decorations and art on the walls, as a smile spread on his face.

"I'm here!" A voice interrupted, and he turned to see Sohye running towards him. "Hey!" She took the seat next to Yoonjoo's and collapsed onto the table.

"Ran all the way, eh?" Daehyun smirked.

Sohye looked up, "I really really wish you and your girlfriend would stop predicting what I do, and especially always getting it right! It's a lack of privacy!" She joked, smacking him on the arm.

Daehyun laughed, showing his eyesmile and cute cheeks. Sohye flushed pink and squished his cheeks, "Ayy! Stop smiling like that, all the girls are drooling at you. You don't want Yoonjoo to come back and start a rage massacre, right?"

He rubbed his cheeks in response, and turned to see many females blushing at him and he immediately looked back. "Uhh... I'll buy you a drink- hot chocolate, right?"

She looked up, "Yep, thanks!" Daehyun grinned.

"No problem, Sohye-aegi~" He added, laughing. Sohye's jaw dropped, and she smacked his back as he went.

"You're only older by a few months!" She shouted af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter