He Will Be Loved

Sing For Me One Last Time...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

No Pov 


 Minseok stayed held up in his hospital room for days. Only moving from his bed to shower and change. His mom brought him food and he would just go back to silence. He would listen to the hundreds of so his boyfriend put on the iPod he bought. 

 Jongdae was going through a similar period. He would go by the hospital for Minseok. He would sit outside his hospital room and sing to him. Only entering to bring him his new clothes. He would stay for a few hours before retreating back to his home. His parents grew more and more worried. He hadn't told them about Minseok's condition. He's still trying to come to realization himself. 

 The first person who worked their way into Jongdae's heart…has lung cancer…cancer that has come back stronger then before.

 When Jongdae was a child, he didn't really talk to anyone. Only his family and his teachers. He didn't really talk to many people. He only had a crush one other time in his life and it didn't work out well. When he confessed, the girl told their class that he had been stalking her and calling her phone nonstop. The class thought it would be funny to and humiliate him with it.

 Jongdae transferred after one of their class pranks went horribly wrong. They never counted on Jongdae actually fighting back. This incident left 4 boys in the hospital and Jongdae in handcuffs.

 Jongdae's mom was a friend of the cop that took him in. She got him to drive Jongdae home and she would go to the school and talk to the principle about the incident.

 The principle damn near blamed Jongdae for the whole incident. Mrs. Kim wasn't having any of that. She filed a lawsuit against the school and the boys who started the incident. 

 The family was rewarded $80,000 from the school district and the children's families all together. The principle later on resigned and the students kicked out. 

 The family moved to Seoul which made it much easier for Jongdae's father to get to work and get his sons into school. After all this, Jongdae stopped talking to people at school all together.

 It hurts him more and more everyday when he thinks about not being able to tell Minseok just how special he is to him. They aren't really speaking right now…maybe it's time to change that.

 Today, Jongdae went to the store and bought Minseok a nice bouquet of roses and banana milk. He rushed over to the hospital on his bike he dug out from the shed.

 When he got there he locked his bike up and rushed inside. As he was walking down the hall to Minseok's room he bumped into doctor Choi. 

 "Oh Jongdae, hello. You seem to be in a hurry." He nodded my head. Doctor Choi smiled when he saw the flowers.

 "Well we just gave Minseok his new medication. He's knocked out cold right now. We don't think he'll be awake for a few hours. I can put the flowers in his room for you. So when he wakes up I'll let you know so you can see him. I just don't want him to get worked up on his new meds. He can get really sick." He nodded slowly. He handed him the flowers and sat down in the waiting area.

 An hour passed and hewas just siting there waiting for…anything really. Clicking his heels together, tapping his fingers on the chair. Anything to make time pass.

 2 hours passed and Jongdae was walking around the waiting area. He saw families leaving and coming in…it was making him miss Minseok even more.

 3 hours passed and he was sitting down listening to music on his iPod. Just sitting…

 4 hours passed…he was staring at the wall…

 Right when he was dozing off, someone tapped his shoulder. 

 "He just woke up. He's a little out of it but he'll be ok. We needed him to sleep the medicine off. Since it's early it shouldn't affect his sleep tonight. I told him someone was waiting for him. He doesn't mind. Would you like to go in now?" I grabbed my book bag and walked towards his room. I peeked through the window. He was laying in bed with his eyes closed. He had one head phone in his ear. Doctor Choi opened the door.

 "Minseok?" He opened his eyes slowly. He looked so drowsy. I stepped in slowly. Doctor Choi closed the door behind me. I slowly walked closer to him and noticed his deep eye bags. He looked really tired and sick.

 "This is my favorite book. Mom bought me 4 copies of it. I was so angry at her for not realizing but I really love it." He pulled his head phones out and layed the iPod on the table. 

 "Which book?"

 "Of Mice and Men. Lenny was always my favorite." I smiled.

 "I don't really have a favorite book. I guess u would say Holes is one of my favorites. It's one of the only ones I have read." He nodded.

 Jongdae sat down on the edge of his bed. They didn't make eye contact with each other. Jongdae leaned over to kiss him, touching his cheek lightly.

 "I threw up before." Quickly changing his direction, Jongdae kissed Minseoks forehead. Making him chuckle. 

 Jongdae sat in Minseok's room with him all day. Not many words were exchanged. Just looks and small gestures. 

 Jongdae was no phycologist but he could tell Minseok was keeping his distance. He knew what the other boy was trying to do and he didn't like it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter