Friday night

Lost and Found

 

 

It was his first time in detention, and it was all because his new mystery friend called him Youngie and gorgeous. When he read the message, he unconsciously let out a scream that startled the entire class and just like that, he was sent to detention for the first time. And hour later, there he was eating lunch alone as usual, with only one thought in his mind ‘Tempo thinks I’m a girl’. ‘Should I tell him I’m a boy’? He was plagued and it was his sister’s fault. After watching some makeup videos on YouTube, she thought she was some makeup artist and he was her mannequin because she thought he had the perfect face, which led to the picture on his phone. He had to struggle, till she finally took a side picture and begged him not to delete it. He hated taking selca’s on his phone; he always looked ugly. It was lunchtime and he sat idly at this food, playing with it and wondering if he should tell his new mystery friend his true identity. ‘I wish this was a movie’ Movies had a way of making people wish for the impossible, if it were a movie, he would be an actual pretty girl, and this mystery phone buddy would end up to be the hottest and most popular guy in school and they would fall in love and live happily ever after. ‘How cliché’

“WHAT UP”!!!!!!! He heard a yell from the other side of the cafeteria; it was Seungri from where the jocks sat. His eyes caught a sight of Seunghyun, who was being his normal snobbish self, and looking at his phone despite the people trying to talk to him. ‘Imagine it being him’ he thought and laughed. It was beyond ridiculous.

 He threw his uneaten food in the trash and went to the library, his usual place. He needed a new book.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

School is almost over and you’re still not replying. I’m really sorry if I startled you, you don’t have to text me anymore. I just thought we’d be good friends.

 

He read the message with a heavy heart; he wanted to reply more than anything but making a fool of someone was not his thing. ‘But to think about, his name can’t be really tempo, he has to be lying also. So it should be okay right’? He knew he was trying to make himself feel better but he didn’t mind. He needed it.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Not at all; I kinda got detention.

 

He sent the message and continued looking the stacks for this new book. He wanted fantasy this time, kind of what was happening to him.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

What! I got detention too. That’s weird; I wish I bumped into you.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

You wouldn’t know me if I did. For all you know, we already bumped into each other a few times today haha

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

I’m pretty sure I would. So… I’m done with pride and prejudice. I love your writing, with the right tune; it could easily be one of the greatest love songs of all time.

 

The message made him stop in his track; he’d never shown anyone his lyrics. No one even knew he wrote poems, and here this person was praising him. ‘How did he know’? All he did was scribble his new lyrics on different pages of a book, and this person knew it was music lyric.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

How did you know they were lyrics? Do you write?

 

He was so intrigued by this mystery friend; it seemed too good to be true.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

Yeah I do. I’m not as good as you though. So except from pride and prejudice, what other books so you read?

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Well I just picked up Jane Erye, but I usually never read romance because they’re pages upon pages of constant cliché. I read fantasy, fiction and some really dark stuff.

 

He was glad school was almost over and it was Friday so he wouldn’t have to be back for another two days. He sat on one of the chairs of the library, flipping through the pages of his book as he waited for the school bell to go off.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

You’re in the library? I want to see you. Wait with the book, I’ll be there in 2 seconds.

 

He didn’t wait a second before dashing out of the library, with the book stuffed in his bag. He wasn’t waiting for the bell anymore, he was through with class and he needed to get out.

“Ji… Hey Ji”!!!! Parked right in front of school was his sister.

“Noona? What are you doing here”? He asked as he got in the car “Drive drive drive”! They needed to leave before people saw him getting into a nice car.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Arriving at the library and seeing no one that looked remotely like Youngie, or no one with a Jane Eyre book, didn’t surprise him. It was only wishful thinking on his part, thinking that he would actually be graced with her presence.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

I think I just got my first heartbreak.

 

He sent the message smiling; there was something about Youngie that made him smile all the time. She seemed so shy yet so open.

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

You’ll get over it :P  Did you really think I’d wait? Where’s the fun in that? keke

 

‘Wow she’s witty’ He thought as he looked for a copy of Jane Eyre for himself also. He’d never read a book with someone before.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

I just picked Jane Eyre also. Any plans for the weekend?

 

“Hyung” Daesung caught up with him as he exited the library.

“Sup”! He asked, with his attention still on his phone.

“We’re still up for Octagon tonight right”? Frankly, he was tired of clubs but he went anyway. Going out to clubs beat staying home all night with his annoying sister. He loved Hye Mi but they were getting uncomfortably close.

“Yeah sure”

“Dude who have you been texting all day”?

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

“Jiyong I’m talking to you can you please stop texting”? His sister sounded irritated, making him place his phone in his bag, “Who do you keep texting anyways”?

“No one, why are you picking me”? He hadn’t seen his sister in days.

“My husband is gone for a week so I thought you’d stay with me for a while. I stopped by the house and packed a few of your things,” She said solemnly, making him look out the window ‘Please tell me you didn’t see it…please…’ “Jiyong-ah, I saw the blades,” She added, and his heart dropped. Although he planned on waiting two years, he knew there were going to be times when he would have to adjust those plans. With the type of school he attended, one cannot be too certain of their plans. “I don’t know what beards you have that you’re shaving so I took them and left you and electronic clipper instead,” She continued with a joyful voice that was masked by pain.

“Noona….”

“We’re not talking about it coz I know you wouldn’t put omma and I in that position again” She said quickly shutting him down. Her voice was shaking again and it was his fault, he was bringing pain to his family as always.

 

                                                                                         

“NOOONAAAA”!! He yelled as his sister tweezed a part of his eyebrows. They had been going at it for hours. She seized his phone and the only way he would ever get it back was if he dressed up as a girl and went out with her.

“Oh please it doesn’t even hurt that much, it was just one hair” She argued. “Alrightey I’m done. You can look in the mirror now” She said stepping aside for him to see his reflection. He looked in the mirror, but the person staring back wasn’t him, it was a girl; a very pretty one.

“Noona is that really me”? He asked stepping closer to the mirror. He wanted to be happy but it only reminded him of things that he could never be. He would never be a pretty girl.

“Yes, and I don’t understand how all the boys aren’t head over heels for you already. Even without makeup, you’re easily the prettiest girl ever” She answered casually as she raided her wardrobe.

“Noona you knew”? He hadn’t told anyone about his preferences, for the fear of being judged. He’d read about how people were ridiculed when they told people.

“Of course I knew, now wear this” she threw a dress at him before leaving the room.

Thank you noona, thank you for not judging me’ 

 

“Noona I think they’ll know” He complained pulling his dress down a little. He was wearing a gold body con dress with loubutins’s that were surprisingly comfortable. Even his wig was itchy but he didn’t mind, for the first time, he felt beautiful.

“Even I don’t know, just follow my lead,” She said as they walked past the long line of people waiting to get in the place where the music was booming.

“Whoa Dami. Haven’t seen you around in a while” some muscular man addressed his sister as he kissed both her cheeks.

“Yeah Yeah… the husband is out, so I thought I’d have fun with my cousin” She pulled him forward as the man inspected him.

“You always bring the iest girls,” he said as he cleared the way for them to enter. “You have to introduce me later” The man added as he winked at him.

“Don’t hold your breath hun” Dami pulled him in. “I told you, you look y. Everyone can’t keep their eyes off you”

She was right, as they stepped into the surprising loud place; everyone passing him did a double take.

“We’re going to the VIP section, be cool and feel free. Dance, drink…., tonight you’re not Jiyong, you’re Youngie, plus there are a few guys I want to introduce you to. There’re in high school too, so you should be fine” She said to him as they made their way to the VIP section.

“Yo! Noona’s here”!!! He heard the familiar voice that made his heart drop.

“Yah Seungri! Why do you have to be so loud”? Hi sister yelled, with her voice laced with laughter. He bowed his head and smoothed his thick bangs, hoping they would block his face more as he watched with the side of his eyes. It wasn’t only Seungri; there was also Daesung, Taeyang, and even Seunghyun. ‘Oh God! How does she know them’

“Noona” Seunghyun was speaking this time; his voice was so deep it gave him chills. He watched quietly as Seunghyun hugged his sister.

“I want you guys to meet my cousin Youngie” Dami gestured for him to move forward but he stood there with his head bowed down still “She’s a little shy” She added, pulling him forward to where the boys were standing.