Savior

The War of Hope

Pyongyang 1950,

"Im Yoona. That's a pretty name." Luhan started as he looked lovingly into the empty eyes of the girl.

"Look at you. Such a pity. Beautiful women aren't supposed to fight."

"Hyung. She looks tired. I think she needs some rest." Jongin carefully countered.

"Why would I let a POW have luxuries. I will continue with a questioning," Luhan briskly answered.

"Yoona shi, I think I have a suitable punishment for you." he grinned.

"What is it?" Yoona stuttered.

"Death penalty."

Jongin couldn't take another second listening to Luhan's meaningless threats. He was already sick and tired with other Chinese soldiers ridiculing his comrades but this was enough. He swore to protect this stranger. This girl. His girl. 

"Luhan you do know that she's a POW of our fatherland. Not China. So you can get your filthy hands and mind off her." Jongin rushed. 

"Little Jongin. Now you have the courage the stand up against the mighty me? Just for this peasant  girl? I'm surprised." Luhan barked.

"Hyung, you obviously don't know who she is. Im Yoona, the heiress to Fedeili Perfume and coporations? Her father is very close with yours." Jongin smiled. Now who was being mocked?

"What- what are you even talking about?" 

"Her father is Mr. Im. The main business partner of your father hyung. And she's your fiancée. You meet her a few years ago. Remember at that ball in Shanghai? I was there." 

Flashback

Tonight wasn't just any ball for Luhan. It was a grand ball. His parents told him they had a surprise for him. Of course he was curious. A bit excited too. Many important guest would come. His fathers wealthy friends and foreign business partners from across the globe. His mother custom made his classic black suit that was outlined with fine silk. He was also asked to put his hair back, to look more formal and distinguished. 

"Luhan, they're guest arriving!" his mother greeted.

He rolled his eyes. By the looks of it there weren't many kids his age, and they all looked snobby and bored. Instead of greeting guests, he spent half an hour at the kitchen helping the cook with dishes. The air smelled of rich aroma of spices and expensive perfume. It was heavenly.

Just then he felt his fathers hand cup his shoulders and dragged him to one of his business associates.

"Ah, Mr.Im! I always wanted to introduce you to my son. Xi Luhan." Luhan bowed politely as the two men shoke their hands.

"Hello Luhan. Your father always talked about you," the man grinned. He seemed very kind and youthful. Luhan blushed.

"I want you to meet my daughter Yoona. She's been looking forward to meet you. " behind the man, a beautifully dressed lady appeared in front of him. She was around his age, and had a angelic smiled on her face.

"Hello Luhan shi. Please call me Yoona." she curtsied.

"Luhana, you might not realize this now but she will become a very important person in your life. She's your fiancée."

 

***

"No.." Luhan whispered.

He couldn't recognize her before because it had been 3 years since they've meet. But he could remember the deer like eyes and the chestnut hair that dangled down her back.

"Hyung. Please let her go. I think she needs to be with her family." 

"I can't believe this." Luhan continued. Not even an 1 hour ago, he had hit her, mentally abused her and broke her weak soul. 

"Yoona shi, you can rest in my dorms until we figure out something," Jongin suddenly said.

"Thank you Jongin." she managed to say as she cupped her throbbing cheek. He nose still bleed but that was the least of her worries. Jongin helped make her way out of the room as they walked until they reached his bunker. 

His bunker was enormous. Unlike the other soldiers he has a comfortable looking queen bed complete with a wooden desk and an oil lamp.

"Before you rest you might want to take a bath. I'll pour out the warm water for you." he warmingly said. Yoona only managed to nod.

"I'll come and get you when it's ready." 

Jongin started walking towards the door but something was preventing him. She was grabbing onto his shirt.

"Why- why are you being so kind and warm to me?" 

"Because I want to give you hope Yoona shi." he replied as he closed to door.

 

***

 

The pain from the bullets was almost unbearable as Yoona made contact with the hot steaming water. Almost immediately, the dirt and oils from her skin mixed into the once crystal clear water. She remembered the last the time she has a bath like this. As she enjoyed the warm and tingling sensation the water gave to her body, she heard the door click and close again. Someone has come in. She panicked as she scrambled what to do. But she could barely move. The rigorous tiredness and unfamiliar injures her body faced were too overwhelming. 

"It's me." a familiar voice called.

It was Luhan. At other times if someone had walked into her bathing she would be embarrassed and humiliated, but the exhuastion forced her to only remain frozen in her place in the large basin of water. He slowly walked his way towards the tub so Yoona could see him. He finally knelt beside her and stared deeply into her eyes. The guilt was overcoming him. He had hurt an innocent girl. Probably permanently.

"I-I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I beg you." he trembled as his bloodshot eyes were filled with agonizing tears.

Yoona turned her body towards him. She saw the anger, the regret and the sorrow on his face. His words were genuine. She managed to lift her soaked left hand and cupped his cheek. Now she had looked at him again, he looked painfully handsome, but had more of an elegant appearance  than Jongin. Instead of replying with words, she hugged him. Maybe it wasn't the best of hugs, as only he got drenched in water. But he didn't care. She gave him another chance instead of rejecting it. Yoona was truly an angel. Her arms interlocked each other over Luhan's back. His white collar shirt was drenched. He then gently felt the swollen lips of hers he had abused earlier with his finger. Soon his lips made its way to hers as they ever so delicately pressed each others. He wanted to heal those broken lips. He buried his face into Yoona's wet hair as  he nuzzled his against her smooth neck. 

"Luhan shi, I can't move." she finally said.

Knowing that she wanted to get out, he let go of their sweet hug and wrapped one of his arms around her thighs and the other on her waist. Pulling her out of the water, he carried her to the toilet seat and sat her down. Her body was in full view of him. He could see her glowing white skin, and the horrible markings of bullet wounds on her. He wrapped a towel around her and was about to say something until someone else walked in to the bathroom. It was Jongin.

OMG guys I can't believe I've finished writing up chapter 2!!:) I probably made so much grammar mistakes but I hope you enjoy it;). I sacrificed 2 hours of my study time to write this hehehe xD yeah I know this chapter is fairly short and I apologize for that. I'll make sure the next chapter is fantastic:).

As for the character analysis, you may think the story may be over soon, but it just gets so much more complicated later. Yoona, she's the main character in the story, but she doesn't play an important role. Her personality is easily forgiving and kind, which makes her a tragic character, like Brutus from Julius Caesar. But you'll be surprised at how much she'll change in the future chapters. You readers might be confused as to who (Jongin or Luhan) she actually likes, and right now I can honestly say she's playing both of them. But if you read between the lines, she actually prefers Luhan. Why? Because Jongin might've said he fell in love with her at first sight, but he choose to protect himself over her. Luhan on the other hand inentionally mocks her, only to find out she's his beloved fiancée he met years ago. Instead of slowly warming up to her, he immediately goes in for the kill. Haha. Also in the next chapters or so, Seohyun and Kris will appear! Their roles will be all mighty crucial if I say so myself. Enjoy darlings.:)