Game on

Lost and Found

 

“I want you guys to meet my cousin Youngie” He had an outer body experience when he heard the name Youngie. There had to be a reasonable explanation for why he’d be constantly be graced with girls called Youngie, and for a minute he was too scared to look at the person. “She’s a little shy” He looked up this time, and there she was.  Her face was down but she still looked gorgeous, and for a second, he thought she might actually be the one. He never saw Youngie’s full face but he really wanted it to be her.

“Whoa noona, where have you been keeping her”? He heard Taeyang’s voice but his eyes remained on the girl who still hadn’t looked up.

“She lives in New York, she’s just here to visit for a while” He was waiting for her too look up and speak but she didn’t and it was killing him. “Her Korean is bad so she speaks more English” and as if on cue, she spoke.

“Hey, Its nice meeting you guys” She said in perfect English as she extended her hand to Seungri, and for a second he could have sworn that she looked familiar but he brushed it off. If it were someone at his school, she would not be hidden. Her English was flawless, and there was no way it could be the youngie he knew, unless his Youngie could speak good English also.

“You too, I’m Seungri. So how do you like Korea”? Seungri continued with his face-palm worthy English as he led her to one of the booths and the rest of the guys followed.

“Hey Seunghyun” Dami pulled him aside. “Yah! Keep Seungri away from her” He couldn’t blame her; Seungri was a well-known playboy and everyone knew it.

“Noona, there’s no chance your cousin goes to K high right. I mean you wouldn’t lie about that right”? He had to be sure.

“No chance in hell… lets go before the guys eat her alive” she pulled him back to where everyone was seated and pushed him to sit beside her cousin.

“So… Youngie, where do you go to school in New York”? He asked facing her. From side view he could have sworn it was she, but his noona had no reason to lie to him, and his Youngie could be anyone.

“Regis High School” She didn’t have the typical whiny girl voice, she had a sultry voice that caused the hair on the back of his head to stand.

“Youngie do you have a boyfriend”? Seungri yelled from across the table, making Dami slap him across the head.

“Noona! That hurts”! Seungri yelled. They’d only met Dami twice; once at his uncle banquet, and another at a different club. She and her husband had the best couple dynamic, and he remembered thinking with the rest of his friends, that she was one of the coolest people they’d ever met.

“Can I get you something to drink”?

“I…. don’t drink” They were seated, dangerously close to each other, and he wanted to ask more questions but the other occupants of the table kept butting in, and although she didn’t seem to mind, she looked quite bored and a little distressed.

“Seunghyun why don’t you take Youngie for a dance” Dami suggested.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

“Seunghyun why don’t you take Youngie for a dance” He stiffened when his sister suggested it. From the moment he saw, he wanted to run away screaming bloody murder. He would be killed if they ever found out it was him, and frankly, he didn’t mind the killing, it was the public humiliation in school before the killing that bothered him.

Seunghyun had been sitting dangerously close to him, and he could feel Seunghyun’s eyes on him the entire time. ‘So this is what being a girl feels like’ ‘This is what being liked and attractive feels like’

“You don’t have to dance if you don’t want to, wanna go for a walk, you seem bored”? Seunghyun whispered in his ears, making him shiver. Seunghyun’s voice was surprisingly deep and it gave him Goosebumps. Going for a walk seemed like a good idea, but going for a run seemed better; everyone kept looking him especially Seungri and it felt weird, but being alone with Seunghyun was far from a good idea. He wanted to pull his sister aside and beg her to return home, but he couldn’t. She seemed excited when they got ready, it’d been long since they spent time together, and he could tell she wanted it.

“Noona, can I take Youngie home tonight”? Seungri, the annoying one asked again.

“How about you take your five girlfriends home instead”! He shot back a little louder than he wanted to, making everyone around the table laugh, and Seungri embarrassed. ‘Jiyong, do you want to die’? “Yes, I’ll take that walk” he said to Seunghyun as they both rose up to leave. He had never done anything as remotely exciting in his life but making a fool of the bullies that made his school life a living hell felt good, although it was a little depressing. They couldn’t recognize the one person they tortured almost everyday, it was almost as if he was less than a human being to them.

The walk was awkward at first, the air was cold out, and for the first few minutes, they walked silently till Seunghyun broke the silence

“Okay this might sound weird but.. Do you like to read books”?

“Yeah, I do” he said silently, rubbing his arm.

“Hold on” Seunghyun stopped him, putting his jacket on him. Seunghyun’s fingers grazed his exposed arm a little, making him shiver. He’s never been so close to someone who wasn’t a family member or Hyunseung . The jacket smelled good. “So… your English is pretty good. When did you leave Korea”?

“When I was a kid… it’s been so long” he lied. Dami did it again, first with the picture on his phone, and now he had to speak English the entire night, which wasn’t a bad idea, after all his mother paid good money for it.  

“Did you miss Korea”?

“A little but not much”

“You’re really beautiful”. It was so sudden; he stopped in his tracks. No one had ever called him beautiful before, and now Seunghyun of all people just did. “Sorry… You just are, plus with your name and all, you remind me a little of someone and I was hoping you were her but it’s not possible” It was the most he’d heard Seunghyun say but, he seemed vulnerable.

“Wanna talk about her”? He didn’t care, but it was nice hearing him talk about some girl.

“You’d probably think I’m weird but a couple of days ago, I started texting this girl in my school, and she seems so genuine and perfect”

“Why don’t you just talk to her”? He asked nonchalantly.

“Because... I’ve never seen her, I got very interested in her when I saw her scribbles on a book, pride and prejudice and….” ‘It can’t be’ He stopped in his tracks, having a minute panic attack. Seunghyun was Tempo. Seunghyun was still speaking, but it seemed like there were no words coming out, he felt numb. “…. so yeah, I guess I was really hoping she was you….. Are you okay, you look a little pale” Seunghyun was dangerously close to him now.

“Seunghyun…” He tried speaking, but it came out as a moan. Seunghyun was having a surprisingly huge effect on him; it was the first time he actually felt this way. It could only be described as what he read in some of his books; the air was chilly but the sweet smelling jacket kept him warm, and he had one of the most good looking guy staring down at him, almost as if he was about to kiss him. Tempo was Seunghyun, which only meant Seunghyun liked him. Seunghyun the most snobby and popular guy in school; the boy that constantly watched him get bullied, the boy that he hated A LOT.

“I have to get back” he stepped back.

“Sorry if I startled you”

“No its not that, it’s…. I need to leave” He said as he started walking back to the club, and the shoe that felt light earlier suddenly seemed heavy.

“Wait…” Seunghyun tried catching up to him “I’m sorry if I freaked you out. I mean here I am with you, and yet talking about some mystery girl... GOD! I’m going crazy” Seunghyun ran this hand through his hair as he paced. He almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

“Dami would be looking for me… so I have to head back”

“I’ll walk you back” They started their walk back to the club.

“So… this Youngie girl, what if she’s a guy. I mean you’ve never seen her”

“I’m pretty sure she’s a girl, but I don’t care if she isn’t”

Liar’ “That’s nice” He replied as he rolled his eyes.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

Oh God, I almost kissed her’I ing almost kissed her’ the walk back to the club seemed longer than ever. It turned out that there were two youngies, and he liked both.

“Uhmm... can I get your number”?

“I don’t have a phone here, sorry”

Why is this so hard, am I ugly or something’ “That’s fine… so…”

“Bye” Youngie cut him off, walking away from him for the nth time.

“I don’t understand, do you not like me? Did I do something wrong. You seem like you hate me” Whoever this girl was, she was leaving him lounging for more, she was worse than his Youngie.

“Its not that I hate you, its just that I know guys like you” she shot back.

“What is that supposed to mean”?

“You high school jocks, that think they’re better than everyone. I bet you’re a bully also” This girl clearly had a problem with him.

“You don’t even know me, why would you jump into conclusions”?

“Sorry…I don’t know what got into me… I’m just going to leave” She said as she turned to leave again.

“So how about you make it up to me. Can I take you out to dinner tomorrow”?

“Youngie there you are, we have to go” Dami showed up, ruining everything.

“Noona” He pulled Dami aside “Can I see Youngie tomorrow”?

“I’ll call you but now we really have to go” Dami answered quickly before pulling Youngie away from his life; Youngie the intriguing girl. He smiled at the thought of her having his jacket; now there was no way she'd ever forget him. She reminded him of someone though, he could have sworn he’d seen that face before.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

“Did you have fun tonight”? Dami asked on the ride back to her house, it was a little early for her to leave, but it didn’t take brainiac to realize that her baby brother knew the boys she introduced him to. She saw how he never looked them in the eye, and it weighed on her conscience, and she was going to let it go till he disappeared with Seunghyun. At first she thought, they were on the dance floor but when she didn’t see them, she started to panic.

“Noona, how do you know those boys”? He was still reeling from the entire night; it seemed like a dream.

“My husband’s partner knows the Choi’s, and I met them all a while ago at a banquet. They go to your school don’t they…. I think Seungri might have mentioned it and I totally forgot”?

“Yeah” ‘They’re the ones that make me want to slide a blade across my skin half the time’ “Why do they go to parties, they’re in high school”

“Yeah, but its better to let them have fun now instead of holding them back and having them sneaking out and doing all kinds of things. They’re surprisingly responsible though” She remembered the first time she met them, they were nice and interesting and all she wanted to o was introduce them to Jiyong.

“Yeah” Jiyong answered dryly as he turned his attention, out the window.

“Are they not nice in school”?

“They’re angels”

“I think you an Seunghyun look so good together” His sister said making him remember the kiss that almost happened. Seunghyun was his mystery friend, the person that liked to read, and liked his lyrics. The universe was clearly playing a joke on him

“Noona, can I have my phone back now”? He needed to shut it down; it was nice while it lasted.

“Yeah check my bag” He dug through her bag, till he saw his phone. There were several messages, all from Tempo… Seunghyun. He was about going through them when a new one came in.

 

Seunghyun>>>Jiyong

Youngie, you haven’t texted back all day. I don’t know, I think I’m going crazy. I met this girl with your name today and I found myself wishing she were you. Please text back.

 

Why would I want to text the devil’? he almost laughed at how funny the entire thing was. It was disgusting how they were nice to some girl they only met once at a club but not to him, and the others they bullied in school everyday. 

There had to be a reason for the things that were happening, he could just shut it down and pretend it didn’t happen. He was going to get revenge.

 

Jiyong>>>Seunghyun

Sorry I haven’t texted back; my parents were pissed at the whole detention thing. So…. Did you like this Youngie girl?

 

He sent the text and waited in anticipation for the reply.

 

Seunghyun>>>Jiyong

I don’t know. I just wish she were you.

 

He was going to make Seunghyun fall for Youngie, and then crush him, and he was going to have so much fun doing it.