First experiences.

Simjang - Follow your heart.

It was Siwon who held the welcome speech. He seemed to be a kind of boss around here. He summarized all the necessary information, presented Donghae, Eunhyuk and Shindong as our dancing teachers, Leeteuk and Siwon himself as the sports coach, Ryeowook, Yesung and Kyuhyun as the vocal teachers in the neighbor buildings and the other SJ members obviously had some other functions ^^ Siwon mentioned, too, that only 5 of those 30 winners came from abroad. And that only 2% of all students were non-korean. In that moment, I felt really awkward but a little proud, too…

We were given our schedules and keys for the rooms which were in the building itself (and I have to say: This building was HUGE!) I happened to hear the members themselves lived here, too.

When I entered my room, I was surprised. It was pretty small but very comfortable. It had a little bathroom, too. I thought to myself, that I would get along quite well.

After we had lunch, we were shown all the rooms and already started our first dance lesson. All the students had to pull themselves up, because it was no other than flawless Donghae who was about to teach us how to dance…^^

“Welcome to SuJu Dance Academy”, Hae said with his cute accent. But his English has really improved. “We’re going to learn some basic steps today. The choreographies are based on Super Junior’s performances. Most of you will participate in the final show, I hope. So let’s get started. You will have to work hard within these 3 months…” While I tried following Hae’s instructions, I recognized only 2 non-Korean dancers in my group. The girl next to me looked up, smiled and whispered “Hi.” I smiled back. Donghae turned up the volume and “Bonamana” came through the speakers.

Within 30 minutes, we learnt the exact choreography! And then the lesson ended.

I never imagined those few moves to be THAT exhausting.

We had a 15 minute break before we were given a tour by Kangin through the buildings. During the break the girl from Hae’s lessons came up and said “Sorry, I didn’t introduce myself until now! I’m Samantha. But everyone calls me Sam!” – “I’m (your name), nice to meet you.”, I replied with a smile. “Nice to meet you, too!” We had a little chat and apparently she came from Europe, too. “Do you know that one guy in our group?”, she asked. “He is from London. He’s kinda one of us!”, she laughed. I shook my head to imply that I didn’t even talked to anyone except for her. Just in that moment we were called for the tour.

Kangin was really nice, answered questions and made us feel very comfortable. The tour lasted less than 15 minutes, then we had our next lesson. This time, Eunhyuk was our teacher.

“S’up?”, he greeted us. “I’m Hyukjae. You can call me Eunhyuk. In my lesson, you will learn to put your emotions into your dance moves. Sounds weird, but this is important about dancing. You.”, he pointed at me. “Come here.” I was nervous since I didn’t know what to expect. I approached him slowly. “What’s your name?” I said my name quietly. “Nice. That’s a pretty name, never heard of it, though.”, he smirked. He switched on the stereo equipment. “Sorry sorry Answer” was playing. “Dance with me”, he said in a rather demanding way. I felt awkward, but did what he expected me to, slowly walking around him, trying to move in a way, circling around which made my long hair swirl around my shoulders. I felt embarrassed, but suddenly I felt one hand grabbing my waist, another hand touching my leg and it until it touched my hand. Eunhyuk was now so close to me that I didn’t dare breathing. He stopped the music all of a sudden and said “That wasn’t really bad. But it wasn’t good either. You’re not focused. You can go back to the others again.” So I did. Feeling ashamed and confused. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

____________________________________________________________

Would you like Donghae, Shindong and Eunhyuk to be your dance teachers? :D