Consequences

Simjang - Follow your heart.

“We had only a few days to practice but you guys are gorgeous! We’ve worked hard, so let’s go for it!”, Sam motivated the students. Today was the big day. The competition. We arrived at 10 o’clock. Fortunately, it was on a sunday, so we didn’t have schedule. Sungmin accompanied us, too. On our way there, he walked next to me all the time. And we had a conversation since that one night I searched for Wi-Fi. “You are impressive.”, he said. “Why do you think so?”, I laughed. “You’re hard-working. Ambitious. Passionate. I like that.” I felt flattered. “But so are you. I like that, too.” I giggled. “Sungmin oppa, what is actually your job at the academy? I don’t wanna sound rude but…” – “Hah! I know what you mean.  I am everything and nothing. I am a dance or vocal teacher whenever one of the others isn’t available. I do have administrative functions now and again, but in the mean-time, I’m kind of a supervisor.”, he explained. “So you’re the man for everything.”, I concluded. “Yes.”, he smiled. His beautiful smile…I caught myself smiling like an idiot. Obviously, Sungmin saw me. “What are you thinking about? You’re smiling so brightly.” – “Oh, it’s nothing. I’m sorry.”, I stuttered. “Sorry for what? I think it’s beautiful when you smile…” I looked at him. His eyes meeting mine. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it would collapse every moment. “Ah, we arrived!”

_____________________________________________

“Siwon oppa, may I come in?” – “Sure, what is it?” – “I heard that (your name) and a few other students went to participate in the Seoul Dance Competition. Did they ask you for your permission?” – “I don’t know anything.” – “Oh. Well. I just thought, you might want to know. I think it’s not an appropriate behavior for a student. Especially not when she is a student at this academy.” – “I will take care of it. Thanks for telling me.” – “You’re welcome. (your name), that’s her name. I just wanted to remind you. I don’t want to be rude but I can imagine she will get punished for that, right?” – “As I said. I will take care of it. You can leave now.” She left the bureau with a smile.

_____________________________________________

“Holy Cow! I’m so excited!”, Sam said. We did a great job. We performed Super Junior-M’s “Break Down” and gained a lot of applause. But the other groups and performers were stunning! “Do you think we have a chance to win?” “Wow! That was so cool.” Everyone was talking about the amazing experience. Sungmin came up to me as he had been in the audience to support us. “You guys were awesome on stage!” – “Thank you so much, oppa. For everything.” I didn’t know why I did it, but I hugged him and it felt good. More than good. It was nice feeling him this close to me.

We arrived at the academy at 7 p.m. in the evening. We didn’t win. But we happened to know that we were all over the media.

“(Your name), Sungmin!”, someone shouted from behind us. It was Kyuhyun. He ran towards us. “Siwon wants to see both of you.” Sungmin and I looked at each other, confused. “Thanks for telling us, Kyu.”, Sungmin patted his shoulder. “We will go there right after dinner.” – “He wants to see you now. He said it’s important.” I started getting anxious.

_____________________________________________

Siwon’s bureau was huge and looked very noble. “(your name), sit down please.” Sungmin stood in the corner, staring at Siwon. “Apparently it was your idea to participate in the Seoul Dance Competition. It was all over the news. Sungmin apparently helped you? You gathered other students and applied without permission, you know what that means?”, Siwon said. “I don’t, really.”, was all I managed to say. “You will be suspended for two weeks, that means you are not allowed to attend the lessons or the training, neither excursions or other events.” My eyes widened in shock. “But the final show…”, Sungmin and I simultaneously said. We looked at each other, a little smile appeared on our faces before we froze again at Siwon’s words. “We want to promote young dancers and encourage them to improve. As you won an internship, of course you will be allowed to take part in the final show. However, you will have to practice on your own after the usual classes. The training hall is open 24 hours. Just make sure, you don’t disturb others. Work hard.” I couldn’t believe what I’ve just heard. But I knew there was no sense in starting a discussion, so I just nodded. At least I was allowed to practice after all. And participate in the final show. “You can leave now.”

_______________________________________________

 

Sungmin’s P.O.V.

“You can leave now.”, Siwon said. “Not you, Sungmin.” I turned around and faced him. “So…?”, he stared at me. “This is ridiculous.”, I said before thinking. “Ridiculous?”, he repeated. “Siwon-ssi. Why did you suspend her for two weeks? I thought we want to support passionate people who want to become dancers and singers. And now there’s a girl who actually had a great idea, gathered people who just followed their passion and you punish her for that? If you don’t like her, at least be a little more reserved…” – “I do like her.”, he replied calmly. “Huh?” – “Yes, I think she will go far. She is a fighter, a dreamer, full of passion.” – “And why did you suspend her then?” – “Sungmin…You know what SM Entertainment says…we are not supposed to hit the headlines more than necessary.” – “But we got so much positive feedback from the news. Isn’t that actually good?”, I asked. “Indeed. However, it’s not in our hands. The fact that our students just went there to represent our academy without permission makes it complicated. Oh, you know SME…” – “Hmm”, I nodded. “Sungmin.”, Siwon said. “I know you like her. Maybe a little too much.” – “What do you mean?”, I tried to sound convincing. “You know what I mean. Don’t fall too much, though. Another rule SM Entertainment has set. No deep relationships with students. Or the media might pick on us again.” – “You think I’m in love with…?” – “(your name). Yes.” – “Siwon-ssi...” – “Sungmin, from now on, I want you to keep a certain distance or I have to suspend you, too.” – “What?” – “You heard me. You can leave now.”

 

_________________________________________

Let the drama begin, haha! What will Sungmin do now? And what will you do?

The title "Consequences" is not only referred to your suspension, but also to what is about to happen between you and Sungmin ~