Together at last

Lost and Found

 

 

After their brief encounter in the library, the rest of the boys found out that Jiyong remembered, and begged for more forgiveness and were forgiven for the nth time. The rest of the week quickly went by and Seunghyun kept his promise by staying away from Jiyong, which took a toll on him.

“Jiyong you’re coming to the game tonight right”? Seungri asked as they all sat around the lunch table. It had been their routine for the past couple of days; Taeyang, Daesung, Seungri, Hye Mi, Seunghyun, and Jiyong sat around the same table for lunch. It was awkward at first but after a while, it didn’t seem so bad. Jiyong still felt uneasy with them but he knew he had to take baby steps, especially with Seungri who felt the need to get close to him all the time.

“Oppa can you not pressure Jiyong”? Hye Mi said shoving Seungri to the side. “And yes we are coming, right Ji”? Hye mi asked smiling; everything was starting to fall into place little by little. Everything except for Seunghyun and Jiyong; although they were all spending time together, the two boys barely ever spoke to each other or even looked at each other. “Oppa, why aren’t you eating”? Hye Mi asked Seunghyun.

“Not really hungry” Seunghyun said smiling softly. Jiyong looked up at Seunghyun but Seunghyun returned his gaze to his phone. He was never going to say it but he was a little hurt that Seunghyun really stayed away like he was told; a little part of him hoped that Seunghyun would actually try to fight for him but there was something a little off about Seunghyun recently, he looked like he’d been losing weight.

“But you have a game tonight, you need to eat so…”!! Jiyong started yelling but then stopped, everyone around them were looking.

The table was quite for a while until Taeyang started laughing “You sound so scary when you yell”

“Right”? Daesung agreed. “I bet Seunghyun hyung almost his pants”. They all joined in laughing, except Seunghyun who stood up and walked away.

Everything seemed so wrong; Jiyong was suddenly with them on the table like all the bullying never happened.

“Seunghyun…” It was Jiyong calling him from behind, but he didn’t answer “Seunghyun” Jiyong suddenly appeared in front him.

“What…. I’m supposed to act like all those stuff didn’t happen, I’m supposed to act like I didn’t just almost take your life… I’m…”

“You’re supposed to forgive yourself, like I have forgiven you. And you didn’t almost take my life” Jiyong said calmly, which was the exact opposite of how he was feeling.

“I can’t do that,” Seunghyun said turning to walk away. There was just so much he could take.

“Why”? Jiyong wasn’t sure what he was expecting from Seunghyun but he didn’t want him to leave. “Why can’t we be friends, do you hate me that much for deceiving you”?

“THAT’S WHAT YOU DON’T GET”! Seunghyun felt insulted. “See when you love someone, you can’t just be their friend. And you were the one who told me to stay away Kwon Jiyong” and just like that, he walked away.

 

 

“Jiyong are you okay”? Hye Mi asked as they go ready for the homecoming game. Something seemed different about Jiyong the minute he waked back into the cafeteria. “Jiyong”? She shook him when he seemed to have spaced out.

“I…I…I think Seunghyun told me he…” Even the words couldn’t come out “He…. Told me he loves me” His placed his hand across his chest, he was so close to having a heart attack.

“Sweety..” Hye Mi sat beside him “I think the entire school knows… they call you guys gtop, gd&top….”

“What”?

“Oh… you didn’t know. So Suzy thought it’d be cool to call you gdragon so when we put both names together…. GTOP…. that part was all me” Hye Mi said proudly.

“People are okay with it”?

“Yeah…. Everyone thinks you guys would be cute together, now the question is, what do you think. Do you love him”?

‘More than anything in the world, but I don’t know’ “No I don’t, lets get ready” Jiyong said before rising to look for his shoes. “I don’t understand why I have to go or why we have to go so early…. there’s only our y marching band, and words from some people”

“This is going to be your first game Ji, you need to witness the whole nine yard. Okay I’m ready” Hye Mi said finally. “Come stand with me”

They stood in front of the mirror together, admiring themselves “we look really good together” Hye Mi commented; Jiyong was shirtless but his chest painted with the school’s colors, while Hye Mi wore a ripped tee and shorts. They both had a temporary tattoo of the school’s mascot on their cheek. “Why aren’t you straight”?

“Well why aren’t you a guy”? Jiyong shot back.

“Touché. Lets go”

“You know we’re gonna freeze to death right”? Jiyong asked on the ride to school.

“Yup, its spring and it feels like freaking winter”

They were soon seated and the announcements started “wow, is it always this full”? Jiyong asked looking around.

“Yeah…. I can’t believe you always miss this” Hye Mi seemed so excited tat she was rubbing off on him. He was getting in the mood when the entire crowd was suddenly quiet a voice from the speakers enveloped him.

 

Finally I realize that I am nothing without you

I was so wrong, forgive me

My broken heart like a wave,

My shaken heart like a wind,

My heart vanished like smoke,

It can’t be removed like a tattoo.

I sigh deeply as if a ground is going to cave in.

Only dusts are piled up in my mind.

Yeah, I thought I wouldn’t be able to live even one day without you.

But somehow I managed to live on (longer) than I thought

You don’t answer anything as I cry out “I miss you”

I hope for a vain expectation but now it’s useless

What is it about that person next to you? Did he make you cry?

Dear, can you even see me? Did you forget completely?

I am worried, I feel anxiety because I can’t get close nor try to talk to you

I spend long nights by myself, erasing my thoughts a thousand times

 

Seunghyun finally stopped rapping, the crowd was still silent but just as Jiyong was starting to miss Seunghyun’s voice; he was joined by Seungri, Daesung, and Taeyang as they broke into an acapella.

 

Don’t look back and leave

Don’t find me again and live (on)

Because I have no regrets from loving you, take only the good memories

I can bear it in some way

I can stand in some way

You should be happy if you are like this

I become dull day by day (eh eh eh eh)

Oh girl I cry, cry

You’re my all, say goodbye…

 

Jiyong was beside himself; it was his haru haru, but with a different feel to it. Seunghyun had perfected his song…. their song.

 

(Seunghyun continued)

 

If we pass by each other on the street

Act like you didn’t see me and go the way you were walking to

If you keep thinking about our past memories

I might go look for you secretly

Always be happy with him, (so)

I won’t ever get a different mind

Even smallest regret won’t be left out ever

Please live well as if I should feel jealous

You should always be like that bright sky, like that white cloud

Yes, you should always smile like that as if nothing happened

 

The chorus was about to start back up when the boys were accompanied by the marching band, and just like that the performance was over and everyone was moved to their feet. It was a perfect performance.

“Thank you… Thank you… Thank you” Seungri addressed the crowd “Music and lyrics by Kwon Jiyong, with the help of Choi Seunghyun” suddenly he was on the screen and entire school was clapping for him but he had his eyes locked with Seunghyun. He was about to smile when Seunghyun turned away. ‘Maybe he didn’t see me’ he thought as he watched Seunghyun follow his friends under the bleachers.

“If you don’t think he loves you after that, then I have no words for you. Seunghyun oppa hates to sing in front of people” Hye Mi said beside him while as his eyes were still fixed on the direction Seunghyun had exited from.

 

 

The boys soon got amped up and ready for the game “Hyung let’s do this AHHHHHHH” Seungri yelled as they all ran out. It was a game they’d been waiting for all season, and they weren’t going to spare any expense.

“Oh look, its Seunghyun,” The quarterback of the opposing team yelled as they each took their positions. “I hear you’re into dudes now” He continued, and laughter followed.

“He’s not worth our time hyung, he know that they don’t stand a chance against us” Taeyang whispered in Seunghyun ear to calm him. The game soon started, and Taeyang had predicted, they were winning by a landslide.  Seunghyun’s energy was wearing out but the thought of Jiyong cheering for him, made him give his all.

“Hyung watch out for number 32, we heard they’re gonna start targeting you more” Daesung whispered as they took their positions for he second half of the game.

“I think I’ll be fine”

“Hyung don’t get cocky; its obvious you’re weak, and they’ve been targeting you for a while” Taeyang said to Seunghyun as the second half was about to begin, he was worried for Seunghyun.

“Yeah Seunghyun. I might just take the Jiyong boy home with me, he looks kind of cute” The cocky quarterback from the other team said as he brushed past them. The opposing team was from a neighboring school that had always been at war with them, and there was always a constant flow of information between both schools.

“Hyung” Taeyang held Seunghyun back from starting a fight “Save it for after the game” Taeyang whispered. “After all, he’s just trying to yank your chain, he’s as straight as an arrow”

Seunghyun scoffed at Taeyang’s words “You think I’m gay”? He smirked now “You don’t have to be gay to like that boy, even Seungri is in love with him” Seunghyun finished and walked away.

“Eh… Seungri likes Jiyong”? Taeyang allowed his mind wonder to his recent times with Jiyong 'he does have a nice smile.... And that pouty thing he does is super cute' he thought smiling, but caught himself "Taeyang no" he told himself as he rejoined his team.
The game continued, and soon it was 15 minutes left in the game and the opposing team were fighting a lost battle.
"Hyung, how about you finish with another touchdown. I heard there are scouts here,” Seungri whispered to him. "I already told the guys, we'll cover you" and they did, until Seunghyun was about to step over the finish line, when someone from he opposing team took him down.

Jiyong was beside himself when it happened. The crowd went from cheering on top of their lungs to silence; Seunghyun was down and he wasn't getting up, no movement either.
"Oppa" Hye Mi gasped. Seunghyun was on the screen now, with his eyes closed, not moving. "Ji...." She turned in Jiyong's direction but he wasn't there, instead, he was already racing across the field.
"Seunghyun"! Jiyong cried as he approached the people lifting Seunghyun on a stretcher, there was an ambulance pulling up.
"Stay back" Jiyong was held back. "Football player, unconscious, 15 minutes" one of the EMT said as they placed the stretcher in the car.
"I'm going with him" Jiyong said in an attempt to climb in but was held back.
"Sorry. Friends and family only". Jiyong felt like he'd been stabbed; of course Seunghyun was more than a friend to him but his attitude toward Seunghyun in the past week would make it seem otherwise.
"I'll go.. He's my brother" Hye Mi suddenly appeared beside them "I left my bag and phone with Yoori, please help me get it from her" she told Jiyong before rushing into the van, leaving him standing with the rest of the team.
"Common.... I'll drive you there" Seungri said with his arm around Jiyong.
"No you guys go.... I'm not going" He wriggled his way out of Seungri's arm.
The other three boys were confused "Common Jiyong, I know...." Daesung spoke first.
"Seunghyun and I are not friends, so why should I be there"?
"Fine, do whatever you want" Taeyang gave up.
Jiyong walked away "Lets go guys" he heard Taeyang say. He felt guilty; Seunghyun was right when he said he was being fake by trying to befriend him; as much as he tried to forget, Seunghyun actually sent that message to him and there is no going back from that. He got Hye Mi's phone and bag, and walked over to his car where he sat and cried. 'I'll never forgive you if you leave me Choi Seunghyun, you can't leave me. Not when you made me want to live'.
He was about to speed off to the hospital when Hye Mi's phone started ringing, it was her father
"Hello" Jiyong picked up.

8hrs later

Seungri--->Jiyong
Are you really not coming?

Jiyong--->Seungri
How is he?

Seungri--->Jiyong
Where are you?

Truthfully, after speaking to Seunghyun's father, he drove straight to the hospital and has been in the parking lot praying more than he'd ever prayed since the night his own father was the one in the hospital. He was still seated when someone knocked on his window startling him a little.
"Seungri"? Indeed, Seungri was smiling at him through the window of the passenger seat.
"How did you find me.... what are you doing here" Jiyong asked as Seunghyun hopped on.
"I knew you would be around here somewhere, I had to check every BMW here looking like some creep" Seungri said before laughing.
"How is he"?
"Do you really want to know"? Seungri asked and Jiyong nodded as he held his breath.
"He fell asleep"
Jiyong was confused. "What"?
"Well, nothing was wrong with him, he was severely underfed and dehydrated, and apparently hasn't been eating or sleeping" Seungri answered before breaking into a laugh. Jiyong sat still before laughing with him.
They laughed some more before Jiyong's laugh suddenly turned into a sob. "I really thought I lost him"
Seungri sat still and let Jiyong cry it out, his heart broke as he watched the one person he’d been looking at cry for someone else. "You know, watching you right now gives me an intense déjà vu feeling" he finally spoke when Jiyong was done. "It's only two weeks ago that you were the one in that hospital, and Seunghyun out here because he blamed himself" By the shocked expression on Jiyong's face, it was obvious that it was his first time hearing of it "Yeah, Dami noona had to drag him in. He wasn't eating either, Hye Mi had to cry to make him eat porridge, and he also never left the hospital. Daesung and Taeyang, and I were also there but Dami noona can get quite scary when she wants us to leave, but not Seunghyun. He never left, even though it was all my fault"
Jiyong didn't speak. He couldn't if he tried. He knew Seunghyun was always there but, hearing now gave it another meaning.
"Even though you've forgiven us, and we're somewhat moving on, Seunghyun isn't"
"What do you mean"?
"He hasn't been eating, or sleeping much. He shouldn't have been in the game today but he somehow changed his mind when he found out you were attending. Also, the text message..." 'Don't tell Jiyong about the last text message, that's all I need from you. If you're really sorry about what you did, don't tell him' He promised Seunghyun that he would never tell.
"I am going in..." Jiyong regained his courage, he had to Seunghyun.
"Sorry mister but Seunghyun got discharged two hours ago, when his parents got here. We all thought it'd be better if he slept on his own bed" Seungri laughed some more.

“Alright then, I’m going to his house…. I need to tell him how I really feel, and no holding back this time,” Jiyong said as he the car engine.

Seungri buckled his seat belt “First of all, you’re driving straight home” he eyes Jiyong “I can still see your body paint, and you’re gonna start having bad reactions to it, and two…. You should really get some sleep, I’m really tired of hospitals”

Jiyong gave it a quick thought, Seungri was right, he needed to shower and look good for Seunghyun. He was both scared and excited “Fine, I’ll go tonight”

 

 

 

 

“So your mother and I were thinking, it’s about time the both of you come join us in America” Seunghyun’s father said as they were all seated in the living room. It’d been a while since they all sat to have a discussion as a family.

“What”!! Both Seunghyun and Hye Mi yelled in unison, a change of location was the last thing they were expecting from their parents.

“I thought you guys would be excited, you both hated it here when we first got here”

“Appa that was over two years ago, we’ve built a life here” Hye Mi was the first to speak, there was no way she was moving now.

“What about school”? Seunghyun asked calmly ‘what about Jiyong, I can’t leave him now’

“That’s easy, with both your grades, it would be easy to transfer to any good school in the Manhattan” Their mother spoke this time.

Hye Mi crossed her hands over her chest “I’m not going anywhere”!

“When are we supposed to leave”? Seunghyun asked calmly.

“Tonight actually”

“WHAT”!!!!!! They screamed in unison again.

“Your mother and I feel really bad for allowing Seunghyun to be the man of the house when he’s so young, even with the Lee’s checking on you every time”

“But Seunghyun oppa has been doing a good job. I don’t drink or party, and both our grades are perfect”

“While that’s a good thing, we miss you guys, and it was quite embarrassing that your boyfriend picked up your phone today to yell at me, and he even called your mother and I, incompetent. It….”

“Boyfriend”? Hye Mi asked laughing, till she remembered that Jiyong had her phone. “That was Jiyong. He’s Seunghyun’s boyfriend”

Seunghyun stood up abruptly “I have to go” he said as he ran out he door.

“Seunghyun is gay”? Mrs. Choi asked, surprised. “Yeobo we missed everything”

“I’ll tell you everything” Hye Mi said happily, she truly missed her parents.

 

 

 

“Thanks for driving me home” Jiyong said as Seungri opened the car door for him. Seungri was surprisingly a good company. “How are you gonna get home”?

Seungri handed Jiyong the car keys. “No biggie, I’ll take a cab to get my car from the hospital”

“Wow”

“What?... You’re blushing”

“I don’t know…. I’m just not used to seeing this side of you…. It’s a little scary, I feel like I should keep my guard up incase you decide to stuff me into a locker soon”

Seungri leaned against the parked car as he studied Jiyong as he spoke; the boy was indeed beautiful, even with severe eye bags. “Please don’t ever think like that again” his voice came out overly soft, even Jiyong must have noticed it because he was looking at him strangely now. “Can I tell you something”?

“Always”

“I used to have the biggest crush on you” He never planned on letting Jiyong knew but knowing that Jiyong would forever be Seunghyun’s by tomorrow made him want to wipe his slate clean “Actually, it kind of developed into love at some point. It……”

Jiyong listened to Seungri, his confession was so shocking, that it numbed him to his very core. “I remember you”

“No you don’t, you never did and it’s fine”

Jiyong laughed, “I do, the boy I gave my last SpongeBob band aid to. Your right socks had a little hole”

“You….”

“Yeah I really wanted to find you but my friend stopped me. Remember the day you caught me spying on the field? I was actually hoping I’d find you”

Listening to Dongwook’s advice was easily the worst decision he’d ever made “Wow”

“Yeah… That hyung fed you bad advice, and you were foolish to believe him… but it’s forever ago”

“Yeah…”Seungri said sadly “and you’re in love with Seunghyun now”

Jiyong wanted to scream out his love for Seunghyun, but the sad look on Seungri’s face kept him from doing just that “Yeah”

“Can I kiss you”?

“What”? Jiyong took a step back, but Seungri still closed the gap between them.

“I know it’d be wrong to have these thoughts about you when you and Seunghyun get together, so please”

“Se… Seung…” Seungri’s face was lowering to his slowly, but he pushed him of just in time. “Sorry, I can’t”

“Jiyong wait” Seungri stopped Jiyong from running into his house. “Seunghyun wasn’t the one who said that you were dead to him. It was I”

“No, it was Seunghyun. It came from Seunghyun’s phone”

“He left his phone and bag in school that day, and I wanted to bring it to him. I saw the message you sent him, and I got angry, and jealous. When I told him he was angry, and didn’t talk to me for a week till he forgave me, and made me promise never to tell you” Seungri was ashamed of himself but somehow felt free.

“You never should have told me,” Jiyong said before stepping into his house, and slamming the door behind him.

‘Seunghyun’ was the only thing in his mind till he couldn’t take it anymore. He needed to see Seunghyun, he ran to the door, opened it to see Seunghyun standing they’re looking just as surprised as he was.

“W… what are you doing here”?

“I don’t know” Seunghyun said truthfully. “I don’t know what I’m doing”

“I… was on my way to see you” Jiyong stepped aside “Come in”?

 Jiyong closed the door behind them, and leaned on it.

“You yelled at my father”

“Yeah, you and Hye Mi should never be left alone” Jiyong answered calmly, as Seunghyun paced before him.

“You didn’t come for me when I was I the hospital”

“I was in the parking lot for 10 hrs, I only just got home” It was nice to see Seunghyun fidget.

“I am so sorry for everything my friends and I did to you… I….”

“I love you Tempo”

“You have to know that only walked away from you because I though you were using me…”

“I love you Choi Seunghyun”

“…. And that really hurt me, because….” Seunghyun was still talking away when Jiyong walked up to him.

“I love you, pabo”

Seunghyun froze “Jiyong..” he said in a croaked voice. He pulled Jiyong to him sharply “I love you so much” he said quickly before kissing Jiyong. It was a light and brief kiss.

“I know you didn’t send that text”

“Seungri and his big mouth” Seunghyun said before kissing Jiyong again, and this time it was a deep one, and Jiyong didn’t hold back his time; he circled his arms around Seunghyun’s neck. “God! I love you so much”

“Stop” Jiyong pulled away; the way Seunghyun was staring at him made him feel .

“Are you blushing”?

“No” Jiyong lied, moving away from Seunghyun as fast as fast as he could.

“Come here” Seunghyun chased Jiyong around the living room till he faked being hurt to make Jiyong run to him “Gotcha” he pulled Jiyong on top of him and they fell on the couch together, with Jiyong landing on top of Seunghyun.

“I am so sorry Jiyong, for everything” Seunghyun finally said. “I am so sorry I didn’t protect you, i…”

“Shh” Jiyong placed a finger over Seunghyun’s lip “I’m the one who should be sorry. I know I didn’t mean to deceive you, but it definitely looked that way from your perspective, and it wasn’t your job to protect me”

“But it is now; I am going to protect you henceforth”

“And I you” Jiyong standing up from Seunghyun’s thigh “Starting with making you my famous omurice” He pulled Seunghyun to the kitchen with him.

Seunghyun watched as Jiyong cooked, it still felt surreal “Why are you smiling to yourself over there”? Jiyong said, distracting him from thoughts. “I can’t remember the last time I’ve been so happy without Hye Mi being the cause of it” he answered truthfully. He was getting embarrassed till he saw the blush on jiyong’s cheek.

Jiyong cleared his throat; it was a lot to take in only a couple of minutes “Hye Mi has some serious competition…. Read any books lately”? Jiyong asked in an attempt to change he conversation.

“Nothing major, just a lot of Dean Koontz”

“WOW! Dark much”? Jiyong said, making Seunghyun laugh.

 

MOM>>>Seunghyun

Oppa it’s me, I spoke to mom and dad, and I convinced them that we can’t leave. Hope you haven’t told Jiyong yet :p

 

Seunghyun placed his phone on the table, and let out a huge sigh, ‘Thank God’ he sighed.

“Food’s ready” Jiyong said happily as he placed the food before Seunghyun. “Stop smiling so much, it’s freaking me out”

“Well get used to it because as long as you’re beside me, I’m going to be smiling all the time” Seunghyun pulled Jiyong on top of him “Feed me” he proceeded to open his mouth.

Jiyong was too tired by the time they were done eating, making Seunghyun piggyback him to his room. “I still can’t believe you stayed in your car outside the hospital the entire time” Seunghyun said as he laid Jiyong gently on the bed. “Uhmmm, I guess I’ll see you…”

“Don’t leave me” Jiyong pulled Seunghyun to the bed, scared of what that he would wake up and the last couple of minutes were a figment of his imagination.

“Jiyong”? Seunghyun called out after a several minutes of lying facing Jiyong. Jiyong’s breath was heaved, as Jiyong was fast asleep. “I love you” He said as he pulled Jiyong closer to him, word could not express the happiness he felt in his heart, he couldn’t wait to walk hand in hand with Jiyong for the rest of his life. He finally fell asleep with a smile on his face.