The Warmness Inside My Heart

If This Was a Movie

 

In Kim family’s house, Nichkhun makes his step to the living room after receive a call from Cherleen.

“Anything’s happen Khun?”
Hangkyung who sit on the couch said when Nichkhun takes a seat next to him.

”No, it was my sister asking for dinner”

“Oh, Otokkeyo? So you should leave now.. “ He said as he pat his shoulder. It’s not that Hangkyung obviously ask him to leave cause he dislike him to be in his house right know, but Hangkyung knows little bit about his family from Tiffany and 2PM members. As he know he rarely spend his time with his family cause beside his grandma and siblings settle in Thailand, his father always crazy busy with his work.  Since Cherleen and his Grandma will stay in Korea during Cherleen's holiday now he has chance to be together and spend his time with them, with heavy heart he has to do so.

“Wait.. you chase me away?” Nichkhun said in joke tone and show his ‘mad look’.

“No, I am very happy.. very.. very.. happy knowing that you’ll dinner with Qian and my family. But I think your family is missing you a lot, if you wanna spend your dinner with them it’s ok. I’ll talk to them.. “ Honestly Hangkyung sympathetic toward Nichkhun, lonely in this foreign country whereas him accompany by his beloved family. He really understand how is his feeling. Nichkhun only smile

“Thanks.. I am invited , aren’t I? I told them I’ll stay here, they said it’s fine. No need to worry gege.“

Nichkhun really greatful to be here, beside he wants to appreciate Aunty Yayin’s invitation, being around this family somehow makes his heart warm and full with peacefulness.

“Mwo? You just call me gege?” Hangkyung laugh as he heard Nichkhun addressed him as older brother although his pronounciation sounds little bit funny.

“Why?” He throw him a innocent look.

“Nothing.. “Hangkyung said as he try to hold his laugh. He is so cute when speaks chinese.

 

 

Nichkhun really impressed by the interaction between this family, the warmness he never felt before somehow could takes away all worries and coldness inside him. Now he realize how glad to be here, to be loved. He just know this family not long time ago, but they are very welcome and warm toward him. Seen from the way the offer him a food or drink, asking for his opinion about the topic they talking about and Mr Kim with his wife treat him like their own child. Until he doesnt realize he is smiling the whole time. After having a chitchat, now he is busy accompany Hangkyung and Mr Kim prepare the dinner table while Victoria and Aunty Yayin busy prepare the meals in the kitchen. As they prepare the table, Nichkhun absorbed into the man conversation with both father and son.

“How’s Thailand Khun? Hangkyung said you are from there?” Uncle Kim said as he put the plate on the table.

“Yeah.. Thailand is hotter than Korea.. “ He answer politely.

“So you must have a hard time since Seoul quite cold in the winter.. “

“Not at all because I used to live in USA before I came here.”

“Oh, I forget.. You were in the same school with Tiffany right before you both moved here?” Hangkyung add while wiping the plates with tissue. Nichkhun only nod.

“Tiffany?Your girl friend?”Mr Kim gives him a meaningful glance to Nichkhun.

“No, she just my friend.. not more or less.. “Nichkhun answer calmly as he arranges the spoons and forks.

“What a relief.. “ Aunty Yayin sudden appearance surprise them all.

“For what Mama?” Hangkyung ask teasingly.

“That’s relief knowing that Nichkhun is still single.. “ She said glance at Victoria who suddenly blushing and busying herself laid out the dishes.

“So then..?” Mr Kim who receive a signal from his wife join her cupid moment.

“Dinner is ready, shall we eat now?” Victoria try to break the awkwardness by takes a seat.

 

 

“Waaa..  Dumpling !!!” Hangkyung eyes widen look at dumpling and other dishes laid on the table.

“Hope you’ll like it Khun.. this is Chinese traditional food.” Aunty Yayin pointed the dishes.

“Sure I will.. xie xie..”

“Uh, you can speak Chinese?” Aunty Yayin ask in surprise hears Nichkhun suddenly speaks Chinese.

“He just call me gege before..”Hangkyung adds.

“My grandma come from Hainan.. “

“Ommona.. Khun oppa has a multinational family.” Victoria said cutely and all of them laugh watching her. She look at them one by one innocently with her bunny eyes which even makes them laugh louder. Aunty Yayin shook her head cause Victoria doesn’t realize that actually they laughing at her. Uncle Kim gives a sign to others stop laughing after saw Victoria sulky expression.

“Mama.. do you know that Nichkhun is Qian dance partner for school festival.. “

“Really ? Oh that’s good. So I can trusted to Nichkhun for look after my little princess.. “ Aunty Yayin said with joking tone which makes Victoria directly drop her head shyly.

“So you already find someone to replace me now Mama..?” Hangkyung join the joke to tease both Victoria and Nichkhun.

“That’s means you you didn’t look after me sincerely oppa? Huh.. anyway I am already 22 I am old enough to look after myself..” Nichkhun only smile looking at pout Victoria, she is very cute he though.

 

Next hour the three mans have their own time in the living room show their self defense skill. It started when Nichkhun told them that he used to learn Mua Thai when he was kid and of course Uncle Kim and Hangkyung who interested in Wushu beg him to show his talent. “Wow you have a deadly kick son.. !!” Uncle Kim praise him as he claps his hand. “I told you he can protect my dear Qian then..” Aunty Yayin appears with glasses of drink joining the men. “Where is Victoria?” Nichkhun ask because he didn’t see her in few minutes. “As usual she would take care of her roses at this hour.. “ Aunty pointed upstairs. “Lately she got her secret admire who always give her rose.. so she’ll spend her time to count and take care of those flowers at this time.. “ Hangkyung sigh “Secret admire ?” “ Yeah.. but I don’t know who and I don’t wanna know either.. anyway just let it be.. as long as Qian is happy” Hangkyung continue slurp his drink.

~

 

“Aunty, Uncle, gege.. Thanks for today!”Nichkhun said right after he reach the door. It almost 10 pm so he decide to bid a goodbye to Kim family. “No need to thanks, I also owe you for look after my Qian.. anyway where is Qian Yeobo? She doesn’t come out yet.. “ Uncle Kim looking around searching her figure. After dinner she excused herself upstairs for watering her flowers it has been 30 minutes she’s gone. “Qian is here Uncle..” Victoria rushing from the stairs watch Nichkhun stand near the door , means he will leave soon. “Watch your step Qiannie,, Nichkhun is still here anyway..” Hangkyung makes her automatically stepping slowly. “Cause she is here, I think I’ll leave now. Once again chongmal kamsaheyo..” “Take care on the way soon.. uh Qian just accompany him to the gate dear.. “

 

They walk slowly toward the gate, both walk with head dropped have no strength to look at eachother. “Thanks for coming oppa..” Victoria brave herself to look at him as he open the gate. “Uh, I enjoy tonight.. really.. “ He smile nervously playing with his watch. Previously he never feel this nervous being around girl, but why today with Victoria he feel really awkward don’t know what should he do nor what should he say. What kind of feeling is it? He though. “See you tomorrow !!” Victoria waves her hand as Nichkhun is few step to go from his car. “See you Qian.. “

 

“Uh.. you call me, Qian?” Victoria surprised hears him call her by her Chinese name. Nobody ever call her by that name beside her parent, aunty , uncle and Hangkyung. So hear someone else call her Qian sounds different. “Yeah.. Qian.. that’s your Chinese name right?” Nichkhun confirm that her ears is working. “Anjohayo?” Nichkhun ask again as he look her puzzle expression. “Ani.. Johayo! Just feel different cause nobody call me that before beside my family.. “ Victoria playing with the tip of her dress. “Be careful on the way.. “ She yells.

 

~

 

Most of the maids are dumbfounded watching their young master enter the Horvejkul mansion with a bright smile planted on his face. Someone seems need to mark the date today cause today their young master manage to greet them back which is not his usual for the cold icy young master. “Where is grandma ?”Nichkhun ask one of his maid. “ They are upstairs having a video call with Miss Yanin, Young Master..” Suddenly he remember that it’s been two months since the last time he talk to his sister Yanin who’s currently in Chicago now.

 

Open Cherleen’s room door, cheerfulness from two woman infront of the computer screen welcomes him. “Nin, Khun is here !”Cherleen said to Yanin after realize his presence , he takes step join them with smile still blossoms on his face. “Sawadeeka..” Yanin’s voice greet him as he takes a seat beside Cherleen. “Hello sist, how’s life there?” He said after greet her back. “I miss you.. why did you not contact me this 2 months? I though you already forget this sister of yours..” Yanin gives him a sad look. “As much as I miss you, even worse.. I really sorry cause I am pretty busy lately.” Despite his cold personality actually Nichkhun is a warm person especially for his two little sisters. He do feel guilty toward Yanin remember that she is by herself there in Chicago, being trapped with their father’s obsession put them into boarding school.

“How’s your day in school Nin?” Cherleen ask curiously. “I wanna go home.. “ Yanin said after few second of silent, which bring back the memories of his teenager’s life. He do understand his sister’s feeling for he also sent to the boarding school back then. In very young age, they should be parted with family and live alone in the foreign country while their friend still spoiled by loves and cares of family. Mr Buck is kind of parent who restraint his children, think that his decision is the best way to deliver his children to a successful life like him and education is the most important thing. The memories of 12 years old Nichkhun sent to one of famous boarding school in New Zealand playing in his mind. In a very young age, he had to be independent overseas without anyone else but himself lonely. At least Yanin is luckier than him, in Chicago there is Uncle Pop who will look after her.

 

“Be strong Nin, hold it for couple of months sist !” Cherleen cheer her sister up. “I hope you will not face the same fate like me and Khun, Leen.. “ Yanin let out a week laugh and suddenly send away her cheerfulness, replace with a scare on her face. Now she is only 15 years old in the last year of junior high school, so Mr Buck didn’t talk too much about send her to boarding school rather than let her stay in both Bangkok or Seoul. Will she face the same fate that Yanin talk about? Next year, when she able to enter senior high school does Mr Buck will do that? If he does, it’s means she has no chance to catch her dream to learn at Seoul Dance Academy, her passion for the rest of her life.

Mrs Suquan aware the change expression on her granddaughter’s face, hold Cherleen’s shoulder and kiss her cheek “Don’t worry, Anne is here with you.. “ she whispers. “Oh guys.. I am sorry now I have to continue my homework or else I will got punishment tomorrow.. Sawasdeeka.. “ Yanin ends the video call. “Annhe.. will dad drop me to boarding school too?” She look at Mrs Suquan will a helpless eyes. “He wont dear.. you’ll stay here with us.” Nichkhun join his grandma gives his little sister hug. “I am here.. I wont let it happen..” Nichkhun promise her, he failed to protect Yanin and now he wont let it happens to Cherleen.

 

~

 

Today is Sunday, the day that people in the town waiting for. Free from school and free from work , the day which created to relax and rest from our busy life for another six days before. In the sunny morning, Cherleen goes downstairs with a nice outfit like she want to goes somewhere, “Where are you going early in the morning?” Nichkhun asks when she sit beside him takes a glass of milk to wetting her dry throat. “Hmm.. Grandma is having a ‘long time no see’ moment with her old friend today so I called Victoria unni last night asked her to hang out today, she said yes and.. yups !! I am going to have great time today !!” She claps her hands together, feels excited just imagine it.

 “How about you brother ?” She takes a pieces of bread. “Me ? I will spend today in the Junsu’s yacht.” “Uh really? Boys only?” “Not at all, there is Tiffany and other member’s date probably.. “ He said chewing his bread. “Weird.. “ Cherleen gives him a disgusting look. “Why?” Nichkhun raise one of his thick eyebrow. “You introduced Victoria as your girl to dad, but you spend less time with her but another woman. Have ever you think dad will getting suspicious then?” Nichkhun thinks for second then nod, that’s true though how about if Mr Buck spies their relationship through his friends or someone else like he used to do in the past ? “Then what should I do?” Nichkhun ask for his sister’s idea. “When do you guys will go to the clubhouse ?” “Hmm.. in the evening I guess.. “ “Great !! Then let just join me and Victoria unni!!” Cherleen said as she pull his arm.

 

“Hii Unni.. !!!”  Victoria surprise seeing Cherleen and Nichkhun right after she open the door. “Huh,, Hiii..! let come inside..” She said awkwardly has no idea about their sudden visit this morning. “Where is everybody?” Nichkhun finally ask doesn’t see Aunty or Uncle who usually welcome him. “Aunty and oppa went to supermarket while uncle visit his friend..” Victoria answer him as she pour the orange juice to the mugs. “Thanks, I am sorry for not inform you that Khun will join us today unni..” “Mwo?” Victoria said in surprise. “Stay cool unni.. is it oke ?” “Uh.. yeah.. gwaencana..” What the hell is this kid do, she just called her lastnight beg her to accompany her buying some girl stuff since nobody is busy and now she just said that his brother Nichkhun will join them? why didnt she said it lastnight? Does she know how nervous is Victoria now? But what should she do? It just impossible to say no to this cute Cherleen.

 

Maybe it is the thousand times, they enter different boutique in Dongdaemun and Victoria's leg start to feels cramp. Nichkhun notice the change of her step, without warning grab her wrist. "What?" It's all she can say for she really surprise feel his cold hands on her skin. "Rest for a while, you look so tired." He said grab her bag from her grip and guide her to sit on the nearest bench ignoring Cherleen who doesnt realize that she is walking alone toward a boutique. "Cherleen.. " Victoria said to remind him about his little sister. "Just let her satisfied her shopping hunger.. " Nichkhun arrange their stuff under the bench. "Is it hurt ?" Nichkhun look at her with a worry eyes as she keep massage her leg. "Gwaencana.. " " Wait here.. I'll comeback in 10 minutes.. " Nichkhun said before left Victoria alone.

 

"What they think they are doing now? let me here by myself? Ommona.. it's very painful.. Why did I use this high hill today?" Victoria talk to herself. Later Nichkhun comes back with something, "what's that?" Victoria ask curiously watch Nichkhun slowly open the box. "Wow.. the shoes is very cute." She giggles look at a pair of ballerina shoes with a small ribbon, he must bring it for Tiffany she though. Her prediction is wrong at moment Nickhun bent down and remove her damn high hills. "Stay still.. " He whispers when she struggle, "See, It's looks nice on you." He lift up his face smiling at her.

 

 

 

Hay guys.. new chapter for you !!! I think this story getting boring ... :'(