Library after dark

Lost and Found

 

Jiyong stood there, staring at the dashingly handsome boy before him. Unable to look in the eyes of the person he’d come to care a lot for, his eyes darted anxiously to the floor . They both stood an inch apart, speechless.

“I finally get to meet you… you don’t understand how much this means to me” Seunghyun finally spoke; it’d been minutes and neither of them had said anything and it was killing him but he wasn’t going to pressure her.

Jiyong promised himself he wasn’t going to change his voice again, he’d done it before when he met the boys at a club a while back but he was too scared to speak. Here he was faced with someone who knew everything about him, and had so many things in common, they could have been talking about anything in the world but they were both lost for words.

“Youngie, I….”

“Oppa, are you sure the library is open. What if we get in trouble”?

“No one will see us Jihee” They heard voices that were accompanied by footsteps, getting louder. Seunghyun grabbed Jiyong’s hand, leading him to the back of the library, and out of the sight of the incomers.

“Shhh” Seunghyun whispered as he gently pushed Jiyong gently against the shelf as the new guests entered the library.

“Uhmmm Oppa, you looked really y tonight,” The girl moaned in the middle of kisses, making Seunghyun slightly uncomfortable. He was face was only a few centimeters to Youngie’s, and he was slightly leaning on her.

“Sorry” he said as he backed up a few inches.

Jiyong, on the other hand stood there, reeling from the loss of contact “No it’s fine” he whispered back.

“mmmm” They heard the couple again, making things even more awkward. Seunghyun returned his attention to the girl before him; she was flustered, making him smile at her innocence. He needed to find a way to make it less awkward for them both.

“How romantic” He said in a hushed voice as he took a seat on the floor; resting his back against the bookshelf. This was not idea of a perfect first date with the faceless girl of his dreams. He wasn’t expecting much but two teenagers crashing their time alone was the last thing he wanted.

Jiyong giggled a little as he joined Seunghyun on the floor “Who is to say what’s romantic and what’s not”. They were still whispering but he didn’t mind, he actually liked it a lot.

“Yeah but why immediately jump into that when everyone knows….” Seunghyun was saying before Jiyong joined him.

“The moment that leads up to the kiss is the best part” They finished in unison, accompanying it with laughter; it was a conversation they’d had before. “But they probably had that on their way here” Jiyong added.

“Really”? Seunghyun asked smirking “So you would you would do that”? The space between him and Jiyong seemed to be reducing by the minute.

“No, but I can see myself sneaking off to the library at night with someone I love, having a conversation first, and….”Jiyong stopped mid sentence suddenly realizing how familiar what he was saying was. Seunghyun seemed ridiculously close to him now, his mask accentuating his alluring lips and sharp jawline ‘Oh God, stop staring Jiyong’

The other occupants of the room were long forgotten; it was as if it were only they in the entire school.

‘Please don’t blush, stop making this hard’ Seunghyun thought as he watched the masked girl before him. Although the mask covered half her face, he could still see trace of pink across her cheek. He took his time searching her face; she had the perfect oval face, and full plump lips that seemed to be in permanent pout, and although she already seemed to have the perfect face, none of her facial features were as amazing as her eyes. She had the most beautiful brown eyes that seemed to glow in the moonlight. “You’re beautiful,” he blurted. ‘’

Jiyong pulled back “Is that what why you wanted to meet me”? He asked, to everyone else it would have been a compliment but to him, it was a bit of a burden “so you can judge me by my physical appearance”?

“Youngie…”

“So what if I take off my mask, and I am hideous. What would you say then”?

Seunghyun was confused at her sudden change in attitude. “Youngie wait” He took her hand to stop from pulling back further.

“Or I could be a boy for all you know, will you still….”

“I still wouldn’t care, you would still be beautiful to me” Youngie stopped pulling away, so he too the opportunity of moving closer to her. In their weeks of texting back and forth, he been feeling less confident in himself, she saw the world in a whole new perspective unlike him who couldn’t careless. “It wouldn’t matter if you’re a boy or if you have tentacles for legs, or even bald under that ridiculously large hood on your coat. Seriously where can I get one like that so I can pretend to be the Grimm reaper”?

Jiyong laughed a little this time “Don’t be ridiculous, I happen to have perfect hair, and I don’t have tentacles, I actually float on air”

They sat there laughing till they both realized they were still holding hands, Jiyong tried snatching his hand away but Seunghyun held it firmly. He turned it around in hopes of not seeing any scar on her inner wrist but they were, three horizontal lines “I was hoping and praying you were only saying it to prove a point” he said, never taking his eyes off her wrist.

“Why would anyone lie about that”? Jiyong said nervously as he tried pulling his hand away again, but Seunghyun was too strong for him. He felt exposed, no one, not even his mother or his sister had taken a look at his scars since they healed.

“I duuno, I just hoped you were” He took Youngie’s second wrist. “So many times, I laid in bed thinking about it, about how I could help” He raised her wrist to his lips, kissing them one after the other with his eyes never leaving her. He placed her hands down gently, as the gap between them closing, and in a matter a of seconds, their lips touched, and in that moment, there was no library, no school, it just was the both of them in the entire world; two hearts beating as one.

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE”!!!!! The sound of the principal’s voice caused them to pull apart. Fortunately, the other two occupants of the library were the ones caught. “You two are in trouble. Follow me”!

“Do you think he’s gone”? Seunghyun asked but he couldn’t focus, he eyes were fixed on Seunghyun’s lips till his phone vibrated in his pocket.

 

Hye Mi>>>Jiyong

Hey, the ball’s over. If you’re not out, you need to leave now if you don’t want to be exposed. There’s a crowd in the North hallway, leave through there. You’re welcome.

 

“I have to go, promise you wouldn’t follow me” He turned to Seunghyun.

“I can’t do that, I want to see you….” Seunghyun was going to object firmly till he saw the pout on her lips “but I’ll give you a head start. Go and I’ll count to eight, and then I’m coming after you. If I find you, we’re quitting this anonymity thing” It pained him to say but he wasn’t going to force her into anything.

“Thank you” Youngie whispered before placing one last quick kiss on his lips before dashing out.

“God! I’m in love” he sighed. “8…7…6…5…4…3…2, please let me find her” he prayed before running out the door.

“Hyung”!! He was graced with the last person he wanted to see “Hyung we’ve been looking everywhere for you” Seungri complained.

“Did you see anyone in a red hooded cape run by you”?

“Yeah some creep bumped into me, ran the toward the north…” He didn’t wait for Seungri to finish before running in that direction. He was about to claw his way through the group of people when he saw a pile of velvety red fabric on the floor, he wasn’t sure till he picked it up and out fell the mask he gave her.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

“Jiyong”! Hye Mi was waiting in front of his car anxiously.

He threw the keys in her direction “Please drive”. They both hopped in the car, and she sped off.

“Wanna talk about it”?

“No, not really” He said before closing his eyes, allowing his mind to drift back to the perfect moment he’d just shared with Seunghyun in the library.

“Wanna come back to my place. Seunghyun’s gonna be at Taeyang’s”

“Sure” He didn’t wan to be alone either; there were too many things on his mind.

They were back at Hye Mi’s place in no time, both changing into sweats and oversized tee’s immediately before heading down to the kitchen to drown in a large tub of ice cream.

“Still don’t want to talk about it”? Hye Mi asked with he mouth stuffed.

“How am I ever going to tell him, he’s going to hate me. He thinks I’m a beautiful girl” Ice cream was supposed to make people feel better but instead, he felt worse.

“No he won’t, he might be pissed at first but he’ll get over it. Plus you are beautiful”

“Are your parents ever around”?

“Not really. They’re here on weekends though, they should be coming in tonight or….” She was still speaking when they heard a car engine outside. “Ooh there they are”

They continued feasting on the ice cream when the front door swung open, and footsteps got louder and louder. “Oh Hye Mi, thank God you’re home”! It was Seunghyun.

‘Oh no’ He bowed his head.

“Oppa why are you here”? Hye Mi rushed to her brother “I thought you weren’t coming home till tomorrow”

‘Please don’t look at me, please don’t look at me’

“Omma called me, she said they weren’t coming home till tomorrow so I didn’t want to leave you alone, but I didn’t know you had company” he could feel Seunghyun’s eyes on him. “Hey”?

“That’s Ji… so how was your night”?

“Aish, I seriously need to stop talking to you… but I met you know who tonight” Seunghyun grabbed his spoon thinking it was Hye Mi’s and scooped ice cream from the bowl.

“So how was it”? Hye mi eyed him.

“It was perfect but then she disappeared, taking my heart with her”

‘No Seunghyun, I left my heart with you’

“I don’t know, I don’t think I deserve her though” Seunghyun said before laughing “I mean what type of girl, gets pissed after being called beautiful” he scoffed “She thought I was calling her beautiful just because I met her, I thought she was beautiful the moment I read her scribbles on pride and prejudice”

‘Seunghyun please stop, you’re killing me’

“Wow oppa, you seem like you really like this girl”

“I do, I really do, and I wonder if she’s thinking about me the way I’m thinking about her”

‘Of course I am’

“oooh” Hye Mi shivered “So corny”

“Your friend is probably thinking I’m weird” Seunghyun turned to him now, but he bowed his head and filled his mouth with air as he shook his head, he wasn’t taking any chances. “He doesn’t speak much does he”?

“Not really…. So when are you two meeting again”? He would have to thank Hye Mi later for taking the attention off him.

“Soon hopefully, I don’t know how long I can wait. I’m going to go change, and we can watch silver lining playbook. You know who told me about it but I haven’t seen it yet” Seunghyun said as he rose up. He knew Seunghyun different from what everyone else thought about him in school, but he never knew how different. “Hey kid” Seunghyun called out to him “I know this is late but I’m sorry about all the stuff my friends and I ever did to you, and for knocking you down in the library that day. I should have at least helped you up” Seunghyun added before leaving.

“Jiyong please tell me this isn’t a one sided thing. Please don’t break my brother’s heart; you’ve seen him yourself. That’s the real him” Hye Mi pleaded, so far she hadn’t seen an acceptable reaction from Jiyong and it scared her that he may not feel the same way as her brother.

“Hye Mi I think I think I’ve fallen in love with him” Jiyong confessed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I hope the whole him/her situation didn't confuse you guys; remember Seunghyun sees Jiyong as a girl so in his POV it's a she. Alrightie.... Organic chemistry study time.