Masquerade Ball

Lost and Found

 

Shopping with Hye Mi turned out to be more fun than he’d ever imagined; turned out that they liked almost all the same things, and by the time they were done, they had spent more money than they were going admit. She dropped him home right after having dinner.

Seunghyun hadn’t texted him all day, and he was worried, they was a slight possibility that Seunghyun hated the CD.

“Hey sweetie, who just dropped you off”? His mother greeted him as he entered the house. He gave her a brief kiss on the cheek before placing his shopping bags on the floor, and collapsing beside her.

“A new friend, she’s really nice”

“I can see that” his mother said eyeing all his shopping bags. “I hope you got me something at least”

“Of course I didn’t, you never wear anything I get you,” he pouted, looking through his phone. It was really bothering him that Seunghyun wasn’t texting him.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

I won’t even apologize for not texting you all day; I’ve been listening to the song all afternoon…. I mean I only listened like 10 times. Wow you’re really great, seriously…

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

How were you even able to write that? Everything about it perfect; even the instrumentals. Did you do it all yourself? It’s still playing by the way.

 

Omma, I’m going up to my room now” He said before dashing up to his room, he was ready to squeal his lungs out. Seunghyun liked his music, and texted him.

 

‘Oh God! I can’t believe you liked it. OMG I’m so excited, I’m so squealing on my on bed right now’ was what he really wanted to text, but instead

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

That’s great! Are you fangirling over me right now?

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

You’re totally underplaying your excitement aren’t you? You’re just as excited as I am!

 

Seunghyun was definitely psychic because he’d been rolling and squealing on his bed.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Oh God! I’ve been rolling on my bed.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

Keke, You’re cute. Okay, tell me what to do in school tomorrow. I’ll do anything for another song.

 

Jiyong just called him cute, and although it made no sense, it felt nice.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Like I said earlier, I’m not trying to change you or anything, so if you want I can send more, but none of the others are complete. How did protecting the innocent feel?

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

It felt great! What if I want you to change me?

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Doesn’t it make you wonder why you never helped in the first place? I really don’t want to, people need to change for themselves and not for others.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

No not really, no one ever helped me.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

What do you mean?

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

I feel like I’m exposing myself here, but I’ll excuse it coz the song was just that good. I used to be bullied when I was in junior high; I used to be really chubby.

 

He started at his phone, speechless. Seunghyun might have been so many things but getting bullied was the last thing he would have ever imagined happening to him.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

I’m really sorry to hear that, but I’m confused. After experiencing so much pain, why wouldn’t you want to help someone else?

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

You wouldn’t understand~~

 

Seunghyun had been so open and vulnerable with him so it was time for him open up a little, or a lot.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

On two different occasions, I’ve cut myself because I was severely unhappy, and if I ever see anyone attempt to do it, I would try my best to stop them.

 

It had never been so easy to talk about it, and it could have been the fact that he didn’t have to say it face to face, but it felt good.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

 I don’t understand, you’re just so perfect. Isn’t that usually really hard to say, and you just told me…. Okay I don’t know what to say or ask.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Yeah well… I don’t know why I did, lets talk about something else.

 

Two weeks later

 

Things were going great with Seunghyun; he shared more about himself with him than he’d ever done with anyone. It turned out that Seunghyun was a music writer himself, although he was more of a rapper. The first time Seunghyun left him a CD of him rapping in the library, he couldn’t think straight for days. Seunghyun’s voice was ridiculously deep, and although they were rap songs, he fell asleep listening to them every night. They also worked on the very first CD he sent Seunghyun, and they both decided to call it Haru Haru. He wasn’t up for changes to his first real song, but after listening to Seunghyun’s version, it was perfect. The bullying had also significantly reduced, turned out Seunghyun continued the quest to stop bullying, the only problem was when he wasn’t around and his friends were, the bullying continued and he was fine with it.

It was Friday, and everyone was preparing for the infamous masquerade ball on Saturday; the school always had one every year, and since he started Daesang High, he had never attended any.

“Oh God, I still don’t have a mask or a dress, and the ball is tomorrow” Hye Mi said as she sat beside him during lunch. They had gotten closer in the past two weeks, even sleeping over at his house a couple of times which always turned out fun, but he couldn’t bring himself to tell her about Seunghyun.

“Ehh I’m not going” he said drily.

 

Seunghyun>>>Jiyong

Hey I left you something in call 187, 2nd floor. <3

 

“Give me a second I’ll be back” He said before dashing to look for what Seunghyun left him. As usual, he had to make sure the coast was clear so as not to be caught. He finally arrived at the call number, and behind some books was a medium sized black leather box, he peeked in it, and there it was. A glorious satin red mask with embroidery all over it, which only meant one thing, Seunghyun wanted him to meet him at the ball.

“I need to talk to you,” He said as he returned to the lunch table with Hye Mi. He wasn’t sure how he walked back there so fast with his body feeling numb but he did.

“Dude, I’ve been waiting for ever. Where did you go”?

“I have to show you something” He ped his bag a little, revealing the box and opened it for her to see.

“Where did you get that”!! She tried reaching for it but he couldn’t let her take it out, and exposing him to Seunghyun.

“Okay I have to tell you something... a couple of weeks ago, I started texting this guy at school…”

“He sent you that”? Hye Mi yelled, her eyes widening.

“Shhh, but yeah. He…”

“OKAYIHAVETOTELLYOUITSMYBROTHERSEUNGHYUN”!!!! Hye Mi couldn’t help it anymore. Whenever she was with either of them, all they did was text and smile and it was killing her, not to mention the times when Seunghyun told her about Youngie and she knew whom he was talking about.

“How did you know that”?

“Wait…. You know”? The whole time, she always assumed they were oblivious to each other’s identity. “I only knew coz I stole Youngie’s number from Seunghyun oppa’s phone, and when you gave me your number, it showed up as Youngie”

They spent the next couple of minutes talking everything through; Jiyong explained how he found out about Seunghyun, and he finally calmed down when she told him Seunghyun was still in the dark about his identity.

“Wow”! Hye Mi said as everything sank in. “So you’re going right? You don’t understand, he’s really excited about it. Okay, first we’re going shopping to find me a mask, and the you’re sleeping over at my place so we can go together tomorrow”

“I can’t sleep at your place, Seunghyun’s there” His heart was suddenly beating really fast.

“Ji… do you have feelings for my brother”? She asked seriously, she was sure Seunghyun liked his text buddy a lot, but she was never sure about Jiyong. Jiyong was hard to read.

“I….” He never let himself think about it too much but there were times when he started at his phone longingly, waiting for a text from him, or even sneaking a peek at Seunghyun in school just to see him smile whenever he read his text. He had the nicest smile. “I don’t know”

“OMG! You totally do… Okay Seunghyun’s spending the night at Daesung’s with the rest of the guys. Common”!! She whined,  “You’ve never stayed over at my place before”

 

The rest of the day went okay, but Hye Mi won, and by evening, they were at her house bickering about the ball, and a part of him wanted to see Seunghyun.

“Please you have to go Ji. I looked it up, and Seunghyun rush ordered that mask from France” She wanted to shake Jiyong senseless. Seunghyun was putting in so much effort, and there was, nonchalant.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

“Hyung! It’s probably some ugly chick. Why else wouldn’t she have any picture on her phone” It was a mistake telling the boys about Youngie, but he didn’t regret it. He needed to talk to someone about it, someone who wasn’t his eager younger sister. “What exactly have you been telling her”?

“Nothing much” He lied, Youngie knew everything, from his birthday to his favorite movie, which they both shared; Lord of the rings, the second part.

“And she’s coming for the ball…you’re finally getting to meet her”? Taeyang was the mellowest of the remaining three.

“Not really…. we’re going to be in masks”

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

I never got an answer about tomorrow.

 

“But hyung, she’s probably some cheek that’s trying to use you to get popular” said Seungri, the worst one.

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

Well you made it hard to say no with that mask. But… I don’t know

 

“I’m pretty sure, she’s the last person that’d ever do something like that. I’m not having this conversation with you guys anymore, so are we watching this movie or what”?

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

You don’t have to speak to me if you don’t want; I’m just going crazy thinking you’re a figment of my imagination. So I was thinking, we’ll meet at the library at 9:30 since it ends at 10. I promise I wouldn’t ask for more.

 

“Lets watch all the James Bond movies” Daesung suggested at they made their way to his living room. Thanks to Youngie, he’d been talking to them a lot more than he used to.

“Guys, is the library going to be opened tomorrow”?

“Yeah but no one’s allowed in. Everyone supposed to be in the auditorium” Seungri knew everything and everyone.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

We have to sneak in though, but that’s the fun of it.

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

Okay… See you tomorrow. How will I know it’s you though?

 

“Okay guys, what are we going to wear tomorrow”!! He was freaking out now, he was going to wear some tuxedo he got a while back, but he needed something better.

 

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

You will. Just show up in the library.

 

The next day couldn’t have arrived sooner for both Jiyong and Seunghyun, as Seunghyun spent the entire day trying to find the perfect tuxedo for his mask, while Jiyong debated on what to wear. He wasn’t going to wear a dress but he also wasn’t ready for Seunghyun to find out about him just yet. He left Hye Mi’s so she could go with her other friends since he wasn’t going to arrive till the time when he about to see Seunghyun.

It was finally 9pm, and he was seated in his car in front of school, wearing a long medieval cape with a hood that hid his hair, and under it was a white long sleeved shirt, tucked into his high waisted pants, everything coupled with the mask Seunghyun got him. There were people littered everywhere, and he could hear the beautiful songs from inside. Shivers ran through him at the thought of Seunghyun being inside waiting for him. It was 9:25.

‘You can do it; he’s a regular human being like you. Just more model like’ he thought as he stood in front of the library door. He took a deep breath before stepping in; the library was completely dark, the only light in the entire library, were the ones shining from outside.

“You came” There he was before him, Seunghyun with his husky voice. He wasn’t ready for the meeting, and for a second, he was about to leave. And it was as if Seunghyun knew what was on his mind, he added  “Please don’t go” as he walked toward him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyong's Mask

Jiyong's dress

 

Seunghyun's mask

Seunghyun's Tux:

A feel of the Haru Haru they're working on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHL3ZTVj3PM

Hope you guys like it :)