Forget me not

Lost and Found

 

I am so sorry for the late update guys. But hey, i fnished my semester with a 3.95 GPA :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jiyong was greeted with a blur as soon as he opened his eyes. The light in the room was dim but he it still seemed too bright for him. His entire body felt numb, and his throat was dry. He also tried speaking but no words came out and he’d never felt weaker. He was about to close his eyes when he felt something move beside him, he turned his neck to see Seunghyun, one of the most popular boys in his high school laying beside him.

‘But I went to the light… Wait… I died’? ‘But I want to live’ Tears were threatening before sleep enveloped.

 

It was 6am when Hye Mi walked into the hospital; she was worried for her brother’s health, she definitely wanted him punished for what he did to Jiyong but he was already doing it himself, and more.

“Seunghyun” She shook her brother gently the minute she got into the room. “Seunghyun wake up, you have to go home” she shook him harder.

“Uhmm”

“Wake up” she said to him when he finally rose up “you look horrible oppa…”

“Noona”? She stiffened when she saw Jiyong’s lips move. Seunghyun heard it too; he rose up from the bed as quickly as possible.

“JIYONG”!!!!! Hye Mi ran to Jiyong, showering him with hugs and kisses. “You’re awake…eww your breath stinks”

“Uhmm…I’ll go get the doctor” Seunghyun said before sprinting out the room before anyone Hye Mi could stop him. Now that Jiyong was awake, he wasn’t sure what his next action was going to be.

“Seunghyun”! Dami yelled as Seunghyun bumped into her in the hallway. “Where…”

“Ji…. Jiyong is awake, he..” Dami ran in the room before he could finish his statement

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

“That’s normal, he’s been unconscious for several days. Just gave him a couple of hours” The doctor said in response to Jiyong not being able to move. Everyone was present in the room with Jiyong, his mother, Jiyong, Dami, Seunghyun, Seungri, Taeyang, Daesung.

“Why are the people from school here”? Jiyong asked, his throat was still a little dry but speaking wasn’t as challenging as it was before.

“Jiyong…”

“Do you not remember them”? The doctor asked calmly, his eyes fixed on Jiyong.

“I know they go to my school. Am I supposed to know them”? He thought he died when he saw Seunghyun sleeping beside him earlier, it was almost like he didn’t know Seunghyun, but when he woke up again after his nap, all the memory kept flooding back, along with the pain and the hurt.

“Jiyong” Dami moved closer to her brother “It’s Hye Mi. You two are friends”

Jiyong laughed a little “Stop joking noona”

“Jiyong…” Hye Mi called out confused.

“What’s happening”? Dami looked at the doctor hopefully.

“It’s normal with coma patients, they tend to have temporary memory loss. Also, some trauma patients tend to have memory loss but I will run some tests to make sure everything is fine” The doctor said shortly before leaving.

The room was tense the minute the doctor stepped out. “You guys should leave for a while,” Dami said to the four confused boys.

“Noona, I…” Seungri was adamant.

“He’s too tired right now, I’ll call you guys later” Dami pushed them out the room “Not you Hye Mi, I need your help”

The boys were finally out the door before Dami finally turned to her brother “Now you can stop lying Jiyong, they’re gone” She said sternly.

Jiyong looked away “I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Oh come off it, you did that lip pout when you said you didn’t remember them. You only do that when you’re telling a lie”! She could see tears forming in Jiyong’s eyes. “My baby” She ran to him and pulled him in a hug.

“Noona it hurts, I don’t want to see him… why is he here” he finally let himself break down. He could deny remembering Seunghyun all he wanted, but there was no denying the pain in his chest.

“Jiyong” Dami pulled away “I don’t care how much anyone hurts you, you cant do that ever again. You can’t cut…”

“I promise I wouldn’t, for the first time I woke up regretting it” he said truthfully “I will talk to someone this time, I promise but I want to forget him please”

“You still have to talk to him Jiyong ah…. And the rest of them”

“Noona please” Hot tears poured as he spoke.

“YAH”! Hye Mi finally yelled “So you were never gonna talk to me ever again”? She walked over to his bed..

“I didn’t think it through” Jiyong said stretching her arms to Hye Mi. There was so much he wanted to say to her, he wanted to thank her for everything. “I’m so sorry”

“Don’t be… but you’ll be if you ever do it again” Hye Mi cried more. “Don’t you know I love you, selfish brat” Hye Mi shoved him aside.

 

 

 Jiyong was discharged from the hospital and kept up with his promise to talk to a shrink, and he’d never felt better. He also managed to avoid Seunghyun and his friends on the basis on amnesia; they still showed up to his house to ask for forgiveness everyday and he actually forgave them but he still decided not to let them know he remembered everything.

“Are you sure you’re ready to go back to school tomorrow”? Hye Mi asked sadly; it’d been a week since Jiyong got out of the hospital, and while the doctors said it was okay for him return to school, she was a little scared.

“Yes why wouldn’t I be”?

“What about Seunghyun”? She asked expectantly. He smiled and looked away but she could still see the pain behind his eyes. “Jiyong you have to talk to him,” She pleaded; Seunghyun had turned in to a zombie in the past two weeks. When he wasn’t sleeping, he was looking through his phone in hopes of seeing a message from Jiyong.

“I can’t” Jiyong said shortly.

“You can lie to yourself all you want but you’re not fooling anyone. I’ve heard you cry while clinging to your phone at night” Hye Mi was hurt for them both, and there was nothing she could do. It was something they had to do for themselves.

“He told me I was dead to him” Jiyong said with his eyes never leaving his laptop. Seunghyun had gone to see him several time but he could never find the courage to look him in the eyes, he didn’t trust what he would do. What made it worse was his inability to control his heart whenever Seunghyun stopped by, he wasn’t sure how long he could go on pretending but he knew he needed to. He wasn’t sure if he could handle an official rejection from Seunghyun.  “I can’t face him Hye Mi ah”

“Do you still have feelings for him”? Hye Mi asked.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“GET OUT SEUNGRI”!!!

Hye Mi was in her room preparing an overnight bag for her stay at Jiyong’s when Seunghyun’s loud voice startled her. She snuck down the stairs and hid by a corner so she wouldn’t be seen.

“Please hyung. I’m really sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking” Seungri was on standing by the door while Seunghyun was also standing but with his back to Seungri. She knew things were stiff between Seunghyun and his friends but she never knew how bad it was.

“Yes you weren’t”

“Hyung I was so jealous… I texted him not knowing that he cuts himself” Seungri was crying.

“It doesn’t matter if he did or not. You humiliated him, and then you impersonated me. He may not remember, and although he spoke to the school to let us back, it doesn’t change anything. We still almost took a persons life” Seunghyun’s emotionless voice scared her. Seungri was crying his heart out while he stood there expressionless.

“I know hyung. I’m making amends; I’ll tell Jiyong I sent the message. I know you’re in love with him…. I promise….”

“DON’T”! Seunghyun turned to face Seungri “Don’t tell him anything, even if he remembers”

“But hyung…”

“I’m sorry I blamed you” Seunghyun finally walked up to where Seungri was standing “I turned my back on him when he needed me so I actually told him he was dead to me also” They shared a brief hug.

“But hyung he needs to know that you didn’t send that message”

Seunghyun declined the offer again, and Seungri finally left not long after, making Hye Mi walk out of hiding. “Oppa what was that all about”? She asked and he told her everything, from Seungri liking Jiyong to the text message Seungri sent but made her promise not to tell Jiyong.

 

PRESENT

 

“No I don’t” Jiyong lied. “I don’t have feelings for him” It even hurt as he said it.

“Jiyong..”

“I’m done talking about it Hye Mi. I need to finish updating my notes”

 

MONDAY

 

Jiyong walked into school not sure how he would be received and was genuinely shocked when everyone asked him if he was okay, and apologized. Their eyes weren’t filled with pity but with genuine happiness and it made him feel good. His locker was stuffed with letters and cards addressed to him.

“You’re like so famous now”! Hye Mi squealed as she helped him stuff some of the cards into her bad.

“It’s a bit weird”

“Not really, it turned out that everyone was against bullying. No one spoke up, so now we have a bully free school”

“Sure… lets just hope it lasts long,” Jiyong said just before the bell went off for class to begin.

“Trust me it will” Hye mi said proudly “Wanna walk to class together”?

There was only one place Jiyong wanted to be, and that was the only time he could go there. “No I need to stop somewhere first. I’ll see you later” He said before making his way to the library. It was the place it all started; he took the stairs to the 2nd floor, to the shelf where both he and Seunghyun frequently exchanged items. He let his finger trace the shelf that he was once obsessed with.

“You remember” Seunghyun’s voice resonated from behind him but he didn’t turn around.

Seunghyun wasn’t expecting Jiyong to be in the library. For the entire week since he’d been allowed back to school, he’d been spending all his time in the library. The library was the only thing that made him feel alive; his friends felt like strangers, sports he once lived for seemed boring to him and he was close to getting kicked off the football team.

“I have to go to class” Jiyong said in his attempt to walk away.

“Jiyong” Seunghyun said making Jiyong stop in his tracks. The name Jiyong sounded so sweet coming from him. “Jiyong”

“What do you want from me? I already forgave all of you” Jiyong turned to face him now “Please” he put his palms together “Just leave me alone”

“So you lied to me”? Seunghyun knew he had no right to be angry but he was, he’d been battling his emotions in the past week while Jiyong seemed fine, almost as if everything was a joke while his own world was crumbling.

“I’m supposed to be dead to you remember? So technically I didn’t lie”

“But…” Seunghyun was losing Jiyong; he could feel it.

“I am so sorry I deceived so lets just move on and … forget…” Jiyong was taking small steps backward but Seunghyun took his arm.

“Can you really forget”? Seunghyun asked pulling Jiyong closer to him. “Can you really forget this place”?

Jiyong allowed himself be pulled in by Seunghyun “This library, our conversations…”

“Seunghyun stop” Jiyong said in barely a whisper. “Please” Jiyong let out before Seunghyun crashed his lips onto the other boy, giving in to all the emotions he couldn’t control any longer. Jiyong’s head was spinning; Seunghyun was kissing him and his body was responding.

“Uhmmm” Seunghyun moaned before pulling Jiyong closer to him. Jiyong was having more effect oh than he originally thought.

“Stop” Jiyong pushed Seunghyun aside; there were tears in his eyes “No… You weren’t there for me when I needed you… you walked away from me… you didn’t protect me” Jiyong was crying harder.

“Jiyong…I…”

“Please just stay away from me” Jiyong said before running away.