Minseok

Sing For Me One Last Time...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 19

Jongdae Pov


 "I'm so sorry Ms. Kim…it appears we might have missed something in your sons testing."

 "W-what do you mean? Missed what?"

 "You see this here? This shadow in Minseok's left lung? We believe the cancer could be back and if it is, based on the test…it could be spreading to stage 3 lung cancer unless we go at it head on now. We can start treatment but to be honest…it's more costly then before."

 "How much?"

 "The treatment and the recovery center together is about $9,500. If treatment takes longer then 5 months then cost together will be about 10,000. We have payment plans for you to look at." 

 All I could hear was Minseok's mom break down in tears inside the office. My knees grew weak, I slid down to the floor and cried into my hands. This can't be happening…no this just a bad dream. 

 I balled up my fists and slammed them into the floor.

 Why did this have to happen?! Why?! Not to someone like Minseok. Of all these disgusting and horrible people on this earth, why did it have to be someone so beautiful and full of life?
 
 God what were you thinking?

 I picked myself up from the floor before Ms. Kim could see me. I ran down the hall and down the stairs. I made it finally to the empty garden and sat down on one of the stone benches.

 I can't remember the last time I cried so much. I could hear someone calling my name but I couldn't tell who it was. It was familiar but much lighter. Is that Minseok? 

 "Baby…Jongdae, are you ok?" He shook my shoulder with little strength. I lifted my head to see my cute steamed bun in front of me. He looked exhausted. Like he hasn't slept or eaten. I wiped my eyes and smiled.

 "I'm ok baby don't worry. You look exhausted. Let's get you inside." 

 "No I'm just hungry. A little tired but mostly hungry. I'm ok. Why are you crying? What's wrong?" I stood and wheeled him inside, casually ignoring his questions.

 "Let's get you some food." Just as we entered, his mom was exiting to get us.

 "Oh here you two are…we need you guys upstairs. Come." 

 As we made our way upstairs, I could see his mom shaking. She was trying to keep her composure. 

 We entered Doctor Choi's office, he smiled sadly and closed the door behind us.

 "Minseok. The results of your tests are in…" Doctor Choi looked around at us. Minseok's mother stood up and tapped my shoulder. She looked over at the door. I stood up from my chair and gently kissed Minseok's cheek. He looked confused but we stepped out. I looked back at him before I closed the door. He waved at me and I blew a kiss. 

 I could hear mumbling through the other end of the door. Minseok's mother had her back facing me as she leaned her head against the wall. Muf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter