Trust

The War of Hope

Pyongyang 1950

"Jongin?" Yoona trembled.

"God Yoona. You're not going to die! You can't leave me!" Jongin screamed as he embraced the frail girl

"Jongin take her back. She can make it."  Luhan was the one who interrupted. The younger boy was stunned. 

"Hyung." 

"I mean take her. Love her. By loyal to her." the Chinese General managed to say.

"But you still love her too. So why are you saying this to me?" 

"You care about her. She cares about you too. You can deceive me all you want but I know you love her. I still love her, but I can't depend my happiness on someone I've already lost. I know she wants the both of us to move on.  Now go." Luhan smiled. 

Jongin only nodded as he took Yoona's bloody body and sprinted full speed to the nearest army vehicle. Luhan watched from a distance as he  watched the the small figure visibly disappear down the road to Pyongyang. Then his smile immediately faded. He clenched both of his fists. 

I can't do this . He thought. 

 

***

 

Flashback  

"Noona!" a voice called out.

"Sehuna!"  Yoona giggled.

"Yoona noona! Lets go on an adventure!" the cheery boy begged.

Yoona loved everything about Sehun. He was a smart, happy and loveable boy. Just seeing him made her smile everyday. 

"Where to captain?" 

"Neverland!"

"Where's that?" 

"It's up there!" the little boy pointed to the sky. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky. It reminded her of the ocean. 

"Then what are we waiting for? Lead the way!" 

 A tear slid down Yoona's face. She wasn't in Neverland. She was back in Pyongyang. She was laying in a hospital bed. It felt a bit uncomfortable, and as she tried to steady herself, she felt excruciating pain numbing her head. She was forced back down. 

"Yoona are you awake?!" Jongin's voice jolted her back into reality. 

She turned her head to the left as she saw Jongin's sleepy eyes look directly into hers. Surprisingly, she smiled.

"I'm fine." Yoona began to continue until she saw Jongin' s right arm wrapped in a white bandage. 

"It's nothing. Luhan hyung was just a little frustrated at me." he sheepishly replied.

"This is all my fault." she touched his wound. He flinched in pain but kept a tight smile. Instead he hugged her.

"I'm just glad you're alive. The 38th parallel is a dangerous place. We're lucky the South didnt return any fire."

"You should go. I bet you have other things to do. Jongin- I'm- I'm just kind of tired, you know? I want to stop trying and not care for a few days. I'm tired of feeling like a failure, and the thing is, I know I'm a terrible person. And I'm trying to be better, to fix my mistakes, to take new chances. And I know it's not good enough. I'm sorry."  she quivered.

"I know how it feels. I know it hurts. It's not always easy but I know exactly how it feels like. Let your tears come. Let them drown your soul." Jongin comforted. 

"I don't want to feel this way anymore! It's ruining  everything for me and everyone else I care about! I feel so empty. But yet I feel so much pain. I just want to disappear." Yoona bawled.

"I want you to be happy. I want to see your smile again, I want to make you happy. I don't ever want to see you sad and cry. Yoona what should I

do?" he cracked. 

Yoona was touched. Jongin was always waiting for her. From the first day to this very moment, he was always watching her a far distance. He always cared about her. The realization hit her like a brick hitting against her temple. 

"You love me." she swaps speechless.

"I-I have to go." he was flustered.

"Jongin wait! Would you lie with me and just forget about the world?" 

"Please." she added.

Jongin cautiously made his way closer to her bed. It took all of Yoona's strength the produce enough space beside her, but it was worth it. He then awkwardly laid beside her. She smelt like roses. How strange. He thought.

"All the things you've done to me up until this point, was very brave of you. And I haven't repaid you back with the favour." Yoona blushed.

"You don't need to."

"I may have not fallen in love with you the first time we've met. But right now- I'm not sure. I think I'm falling in love with you Jongin. What should I do?" Yoona began to close the space between the two. 

"Let's forget all the reasons why it won't work and believe the one reason it will. I can't promise I'll solve all your problems, but I can't promise that you won't face them alone." Jongin boldly stated.

"How can I believe you? My heart has been broken before. How do I know it won't break again?"

"I promise you this. No matter who enters your life, I will love you more than any of them." he finished and kissed her.

 

***

 

Luhan was angry. He was out of words. 

Kris you bastard. He thought to himself. His closest friend- only friend, for some reason escaped. Luhan felt betrayed. Then he heard giggles and jolly laughter coming from the medical bunker. He tiptoed right up to the closed door and peeked out of the upper window. It was Yoona and Jongin. He felt his heart wrench. He remembered when she was his girl. He abruptly fell against the door. His vision became blurry. His tears turned into loud sobs. The memories. It broke him.

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter guys xD. Anyways I wanted to analyze some important factors in this fanfiction. By the the way, I got a 98% on that chem test I was studying for :D

Yoona has changed quite a bit hasn't she? In the early chapters her character was a little flat, but that was a major character turn in the recent chapters when she told Luhan off. She's a bipolar character. She's much more stronger than what I've portrayed her. She's  capable of so much more things. Her relationship with Luhan kind of drifted but it's still there. He still loves her but she doesn't. I mean she still loves him, but not to the point of where they were. She doesn't think of him like before. As for her and Jongin, you can see the chemistry between them. In the last chapter, Yoona forced herself to say she loved him, but in this one, you can see her realization of who  Jongin really is in her life. 

Luhan is honestly one of my favourite characters. He's in such a conflicting position. He loves her but he knows they're not meant to be. Then he has to worry about the war. He's struggling whether to forget or remember what Yoona and he had. It's king of tragic because he's trying so hard to let her go but at the same time he can't. So why did he freak out when he realized Kris escaped to the South? It has something to do with Yoona. 

Jongin has a heart made of pure gold. It actually made me tear up when I was writing the part when he confessed to Yoona. He knows Yoona didn't love him before, but she's slowly falling for him. The difference between Luhan and Jongin is Jongin would give up anything for Yoona, while Luhan doesn't. He's such a touching character. 

Lastly why did Kris agree to help Yoona escape which lead to a failure? Well first of all he had an attachment towards Yoona but its not love. He understands to part of her that Luhan or Jongin can't. He knows how much Yoona wants to go home. But there's another reason that involves Seohyun and inflitrating South Korea's war plans.

And as I was reading all of your comments, I got a lot of them that questioned the relationship between Seohyun and Yoona. They're best friends but there's a cruel plan behind all of this. You guys will be stunned in the next few chapters. And I would also like to thank for everyone who viewed my story and has subscribed. That makes me put on a smile every day:") please enjoy and continue to follow the updates for The War of Hope!