Mystery

Lost and Found

 

Jiyong finally decided to get off his bed after tossing and turning all night; he was up thinking about his almost first kiss with Seunghyun.

“Geez Ji I thought you’d never come out” Dami said her brother as he stumbled into the bathroom looking like a zombie. “How was your night”?

He helped himself to a plate, filling it with pancakes and bacon, he was still not hungry, but he was going to try eating. Even he knew it wasn’t healthy.

“Thank God! For a second I was scared that you weren’t eating again. You’ve gotten more skinny Ji” Dami said as she took a closer look at her brother, even her pajamas looked loose on him, and the previous night, she had to give him a dress that didn’t fit her anymore.

“Well no matter how much I eat, I never gain weight” He replied before placing a huge chunk of pancake drenched in syrup in his mouth. It actually tasted good.

“Uhmm… Seunghyun called, and he wanted to know if he could see you again and….”

“Noona please stop”! He said way more harshly than intended. “I don’t want to do that anymore… I know you thought it’d be a good opportunity for us to bond but I really didn’t like it, it wasn’t me” He loved his sister but he had to let her know that last night could never repeat itself.

“Jiyong, I know…. And I’m really sorry. I was up all night thinking how wrong I was to do that, especially since you didn’t want to” She was up and by his side.

“Noona if you want to talk to me, just do it. I’m so tired of you and omma walking on glass around me all the time”

“Fine… I’m not going to ask why you did it” Dami was crying at she spoke. It’d been months since her brother last attempted suicide, and it she could see the images of him unconscious on the bathroom, drenched in blood and it a never-ending nightmare for her. “Just promise me that you wouldn’t do it ever again” She knelt before him.

“I….” ‘I can’t do that’

“Jiyong I’m pregnant,” She blurted, “I just found out yesterday morning and I wanted you to be the first to know”

“Noona….” He was on the floor crying with her in a heartbeat.

“Jiyong you can never do it ever again, this baby has to grow up with you,” The tears were pouring as she spoke. The thought of Jiyong trying another attempt, and succeeding, scared her.

“Noona I’m so sorry” He meant it, his actions hurt everyone but he couldn’t help it, and there was nothing anyone could do.

“Don’t be, I just want to help you. Whenever you have the urge to do it, just call me, and wherever I am, I promise to help you” He nodded his response this time. “You deserve to be happy Ji”

 

It was one of the longest mornings of his entire life, but he spoke more to Dami than he’d done since she got married. Returning to his room, he collapsed on his bed realizing he’d made a big mistake thinking he could fool Seunghyun. Doing that would make him no less than the people the complained about.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Hey, so I was thinking and I don’t think we should do this anymore. Sorry

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

It’s okay; I guess I was too excited :(

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

I just have one question, you seem like someone who’d have tons of friends, why are you doing this…. texting someone you don’t know.

 

He was Choi Seunghyun; he had girls all over him and guys wanting to be him. There was nothing he could possibly lack.

 

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

Friends? That’s funny, so tell me. Do you consider everyone you talk to, a friend?

 

He smiled as he read the message; there was a possibility that Seunghyun was a lot different than he thought.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Touché.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

Gotcha… anyways, I do have a lot, but they’re not really like me. They do things I genuinely hate, so talking to new people like you can be quite refreshing.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

 Then why don’t you just tell them, I’m pretty sure they do what they think you’d like.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

Why would I ever want to bully anyone, or treat him or her like they’re less than human or laugh at people behind their back?

 

He stared at his phone for several minutes. This was the reason he wanted to cut all ties off, it was a little weird, and not to mention unfair that he knew it was Seunghyun.

 

Tempo>>>Jiyong

Sorry about the bullying thing. I’m sure I screwed it all up now.

 

Jiyong>>>Tempo

Why don’t you just stop your so-called friends if you hate it so much, bullying ruins people’s lives.

 

Thinking back, he remembered how Seunghyun always sat at arm’s length while the rest did everything. He always thought it was because he was a sadist and liked to watch. Never in his wildest dreams would he have ever thought he was against it.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

There he was, Saturday afternoon; enjoying a conversation with an unknown person, and it felt great.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

Trust me no one knows that better I do, but it’s not my place.

 

“Oppa”!! Hye Mi barged into her brother’s room unannounced, as usual. “So how was last night”?

“Best night I’ve ever had with the boys to be honest”

“Really”? She was shocked, Seunghyun always complained every time he returned from an outing with friends. “It’s a girl isn’t it”?

“Seriously, I think its weird how close we are”. Although they were almost two years apart, they were inseparable. Hye Mi was his best friend, she one of the best people he’d ever met.

“True, except when we get to school and you turn into the biggest ever. Seriously oppa, when will you stop this charade”?

“Lets not argue about this anymore, I’m really tired” It was an argument they had all the time, and she always won, but the fact was, high school was always going to be high school; you step into a role and you finish with the role you start with unless you switch schools like he did.

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

So did you start Jane Eyre yet?

 

He smiled; Youngie wasn’t giving up on him just yet.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

I was about to, but I figured I’d wait till you return yours with the little notes you leave on it. :P

 

“Wow oppa, your smile is blinding me. Seriously, who are you texting” Hyemi reached for his phone but he was too fast for her. “Okay please, I just want to know”

He thought about it, for two seconds before spilling his guts to his sister. He finished, waiting to be judged but got the opposite “OMG! Oppa that’s great, wow she seems interesting. Wait, what if I know her. Can I find her for you”? This was the reason he loved his sister; she was the best listener.

“No, she doesn’t want to be found and I’m okay with that”

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

You do know that I could get in trouble for that right?

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

Yeah, that’s why I erased the scribbles from pride and prejudice. Plus, I don’t want anyone else reading it.

 

“I GOT IT”!!! Hye mi yelled scaring him a little “We could just ask the librarian to tell us her ID number and then we’d look for her”

“Promise me you wouldn’t” If Youngie didn’t want to be found; he wasn’t going to find her. “Seriously Hye Mi, don’t make me regret telling you”

“Fine. This ” she said drily, promises were the one thing she took seriously.

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

Genius :P Could I ask for a favor? Just once I promise.

 

Seunghyun left for the bathroom, right before the person texted again. She didn’t want to pry but she did anyway; she dialed the number briefly on her phone, and sadly it was no one she knew so she saved the number on her phone as ‘mystery’.

“Oppa I’ll leave you with your phone girlfriend.” She told her brother as he got out the bathroom before dashing out quickly before he found out what she’d done. Seunghyun was nice but his sour moods were not to be taken lightly.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

I am not sending you nudes! Haha jk. Sure ask away.

 

It was a bold move but, if she didn’t find it funny, then she wasn’t as cool as she seemed.

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

Haha, okay I wasn’t expecting that. But eww.

Okay, here goes… In school on Monday, stop all the bullying you see going on around you if you can, just to see how it feels.

You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

Okay… what do I get in return? ;)

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

I am not sending you nudes keke

 

She really was amazing, just a second ago he was scared that she might not be okay with the joke and here she was making the same one.

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

JK. If you do it I’ll leave a cd in the library for you. Remember the lyrics you found? Well I made into a song a while back, its not great though.

Before school ends tomorrow, I’ll tell you the call number where I left it in the library.

 

Seunghyun>>>Youngie

Fine! But how would you know if I really did it?

 

Youngie>>>Seunghyun

I don’t know, you just don’t seem like the type that’ would lie.

 

Monday

 

It was only lunchtime and he’d stopped Seungri from taking the lunch money from three students, stopped Daesung and Taeyang from shoving some students into lockers, and it was overwhelming how good it felt.

“Hyung what’s with you today. You’re not being yourself”! Seungri complained as they gathered around their usual table.

“Doesn’t doing all these things get old”? He asked sincerely as they looked at him like he was going insane.

On the other side of the refectory was Jiyong, sitting by himself, playing with his food and smiling. Daesung was so close to shoving him in a locker when Seunghyun stopped him, pulling him away. He would have given himself away if Seunghyun had been paying any attention to him

“So I’ve been thinking” A wild Hye Mi sat beside him with her lunch. “You were a little rude to me the other day but I forgive you”

“Hye….”

“Its okay you don’t have to apologize” She cut him off before taking a sip of her orange juice.

“I wasn’t going to” Her actions were confusing; the Choi’s really had that effect on people.

“Okay, you had a point. But in my defense, I learned from someone really dear to me not to into other people’s business”

Like brother like sister’

“Anyways Ji… I really love your outfits, like seriously, how did you get Givenchy’s 2013 summer collection? Its not even in Korea yet”

“How did you…” Words could not describe how taken aback he was, the girls in school usually claimed they were into fashion but none of them actually knew what they were wearing.

“Give me a little credit… except from me, you’re hands down the best dressed person in this school”

“Says the person who once wore a blue long sleeved denim jacket on jean Capri, with wedges and a blue monostrap to school once” Nothing ever got him talking like a bad fashion statement.

“Okay, I was in a hurry that day” She shot back, that was one day she was desperately trying to forget.

“No excuse” Jiyong said curtly before rising up to leave.

“So are you like too cool for school food, coz there’s no way you’re on a diet” Hye Mi was right behind him and he would be lying if he said he didn’t like her, it felt nice talking to someone at school for once. He never thought making a friend could be so gratifying.

“Seriously Hye Mi, what do you want”?

“This is why I never tried speaking to you before, you’re re really scary,” He almost laughed; she was the scary one.

“That’s ridiculous”

“Really? Then let’s go to the mall together after school” she blurted out. Making friends had never been so hard but the boy standing before her was hard to please. They bickered back and forth before he finally agreed, right before she was about to get on her knees in the middle of the hallway. “Awesome, so give me your number, and I’ll wait for you when school is over”

His heart was racing with excitement but he decided not to show it. He didn’t want to scare her off. He gave her the number just before the bell rang, and she dialed the number, only to have the name ‘Mystery’ flash across her phone screen.

“I just saved your number, I guess I’ll see you later” Jiyong said before running to his class, leaving Hye Mi in shock. It was impossible for Jiyong and Seunghyun’s text buddy to be the same person, she wasn’t sure whether to be happy or sad for them, but one thing she was going to do was, to stay out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thanks so much for reading my story guys 

P.S Did anyone see the Michi Go MV? I dont know how to feel about gd and i having the same hairdo. :( Hope you guys liked it :)