Love

The War of Hope

Pyongyang 1950 

"What the hell." were  the only words Jongin managed to blurt.

"Jongin..." Luhan whispered.

"You're playing a girl you've mentally and physically abused. You know how wrong that is?" Jongin screeched.

"I don't care what your reason is hyung. You think she'll forgive you for the horrible things you've done to her? Bull. She's playing the both of us. You're such a clever girl Im Yoona. You think you've got the both of us wrapped around your fingers. But it's only Luhan. I've been betrayed my whole life. From my family, my friends, my comrades and even my heart. I only have my country left. I believed people like me would never be loved. Trust, what is that? Love? I've never heard of it. I want to tell myself that all this , all these lies, my life, is a joke. It's a filthy god damn hopeless place we live in." Jongin screamed, as he knocked over a nearby ceramic vase. It did nothing but only leave an endless amount of blood on his hand as the scarlett liquid pooled onto the tile floor. 

He couldn't take it anymore. The pain. The sorrow. Happiness meant nothing to him anymore. He had enough. Before sobs and tears could be shown, he sprinted out of the bathroom to his private bunker. He cried his heart out.

 

***

 

"Jongin.." a voice echoed into the dark.

He looked up. It' was Yoona. She had dried her hair and she was wearing a creamy white dress, which ended above her mid thigh. Luhan must've given it to her.

"Go. I can't even  look at you." his voice cracked.

"I know I'm ugly on the inside Jongin. You can hate me. I don't mind. Because my life is only an act, like a perfect scripted play I can repeat again and again until I feel satisfied." she calmly stated.

"Didn't you hear me? I said get out." his patience was running out. 

"Then why don't you stop believing in hope?" she challenged.

He couldn't take it anymore. His love for her had vanished. In its place was hatred. He quickly pulled his gun out.

"Look a little closer Kim Jongin. I know you're the youngest son of Kim Il Sung. I don't care if we're sworn enemies. Just please listen to me." Yoona pleaded.

He was ready to shoot. He paced himself and roughly grabbed a handful of her beautiful hair as he pushed the gun into her temple. 

"You had me. You had me and threw me away!" Jongin yelled.

Before he pull the trigger something stopped him.

"You can shoot me." she mocked.

He let go of her hair. His was utterly speechless. This woman had risked her life to save his sanity. 

"Why did you do that?" he finally spoke as he regained his ruthless composure.

"Because I wanted you to know that you were wrong."

 

***

 

"Yoona shi!" Luhan yelled happily as he ran towards her.

Instead of repeating the warm smile Luhan gave, she only had her poker face on.

"You're pathetic Luhan." 

"What?" 

"Are you deaf? I said you're pathetic. Did you really think I would forgive you that easily? For all the pain and grief you've caused?  I couldn't care less if you're mi fiancée. You are aware they broke the engagement before the war started?" she smirked.

"You only changed your mind when you found out that I was your 'beloved' wife to be. You wanted me killed. Is that would you did with all my other fallen comrades?" she continued.

"You only lived because of your lies. You had an affair with Seohyun during the entire time we were engaged. When were you going to tell your prideful parents you've  gotten her pregnant? Then you broke her heart by pursuing me. But you know I don't love you. Or ever will." 

That hit Luhan hard. 

 

***

 

Jongin was barely awake as he listened to the important words his father spoke to his military generals. He never wanted anything to do with the war. He wanted a simpler life. To be able to live a free life. Away from this chaos. When the meeting ended, he bolted towards the exit door but his father stopped him.

"Jongin, can I talk to you?" he said in his fatherly voice.

Jongin could only accept as they were the only ones in the room. Minutes passed. 

"I know who that girl you're hiding from us is." his father said.

"She's the one reported missing from South Korea. Her family is very rich and powerful. They have strong ties with Luhan." the elder Kim continued.

"Father. What are you trying to say?" Jongin asked.

"You love her. Don't you? I can see the spark in your eyes every time someone brings her name up." his father teased.

"I- I don't know."

"Protect that girl with your life. She may become useful to use soon." 

Jongin could only nod as response.

 

***

Yoona could only wonder about her family. They were probably in China already. She could only sigh as she wandered around the maze like building of North Korea's military headquarters. She wanted to avoid both Jongin and Luhan for the rest of the day. The tension between the three was accumulating each day.

While being lost in her thoughts, she had bumped into someone. 

"I apologize." Yoona quietly murmured.

"That's fine. It was my fault." the stranger replied. She noticed it was one of the doctors she had meet on the first day. He was Chinese.

" I don't think we've ever introduced ourselves. My name is Yoona."

"Hello Yoona. Call me Kris." he smiled in reply.

Guys, before we jump into any conclusions, Yoonkris won't happen. Don't loose hope all of you seokris shippers out there! As for seohan, I don't ship them at all but who knows? The reason why Luhan had an affair with Seohyun was because he wanted to make Yoona jealous. For know Luhan seems like an annoying character but his love for her actually goes down so much deeper than that. Gosh. I feel so bad for Jongin myself. He fell in love with someone who couldn't love him back. He may look like he hates her, but he doesn't. Honestly, I don't know if I'll end this yoonkai or Luyoon. Yoona. Were you guys shocked at her character change?;D She's turned into a more mature and contracdicting character. For now, she doesn't seem interested in any of the boys, but who knows? Then why did she give some optimism to Jongin? You will find out in the next chapter:) Seohyun will appear next as well! I should probably finish studying for my chem test that's tomorrow-_-