Options

Simjang - Follow your heart.

We stared at Kyuhyun who stared back, embarrassed. "Min...?" We stood there a few seconds in silence. Nobody said anything while tension was building up.

All of a sudden, I took my stuff and said "Sorry!" as I ran out the room. I felt ashamed. Just now I realized: I disturbed the relationship between Sungmin and Kyuhyun! Didn't I consider myself as a KyuMin shipper? So why did I do this then? It felt so good being with Sungmin, but it would cause too many problems, so I had to make a decision...

_________________________________

Sungmin's P.O.V.

"Kyuhyun...", I said still in shock. "You were looking for Ryeowook, I guess." - "Yeah.", was his simple answer. "He's somewhere upstairs...", I tried to keep it going to avoid talking about what has just happened. Actually, nothing really happened. But still there was this awkward tension. And eventually, we had to talk about it. So Kyuhyun began:

"Sorry for interrupting you."

Me: "Don't worry."

Kyu: "This is awkward right now.."

Me: "..." I nodded.

Kyu: "Siwon told me to keep an eye on you."

Me: "He did WHAT? Are you gonna tell him that..."

Kyu: "You are my best friend."

Me: "Is that a 'no'?"

Kyu: "I would never betray you. Yes, you have a girlfriend now. She seems really nice. It's not like I'm jealous..."

Me: "You're kidding yourself.", I giggled.

Kyu: "Okay, okay. Maybe I'm a little jealous. But only because we don't get to spend that much time together anymore. However, I am happy when you are happy. And she seems to be the one who can make you smile."

Me: "Thank you."

Kyu: "What if Siwon asks me about you?"

Me: "Just don't tell him."

Kyu: "So I should lie to him...?"

Me: "I didn't.."

Kyu: "Okay."

I laughed. Kyuhyun... "Thank you", I said. He smiled as to say "You're welcome."

_______________________________________

Your P.O.V.

I sat in my room and didn't even bother to switch on the light. What was I supposed to do now?

I wanted to be with Sungmin, but didn't want to be a burden for him or the other members. I could go back home again, but I didn't want to let go off my chance of becoming a good dancer. And I didn't want my parents to say: "See, we told you, you're just a dreamer." While I was thinking about all possible options, I heard someone knocking at my door. Before I could say something, it was opened. "Can I come in?" It was Sam. Happy and smiling as always. "You already are.", I laughed. "I know.", she said and switched on the light after all. "Why are you sitting here all alone in the dark?" - "I'm thinking...", I said. "About...?" - "Everything.", I replied and stared at the ceiling. "Tell me the options." - "It's something I need to figure out myself, I guess." She nodded. "Okay, but whenever you need someone, I'm here to listen, alright?" - "Thanks.", I smiled. "Want me to tell you about today?" - "Yes, please.", I replied. A little distraction wouldn't be bad. "Well, Siwon did the training today. After the workout he came up to me and guess what?" - "Huh?" - "He asked me how you got along." My eyes widened. "Why would he do that? I thought he hated me!", I said confused. "Exactly the opposite. I think he really likes you. He told me to keep motivating you!" - "He actually did? Stop joking!" - "I'm not joking", she laughed. "He did say that. Anyway, later we had dance practice with Shindong but basically everyone practiced alone since we were preparing for the final show. He just gave us tips and stuff. And after the break, we had another dance lesson. This time with Mr. Perfect, ahhh." - "Donghae?", I laughed. "Ohhh yes!", she fangirled. "He also told us about an excursion to SM Entertainment and other places in Seoul. It's on the day after tomorrow! Almost everyone joins the excursion." - "Hah, everyone except for me.", I said. "Oh, yeah. Sorry. I forgot.", she mumbled. "No need to apologize." - "Then I'll stay here with you!" - "Nooo! Just go with them." - "We have been to the city centre anyway. It won't be a big deal if I stay here and practice a little more. With you!", she smiled at the thought of her idea. "Yup, that's great!", she said to herself. "You're way too nice." - "I'm an Ever Lasting Friend.", she smiled.