Jin Ae.

If You Could See Me Now.

The fact that scared me was... 

Kevin sunbae was taking me out on a date. A lunch date. Something I hadn"t suspect. But....

I was resting my hand on my neck, staring out on the street as cars and people walked on by. Staring at couples were giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside and the fact that my head was spinning when I keep thinking Kevin is inside and he is the ONE who took me out for lunch. 

But when I think of Kevin, I think of Dongho. 

Dongho....Dongho....Dongho. 

Why was he in my head all the time? I tried to push away the thought but somehow everything just brings it back to him. At times, sitting out here alone while waiting on someone, I see him at the corner of my eye. I would turn and stare but it would turned out to be someone else. 

Now, I'm confused. 

I let out another sigh and continued staring out. There is nothing in the world that means so much to me than the brother I had. Hoon.  I sighed and tried to look away. Just then, my phone rang and I looked at the contact picture that was flashing on the screen. A picture of Hoon and me. I smiled, mindlessly and answered it. 

"Yeobosayo?"

I could picture Hoon smiling over the phone. "Where are you?" He sounded suspicious and I started pondering. 

"Out. Lunch. Wae?" I asked, checking my watch mindlessly and staring into the restaurant. Kevin was choosing the food, smiling and  nodding his head to the girl behind the counter. 

He cleared his throat, "With?" 

I suddenly remembered the boys issue. Hoon always had issues with guys going out with me. He would specifically pick a guy for me to date if he would go to that extreme... but... 

I bit my lip and tapped my fingers on the table. I was hoping for a miracle to save me but... 

"Who are you talking to?" Kevin came by, with the meals on the tray. He smiled and cocked his head to the side, staring at me with those look I knew too well. 

Before I could answer, I heard Hoon said something over the phone. "Pass. The. Phone. To. Kevin. Now." 

I mouthed Hoon's name to Kevin and Kevin pouted his lips and put the tray down. He shot his hand out, obviously wanting to talk to Hoon. I passed the phone and Kevin took a deep breath before he answered. 

"Hoon..." Kevin began but his voice trembled a little. I hope Hoon was not able to catch it. 

I watched Kevin's facial expressions as he sat down on the opposite chair and served me my lunch. Apparently it was a 6-inch sandwich, a salad bowl and some juice. He ordered the same thing for himself too. He was smiling and joking over the phone and I thought things were going fine. I secretly prayed that Hoon would allow me to go out with s, let alone Kevin. If not then....

My thoughts flew to Dongho once more. 

What if instead of Kevin here....it was Dongho? 

Dongho holding my hand....Dongho smiling at me....Dongho asking me out...... 

Dongho Dongho Dongho..... 

Oh God, help me. 

Kevin was waving his hand over my face when I finally snapped out of it. I blinked and sat straighter. "N-n-neh?" 

He handed back my phone. I was about to take it away when he snatched it back and put it out again for me to take. I smiled and stared at him. "Yah.... hand over my phone, Kevin sunbae." I said, fighting a fit of giggles bubbling in me. 

He shook his head and smiled. He leaned over closer, oblivious to the stares and looks of passer-bys who knew him. I sighed and rested my chin on my hand. We were staring each other down now, with my phone still in his hand. I cleared my throat and said it more politely this time. "Kevin sunbae....please?" 

He smiled a little wider and did the flirtatious thing with his eyes. Suddenly my heart leaped and I felt it crawling up my throat. I bit my lips and stared at him. Oh, God.... I'm falling for Kevin too, I thought and I bit my tongue too hard that I tasted copper and rust in my throat. 

Kevin on the other hand, was having fun. He leaned in further, and smiled wider. He made sure my eyes were stuck onto his before he said, "Call me Kevin.... oppa. Not sunbae." 

Oppa? I thought, but that means.... I knew what it means, but I could not bring myself to say it. I treated anyone older as my sunbae. I only called Hoon oppa, because well, he is my Oppa. 

I gulped and blurted out, "Oppa?"

Kevin smiled and winked at me. "Once more... thats too soft." He reached over and I felt his fingers brushing on my face as he pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. I could feel the heat rushing up from my heart to my neck and then to my face. 

"Go on...." Kevin urged, his brown eyes burining in mine. 

"Umm...umm...." I hesitated. I was not ready but...

I heard footsteps and someone stood in between the both of us by the table. I blinked and looked up, the same time that Kevin did. 

Dongho was standing there, fuming and a huge frown on his face. I grabbed my bag and stared at him. "Dong...ho?" 

He looked at me then at Kevin. I saw the stare he gave to Kevin before he snatched my phone away. I was staring at Kevin's face with shocked and surprised. Kevin was shocked and dumbfounded. He have yet to say anything when Dongho grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the restaurant. 

I stumbled and tried to keep pace with Dongho's angry footsteps as he stormed out. I stared at Kevin, who was standing and blinking in shock at what just happened. He saw us disappeared around the corner. I thought Dongho was going to go on walking, until he came to an abrupt stop, making me crashed, face first, into his back. 

He whirled around and stared at me. His features soften when he saw me cringed and wiped my forehead in agony. Dongho was somehow building muscles at his back too. He reached up, took away my hand and replaced it with his. He massaged it gently, his features apologetic and caring. 

I pushed his hand away. As I did that, he caught my hand and slid his hand into mine, finger through finger. I blushed now, my face glowing tomato red. It was funny how I wished this moment would happened just a few moments ago. I was still staring at our hands, but Dongho was staring at me. 

I looked up and found his brown eyes in mine once more, making my heart skip beats and leaping in the air. My stomach churned from the thousands of butterflies swarming in my stomach. He smiled, pushing my fringe back and wiping the sweat on my face. I blinked and stared at him like an idiot. 

"Ka jiang.." He simply said, pulling me closer and giving a little squeezed to our hands. 

"Where....to?" I muttered, feeling conscious that I was going somewhere with Dongho.... I gulped anxiously and tried to breathe in and out. 

He let out a cute laughter and pulled me closer. Our arms touched and I blushed even more. He looked at me adoringly and smiled. "Someone sent me to get you." 

I was still in my own world, thinking about Dongho and I when the words slowly processed into my head. Someone? Who could that someone be? "Someone?" I echoed his sentence, and stared at him confusingly. 

He let out a small laugh and smiled wider. I could see him blushing under that pale chubby cheeks. He nodded and put an arm around me, hugging me closer. "Hoon. Aka, your Oppa."