Why you?

Lost and Found

 

She was on her way to Jiyong’s; it’d been hours since she left him at his door step and he wasn’t answering any of her calls or replying any of her text messages. She got there to see people scattered around his house, his front door missing.

“Good evening Ahjuma, what happened here”? She asked one of the women.

“Poor boy tried to kill himself again, and there was no one home” the lady said sadly.

“Is… he… okay…. Do you know what hospital they took him to”?

“It didn’t look good, there was blood everywhere. I don’t know what hospital”

She was panicking “Thank you Ahjuma” She ran back to her car, with the determination of going checking every hospital in the area till she found him.

 

 

 

 

‘It couldn’t have all been a lie right’?

  It was the question running through Seunghyun’s mind as tossed and his bed for hours. Afternoon had long turned to night but he tight grip on his heart remained, the two people he trusted the most betrayed him, but that wasn’t what bothered him. What bothered him was the look in the boy’s eyes, and his strong need to run to him.  

‘It couldn’t have all been a lie right’?

 He deserved an explanation, and he was going to get it. Rising up from the bed, he rummaged through the eye sore that was his room; he hadn’t seen his phone in hours. Afraid of that he would be reminded of all the lies, he hadn’t thought about it since he returned from school. “Dammit, where is it”? The phone was nowhere to be found, making him think back to the last place he saw it. The old classroom where he usually stayed with his friends, he’d been too distraught after the day’s event that he drove away without either his bag or phone. “HYE MI” He ran in search of his sister, he needed that persons address. “HYE MI” He called out again when her room was empty. Hye Mi never went out late which worried him a little; he knew he was a little harsh earlier.

 

Seunghyun was pacing back and forth in the living room when Hye Mi walked in. “Hye Mi give me Youn…. Jiyong’s address, I need to see h….” he stopped when noticed Hye Mi’s pale face, and red puffy eyes.

“O…oppa” Hye mi called out to her brother. Overwhelmed by her evening, her heart was hurting by an unfamiliar piercing pain.

“Hye Mi” Seunghyun rushed to his sister’s side. “Hye Mi what happened to you. Who did this”? He asked hastily. He’d never seen his sister look so hurt; it was almost like she was a zombie.

Hye Mi’s legs gave out, making her fall to the floor. “Oppa… what…. what have we done”?

“Hye Mi talk to me… you’re trembling” Seunghyun rushed to his sisters side. “Let’s go to the hospital”

“Jiyong… he.. He’s in the hospital”

“What…”

“I should have stayed with him… it’s my fault….” She told Seunghyun everything; how she finally found the hospital after going to three others, and when she found him, Jiyong was in the ICU. She waited for almost an hour before she was joined by Dami and her husband, the doctor then came out shortly revealing that Jiyong was in a coma due to a severe hypovolemic shock caused by a significant loss of blood. Then and there, Dami collapsed in the arms of her husband crying, while she remained silent in shock.

“C..Coma”? Seunghyun asked, the firm grip on his heart getting tighter by the moment. “What hospital”? He rose to his feet.

“Oppa you can’t go” Hye Mi held her brother back; there was something she left out.

“I have to…”

“I told Dami unnie everything. She called the principal” Snitching was a big sin in Daesang high but Hye Mi couldn’t care less. Everyone deserved to be punished for what they did jiyong, she included; she never should have left him. “If you go there, you’ll only aggravate her more” She looked up at Seunghyun, and he was crying also.

“Dami noona… our Dami noona?... How does she know Jiyong”? Seunghyun asked, making Hye Mi realize how much he didn’t know. She proceeded to tell him everything, from the club and how Jiyong found out about his identity to how she herself found out.

 

 

 

Oppa he loved you. He loved you so much that he didn’t want to tell you because he knew how much it would hurt you’ Hye Mi’s words had been replaying in Seunghyun’s head since he arrived at the hospital over an hour ago. He was parked in the visitor’s parking lot, unable to go in, not because of fear, but because he was embarrassed; Jiyong opened up to him, trusted him, and cared for him, but all he’d given him in return was unhappiness. He caused the one person he genuinely loved and cared about so much grief that his only way out was to try to take his life.

“YOUNGIE”!!! He cried bitterly.

 

 

 

School the next day was solemn; news about Jiyong’s hospitalization had spread. People placed roses, letters, cards, and other things in front of his locker.

WOULD EVERYONE URGENTLY MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE AUDITORIUM NOW’

The speakers blared loudly across the entire school.

“Hyung” Seungri called out to his friend. After hearing about Jiyong, he wanted to skip school but he couldn’t avoid everyone forever. “Hyung you left your phone yesterday” He handed Seunghyun his phone with his head down. He couldn’t bear to look his hyung in his eyes, from afar Seunghyun looked like he’d been crying.

“Thanks” Seunghyun took his phone and walked away immediately.

“Don’t worry...” Taeyang walked up to him. “Everyone’s rightfully sensitive today” Daesung also joined in as they followed the pool of people walking toward the auditorium.

“But this is my fault…. if I didn’t’…”

“Its too late for if’s now, all we can do is pray” Taeyang cut him off as they took thier seat, and waited as the principal walked over to the microphone.

“I’m sure you all have heard about the unfortunate event that happened to our beloved student, Jiyong Kwon. Jiyong is one of the top three students at this school, maintaining a GPA of 4.0. It especially saddens me that this unfortunate event was caused by students of this school”

There were whispers from all over the auditorium. “Could the following students come forward; Choi Seunghyun, Kang Daesung, Lee Seungri, and Dong Youngbae” The auditorium dulled at that point, with everyone holding their breath as the four boys walked up to the stage. “Bullying is an offence that should not be taken lightly… The four of you are therefore suspended indefinitely; you will stay away from this school until Mr. Jiyong wakes up and says otherwise” The crowd went dead silent “ And if God forbid, Mr. Jiyong never wakes up… you four are expelled, and will forever live with the thought of taking a defenseless boy’s life. Dismissed” The principal finished and walked away but everyone else remained in their positions, shocked.

“YOU”! A loud voice came from one of the exit points of the auditorium. It was Dami.

“Noona”? While the rest of the boys stewing in confusion, Seunghyun kept his head down.

“YOU BOYS DID THIS” Dami yelled some more as she ran up to the stage, rendering the boys with slaps anywhere her hand could reach. Some teachers on stage tried pulling her away from them but she faced them instead.

“What type of school isn’t aware of problem like these” She cried “My brother is laying there unconscious because of your negligence. How dare you stop me when you didn’t stop them from humiliating in front of the entire school” she turned to face the four boys she thought she knew. “You treated him like dirt”? She laughed coldly “You didn’t do that when you met him at the club, you all were all over him” She noticed their surprise, which only aggravated her more. “I asked he knew you guys and he said you guys were nice”. She knew Jiyong had been lying but she never expected them to be monsters. “If anything happens to Jiyong, I will kill you guys myself”!! She finished before storming out, both her mother and husband had advised against going to the school but she couldn’t help it; she spent the night wiping blood off Jiyong’s bathroom floor while her mother stayed beside Jiyong all night crying.

 

 

The four boys unloaded their lockers silently, avoiding eyes contact with each other. With all other student being in class, the hall way was empty.

“Hyung… I have to tell you something” Seungri turned to Seunghyun.

“I rather not speak to you right now” Seunghyun didn’t budge, he continued stuffing his backpack with his valuables.

“Hyung, he texted you last night and I texted back that he was dead to you” Seunghyun stopped now. He took out his phone, quickly going over to his text messages to see it. He read over it to clarify before allowing the rage consume him, rendering Seungri with a solid punch that caused him to fall back

“Was the humiliation not enough” Seunghyun yelled as he pounced on Seungri, throwing more blows while the other two remained silent “Do you know what you have done”? He shook Seungri “why would you….”

“WHY YOU”?! Seungri yelled as he wiped he blood off the side of his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry for not posting for a while, i had my organic chem exam last night (it ). Enjoy this as sort of a filler chapter, and don't be alarmed by the revelation @ the end. It was part of my original plot that i decided to leave out before, but then i thought it'd be nice to put a little bit of it in.