튼튼한 나사

Simjang - Follow your heart.

It’s been two weeks since Sungmin’s departure to Japan. My suspension was already over, but I decided not to go to class, since I preferred being on my own. I had been practicing a lot for the final show during that time, since I was trying to distract myself from crying over Sungmin. Still, I couldn’t completely focus. We sent us text messages now and again, but I didn’t want to bother him since he had a tough schedule.

Awkward how my life had become what it was now. My sister had sent me one mail since, I felt left alone, since my family didn’t seem to care about how I was doing. Sam tried her best to cheer me up, but I was not an easy person to handle – especially not now. But still I was grateful. Especially Ryeowook and Kyuhyun kept checking how Sam and I were doing.

_______________________

I lay in my bed but I couldn’t sleep. It was hot since it was already the end of June. But it was not only the temperature that kept me awake. Tomorrow was the final show. And I still did not know whether Sungmin was able to come. “Even if he can’t come…I will give my best.” I kept whispering. I wanted to believe in it. I wanted to believe my own lie, but I felt so lost since Sungmin was gone.

“I have been working hard. I’m doing this for no one but me. I want to be proud of myself. Come on. I can do this. I better should sleep now. Why am I not tired? Why do I keep thinking of you, Sungmin? Get off my head. Let me sleep. Should I text you? …”

My head was full of thoughts. An hour passed by and still I couldn’t sleep, so I ended up sending Sungmin a text message.  “I will give my best tomorrow. I hope you’re doing fine. Take care. I miss you.” I wish I’ll dream about you, I thought. And eventually, I fell asleep.

________________________

Today was the big day. Everyone prepared for the late afternoon and you could feel the excitement as soon as you entered the building. “Are you doing ok?”, Sam asked. I nodded in silence. She gave me a gentle hug and said “I know you’ll do great later. I’ve seen you practicing.” - “I wish he would have texted me that…anyway, no time to be sad now.” I gathered myself and tried to think of nothing but the final show.

Ryeowook came up to us. “Ahh, today is the day everyone’s been waiting for! Good luck.”, he said and gave Sam and me a hug. “See you later.” He was gone again before we could reply. Not even a minute later, Kyuhyun, Yesung and Shindong also came by to wish us good luck. Last but not least, Eunhyuk and Donghae joined to encourage us. “Thank you so much.”, I whispered and for a moment I actually forgot about all the trouble…

_______________________

Sam and I were backstage but we could already hear the audience jabbering. “Everyone is there. The members. Reporters. Even two men from SM Entertainment!”, Sam said with excitement. “I wish he was here, too…”, I said. “But he’s right here.”, I pointed at my heart and smiled. “I will give my best. For him.” Sam smiled back at me. “That’s my girl. You’re gonna rock!”

 

 

I was the second last performer. The time passed by rather quickly and with every performance my excitement and my fear grew.

 

 

“Sam, wow! You were stunning!”, I said when she was done with her performance and came backstage again. “Oh my god! I can’t believe, I just danced in front of all these people.” She was obviously relieved and overwhelmed by her happiness hormones.

“(Your name), please prepare yourself. You’re next.”, the coordinator said.  Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

I took each step to the stage very carefully, trying to calm myself down. I went to the microphone. “My name is (your name). I am thankful for this opportunity. Kamsahabnida. I dedicate this to the one who gave me the strength to get through it all. Saranghe.” I quickly looked up and saw Donghae and the others smiling secretly. They know whom I meant. Sungmin. I love you. Thank you., I thought.

For the next five minutes, I let go off everything. I let my emotions, the fear, the sadness, but also the joy, the memories overwhelm me and danced – or rather, I was feeling. I re-lived all the beautiful moments, all the sad moments, everything was there again and it culminated in this performance.

Those minutes passed by and the next thing I remembered was me and Sam waiting backstage for the last performance and the results when suddenly a familiar voice came towards me. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” I was totally confused as soon as I saw my sister and my parents. “We came here to surprise you and daaaaamn, you were awesome on stage.”, my sister said as she hugged me. “My girl…”, my dad said and ruffled through my hair. “We are very proud of you. You…were amazing, honey. And I’m sorry I never appreciated your passion as much as you deserved.” Mom came closer and put her arms around me. I’ve missed it. It’s been so long. “Thank you.”, I whispered. “So who was that person you were talking about on stage…”, Dad asked. He was grinning just like the rest of my family. “Umm…he..err..no, I didn’t mean he…” – “(Your name).” I shivered. “Were you talking about him?”, my sister asked. I turned around because I couldn’t believe my ears. Was it possible…?

“SUNGMIN!”, I ran towards him and we fell into each other’s arms. “You’re here. When..? How? Oh God, I am so happy.”, I stuttered. “I came right on time. As soon as I arrived in the hall, you started your performance. And by the way I love you, too.”, he smiled. “O-oh, you’ve…heard that?” – “I heard and saw everything. And it was perfect. You are perfect…to me.” We knew we shouldn’t be kissing in front of my parents, so we just hugged each other. Since Sungmin was a gentleman, he went to my parents and introduced himself. “He’s so cute.”, I whispered into Sam’s ear. “Aww, yes. Look at your parents. Haha.” We heard him saying “Hello, my name is Sungmin. I’m glad to meet you. Your daughter is really special. If you allow me, I will give my best to always make her smile. Please accept me as your daughter’s boyfriend.” I widened my eyes. “Oh god, I didn’t know he was…so…straightforward.” Sam couldn’t help but laugh. And so did my sister. And my parents. And all of a sudden, my dad took Sungmin’s hand, shook it and said “Nice to meet you. You seem to make our girl pretty happy.” I love happy ends, I smiled at that thought.

____________________

“And here are the final results…” – “Shhh!”, “Oh my..the results!”, “Quiet everyone!” Everyone was mumbling backstage. All of us were excited. Sungmin sat right next to me and held my hand. I looked up and saw him smiling at me with his beautiful smile. I always blushed when he was looking at me like this, but all he did was squeeze my hand and whisper in my ear “I love you, beautiful.” And that again made me blush even more.

“The five participants who win a scholarship for one year at Super Junior’s Dance Academy are…”

 

Neither Sam, nor I were mentioned. We look at each other with the same expression. “Were we that bad?” But then the presenter continued: “And the lucky participant who will accompany Super Junior on their coming world tour as their dancer is…Samantha Reyes.” – “OH MY GOD, SAM! IT’S YOU.”, I screamed and locked her in my arms. I was so happy for her. She really deserved it. Sam shouted with glee. “Go! Hurry! Go on stage!”, I smiled. Everyone congratulated her. “So sad that you didn’t win, honey.”, my mom said. “Yeah, you would have deserved it, too.”, my sister agreed. “Don’t worry. I’m already a winner, since I gained so many experiences and wonderful memories.”

Suddenly another voice sounded from behind us. “(your name).” It was Siwon. I looked at him not knowing what to say (as I stood there, still holding hands with Sungmin but he wouldn’t let go…)

“Congratulations, Samantha.”, Siwon said but immediately turned to me. “And congratulations to you as well.” – “Me?” I was confused. “Yes. Even though you didn’t win a scholarship as a student, we will still give you the chance to stay here.” – “Wha-?” – “As a dancing teacher.” – “WHAT?”, all of us including Sam, my parents and Sungmin said simultaneously. “Yes, I took a stand for it. You improved in a very fascinating way and we all agree that you would be an enrichment for the academy. And you know what that means…”, he winked at Sungmin. Sungmin’s face lit up. “Wait! What? I don’t get it? Why are you winking at him?” I was still confused. Sungmin turn me to him. “That means you’re not a student anymore.” – “Can I get another hint?” – “Sister, are you being stupid? It means, you and your lover can have a ‘legal’ relationship.” We stared at my little sister. I didn’t know what to say when Siwon interrupted the embarrassing pause. “Smart girl.”, he said to my sister. “Lover”, Sungmin grinned and kissed my cheek. “I should go back now. We’ll talk about everything later.” Siwon waved at us. “I can’t believe Siwon did this for us.”, I said. Sungmin was smiling at me and remained silent. We both were just happy in this moment. “Okay, Mom, Dad, let’s go and give them some lovey-dovey time.”, my sister said and I loved her for doing so. I formed my lips to a ‘Thank you’ and she just winked at me as they went to their seats again. Sam went with them. Sungmin and I were alone. And in this moment, we just stared into each others’ eyes, our faces moved towards each other until his lips touched mine.

 

__________________________________________________________

Aww...so you finally made it :'D The title says "teunteunhan nasa" which means "everlasting" (if you can trust the internet ^^)

For ELF "everlasting" is a special word. :) Even though this was just a fanfic I hope the word "everlasting" will accompany all of you..

we are everlasting friends with an everlasting love for SuJu.

I wish that you will always be able to follow your dreams and fight to make them come true, therefore I hope you will have an everlasting passion and everlasting strength.

You might think the ending is not really complete, since it's not sure how exactly everything will go on now. But I prefer to leave it at that. Just imagine how it could be like ;)

Thank you so much for reading <3

I hope you liked the story. x ~ Mehi