Chapter 1

The Singer, the Dancer, and the Jerk

LEE. TAEMIN!” Eunmi yelled furiously, storming out of her room at 10:30.  She banged her fist against his bedroom door.

When he didn’t open the door, Eunmi went in anyways.

“LEE TAEMIN!” she kicked his bed and threw his blanket off the bed.

“What is it?!” he woke up and asked in an annoyed manner. He picked his blanket off the floor and wrapped it around himself.

“THIS!” Eunmi shoved her toothbrush in his face. It was tied to her shirt, which was tied to her pants, which was tied to a pencil, which was tied to a billion other stupid things!

Taemin smiled, “That is a much more convenient way of organizing things.”

She pushed him off of his bed, “UGH!” Eunmi left his room and went to the bathroom she shared with her little stepsister, Taeyeon.

“YAH! YOU RUINED MY SLEEP!” Taemin yelled.

“And you ruined my life!” Eunmi shot back. Aissshhh, so annoying!

When Eunmi got out of the bathroom, she went downstairs to find breakfast in the kitchen. Hyunki, her stepdad, had probably gone to the restaurant he owned. And her mother was at the hospital, she was a nurse.

Eunmi didn’t want to eat alone so she went upstairs to wake one of her siblings up. She definitely didn’t want to eat with Taemin, so she headed to her biological brother’s room.

“Jongin, are you awake?” Eunmi asked, entering his room. Everyone had their own room in Hyunki’s 5-bedroom house. Taeyeon and Eunmi shared a bathroom, Taemin and Jongin did, and the parents had one to themselves. Since Hyunki’s restaurant was 10 minutes away from his house, Eunmi, Jongin, and her mother had to move in with them after the wedding. It had been a big change, but everyone had adjusted well.

 Jongin wasn’t awake, he was fast asleep. Eunmi decided not to wake him because he had returned home from the dance studio late. Jongin had found an amazing dance studio where he could dance and would spend a lot of his time there. Jongin and Taemin both loved to dance, and they would dance together a lot. Eunmi, on the other hand, loved to sing. Her new vocal teacher, Ms. Park, was amazing and Eunmi loved working with her.

“Taeyeon-ah.” She entered Taeyeon’s room, but it was empty so Eunmi guessed that she was already in the bathroom.

Eunmi went back downstairs and turned the TV on to watch whatever was on. Re-runs of ‘School 2013’ was on the first channel she turned to so she decided to watch that.

Wahhh, I love Lee Jong Suk!” she thought excitedly.

“Unnie! Let’s eat together!” Taeyeon bounded down the stairs and dragged Eunmi to the kitchen.

“Huh? Okay.” Eunmi snapped out of her daydream. She warmed the eggs in the microwave and made toast.

“Unnie, I had a cool dream today.” Taeyeon beamed, swinging her legs on the chair.

“Really? What was it?” Eunmi asked, setting two plates on the table.

“Jongin oppa bought me a giant lollipop and it was as big as this house!” she exclaimed. “I couldn’t even finish it all, but it was so good! Do you think Jongin oppa will buy me a giant lollipop?”

Eunmi laughed, “I'm sure he would.”

Taeyeon smiled giddily as she quickly finished her breakfast and went upstairs to play with her dolls.

“Thanks a lot, I can’t fall asleep.” Taemin appeared and glared at Eunmi, sitting across from her.

“Serves you right for tying my stuff together!” Eunmi pointed her fork at him.

Taemin yawned and took a piece of her toast.

“Get your own!”

“Nahh, I’d rather take yours.” He grinned.

Eunmi rolled her eyes and went back to the living room to watch School 2013.

She excitedly watched Nam Soon’s expression when he saw Heung Soo for the first time in years.

“Ew, what’s wrong with your expression? You look constipated.” Taemin snorted, sitting on the couch with her, his own breakfast in hand.

“Shut up!” Eunmi threw a pillow at him.

“Yah! You almost made me drop my food!” Taemin yelled, Eunmi ignored him and the two of them ate their breakfast while watching. Well, Taemin was watching with a bored expression on his face and Eunmi was fangirling.

“Ahhh! Don’t you just love Lee Jong Suk?!” she fangirled by slapping Taemin’s legs a million times.

“Yah! Slap something else, woman!” Taemin swatted her hand away. “And no, I do not. But Boa? Definitely.” Taemin smiled dreamily.

“Oh, please. Like Boa would like a jerk like you.” Eunmi rolled her eyes.

“She loves her fans! I'm a fan, therefore, she loves me. Don’t you know basic math?” Taemin finished the last bite of his toast and got up. “And why does it take you forever to eat? Taeyeon finished before you and she’s done. I started after you, and I'm finished.”

“Shut up and let me watch.” Eunmi snapped.

“Whatever.” Taemin left to put his plate away. Then he disappeared to his room.

When the episode finished, Eunmi went upstairs to change. It was summer break, and Eunmi didn’t really have much to do, she could only watch dramas for so long.

 She had made a new friend though, her name was Sara and she lived across the street. She went to the school Eunmi would be going to, so she wasn’t all that worried about starting at her new school since she would have Jongin and Sara. She didn’t count Taemin because he would definitely not show her around.

Eunmi sighed as she changed her clothes, What to doooo

On a boring day like that day, Eunmi would have gone out with Sara to do something. But Sara was on a trip to Busan for a week to visit her cousin, so she couldn’t hang out with her.

“Jongin! Wake up! Let’s go to the studio!” Taemin called Jongin from his room.

Eunmi brightened and went to Taemin’s room, “You guys are going to the dance studio?”

“Yeah.”

“Can I go?” she asked excitedly.

“No.” Taemin said bluntly. “Don’t you have opera lessons to go to?”

“It’s not opera. I don’t do opera, you dodo. And why can’t I go?!” she crossed her arms.

“Who’s going to take care of Taeyeon?” Taemin inquired, grabbing his jacket.

Eunmi’s shoulders deflated, “Oh yeah.”

Taemin patted her head as he walked out, “Just stay at home and act like a loner, the way you usually do. Besides, we don’t want you there.”

“HEY!”

Taemin laughed and went downstairs.

Eunmi saw Jongin get out of his room, rubbing his eyes.

“Oppa!” Taeyeon immediately ran out of her room and hugged Jongin’s legs.

Jongin smiled and patted her back, “Moring, Yeon.”

“Oppa,” she looked up at him, “I had a dream you bought me a lollipop as big as our house! Will you really buy me one?”

Jongin chuckled, “I don’t know if it can be as big as this house, but I can buy you a pretty big one.”

“Yay! Jongin oppa is the best!” she hugged his legs again and went downstairs to tell Taemin.

“You should buy me one too.” Eunmi smiled cheekily.

“Are you a 7-year-old?” Jongin snorted. “Buy one yourself.” He disappeared into the bathroom.

Eunmi stuck her tongue out and went to her room to get her phone. Then she went downstairs and found Taeyeon watching cartoons. Eunmi sat down on the couch and played on her phone

“So, is the FatMuffin ready to go to school next week?” Taemin asked, lying down beside her and putting his feet on her lap.

“Why do you care?” Eunmi pushed his legs off.

“I don’t. I just want to know what kind of fool you’ll make out of yourself.” Taemin told her.

“For your information, I won’t!” Eunmi stood up and walked away, but tripped over Taemin’s legs.

“You sure about that?” Taemin raised an eyebrow as he walked past her.

“Jerk.” Eunmi muttered, getting up.

When Jongin came down for breakfast he ate and then he and Taemin left for the studio.

At home, Eunmi was beyond bored. She was lying down on her bed, thinking of what to do while Taeyeon was still watching TV.

Might as well use this Taemin-free time. Eunmi thought optimistically. When Taemin was home, he would never let Eunmi practice singing. He would join in with her and throw her off tune.

There was a big audition for the biggest singing competition in Seoul, and Eunmi was finally old enough to try out. First you had to audition, and the judges would choose 6 people to audition again for the finals. Out of the 6 people, the 4 that were the best would be able to compete in the finals.

She was beyond excited, and wanted her audition to be perfect. She really wanted to compete in the finals, it was one of her biggest dreams. The first auditions would be in November, then the second ones would be in February and the competition was in May.

Eunmi and Ms. Park still had to decide what song she would sing for the audition, but for now, Eunmi just did the exercises she was told to do.

Eunmi practiced for half an hour before got dry. She went downstairs for a drink of water.

“Unnie, you sound really good. Do you want to become an idol?” Taeyeon asked, turning the TV off.

Eunmi laughed and shook her head, “No, I just like singing. Becoming an idol would be too much pressure and attention.” Taeyeon followed her into the kitchen.

“Taemin oppa says that he already has so many fangirls, he doesn’t need anymore.” Taeyeon told her. “He said that he practically is an idol.”

“Yeah, he is.” Eunmi patted her head. “In his dreams.”

Taeyeon giggled as Eunmi drank a glass of water.

“Unnie! Let’s go to the park, pleaasseee?” Taeyeon asked, pouting.

Eunmi thought about it, “Okay, let’s go.” she wiped her lips and took Taeyeon upstairs to give her something else to wear.

“We have to be back before 4, that’s when umma will be home and we have to start the barbeque.” Eunmi said. The adults had promised to do a barbeque today since Taeyeon had been asking for a while.

“Okay!” Taeyeon giggled, holding Eunmi’s hands. Smiling, the two of them left for the park.

--

“Taemin, could you help me?” Eunmi asked, carrying a box of things up the stairs.

“Nope.” Taemin lazily sat on the couch and turned the TV on.

“Please! I can’t carry this!” Eunmi said, exasperated.

Taemin didn’t answer and Eunmi blew a raspberry. Jongin was out on a walk so he couldn’t help her. The parents and Taeyeon were outside, doing the barbeque.

Obviously, she tripped over the stairs and scraped her arm. She scowled as she carried the box into her mom and Hyunki’s room.

“Look at what happened because of you! My arm burns!” Eunmi said when she got downstairs. She stomped her feet in front of Taemin, showing him her scrape.

“Ew, gross.” Taemin made a face. “Move your disgusting arm. I'm trying to watch Boa.”

Eunmi glared at him, Insensitive jerk!

She went to the kitchen to get a paper towel to wipe the blood.

“See this?! I'm bleeding!” Eunmi sat down beside him, trying to put him through a guilt trip. “All cuz of you! Meanie!”

“Uhuh.” Taemin didn’t pay much attention as he happily watched Boa. Taemin wasn’t a person that could be guilt-tripped so easily.

“I can't believe you're related to Taeyeon.” Eunmi muttered.

“You mean, how is she related to me.” Taemin corrected. “I was born first.”

“Exactly! How is she an angel when she's lived with you for her whole life?” Eunmi wondered, getting up to grab a bandage.

“Where are the bandages?” Eunmi asked Taemin from the kitchen.

In the medicine cabinet, where else? Taemin rolled his eyes, “In the fridge!”

“Eh?” She tilted her head. “Why are they in the fridge?”

“Stupid girl.” Taemin muttered.

“Yah! Lee Taemin! Tell me where they are! I'm bleeding!” Eunmi shouted, poking her head into the living room.

“Don't care.” Taemin yawned and went upstairs.

Eunmi glared at him, Any other person would have asked if I was okay. Meanie!

Eventually, she found the bandages and put it over her bloody scrape.

She went to her room and looked for her paints. They were her favourite set, Eunmi loved to do abstract painting, and blending colours together. It was one of her favourite past-times, but she had to be in a certain mood to paint.

She opened her art drawer and looked for her paints. But they weren't there; she furrowed her eyebrows and left her room.

“Taemin! I want my paints!” She stormed in his room. “And I'm not kidding, give them to me right now or-”

She stopped mid-sentence when she got to his room. He was painting on his bed, with her paints.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” Eunmi screamed.

Taemin grinned and held up his messy painting, “Like it? I mixed the colours.”

Eunmi's mouth dropped open as she stared at the messy swirl of colours. Beside him, were her paints that were all messed up.

Her insides bubbled, “YAH! THOSE ARE MY FAVOURITE PAINTS! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY COST?! WHO TOLD YOU TO GO IN MY ROOM AND TOUCH MY STUFF?!”

He shrugged, “No one. Do you think this wonderful painting needs more purple?”

“UMMA!” Eunmi yelled. Ms. Kim, who was in the kitchen getting some stuff for the barbeque, went upstairs and into Taemin’s room.

“What's going on?” She asked, looking between the two.

“The FatMuffin doesn't know how to appreciate true art.” Taemin said innocently, pouting at Ms. Kim.

“No! He took my paints!” Eunmi said, pointing at him.

Ms. Kim looked at them, “I want no part in your arguments. Leave the rest of the family out.” She left and went back outside.

“Ugh! I hate you!” She snatched her ruined paints from him and left.

“Wait!” Taemin called.

Eunmi turned around, expecting him to apologize for ruining her precious paints.

“Can I add some more purple?” He asked, smirking.

“NO!” Eunmi glared at him before going into her room. She looked at her paints sadly, They're completely ruined! I hate you Lee Taemin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya!

Like the first chapter? It's kind of irrelevant but now you know Taemin and Eunmi don't get along :D

Comment&Subscribe

Good day~! :D

Or um, night. Heh