In My Mind

Simjang - Follow your heart.

The next days were exhausting, as we had sports training with Leeteuk and Siwon and intense dancing lessons with Donghae, Eunhyuk and Shindong, but they eventually passed. I got to know a few more people, but Sam was the only person I really called friend here. Most of the girls were whispering behind my back whenever Sungmin and I said “Hi” or smiled at each other. We didn’t have much time to have a proper conversation, so those little moments were precious to me.

I was willing to work really hard and in fact, I saw myself improving. One day during Eunhyuk’s lesson, he asked me to dance to “Boom boom”. Again a rather ‘Let’s-show-how-y-you-are’ song, so I tried my best. While I was focused on being as and passionate as I could be, I didn’t see Sungmin joining the lesson just to have a look at our developments. Again I felt Eunhyuk very close to me. I didn’t let it bother me too much, even though I kept wishing it was Sungmin who dances with me like this. Eunhyuk stopped the music and said “Very nice. Don’t you think, Sungmin?” He smirked like he did so often. Sungmin?, I thought and felt how I turned red like a tomato as I somehow felt ashamed. Oh my God. Sungmin had seen me. Dancing like this. So close to Eunhyuk. I didn’t wait for Eunhyuk to tell me to sit down, but I hurried back to my place next to Sam. Those creepy girls in the back were whispering again. I sighed. “What happened? You’re blushing.”, Sam whispered and couldn’t prevent herself from grinning. “I don’t know…”, I mumbled. “It’s because of Sungmin. Got it!”, she smiled. I was so thankful to have her next to me. She was really amazing.

The lesson lasted for another 10 minutes. Then we were released for the day. “(your name), how about going downtown, discovering Seoul a bit and have some tasty Korean food? We don’t have more schedule for today!”, Sam suggested. “Sounds great.” And so we went.

_______________________________________________

Sungmin’s P.O.V.

After the lesson, I went to Eunhyuk. “Why?”, I asked. “Why what?”, he smirked. He knew exactly what I was hinting at. “Stop it.”, I demanded. “You’re cute. CuteMin, haha! And so is she…”, he giggled. “Stop all that touching and flirting and teasing…” – “You jealous?” – “…” – “You like her a lot, huh?” – “Uhh..no..like..umm, I think she is nice. It’s not like I’m thinking much about her. It’s just..I don’t think she likes you being like that.” – “Whatever, CuteMin”, Eunhyuk replied and left the training hall.

I had been pretty obvious that I was desperately searching for an excuse. I really like her

_______________________________________________

Your P.O.V.

When we came back in the evening, Sam and I were super excited. “Oh my God! Let’s do this!” – “We totally should!” – “We NEED to.” – “Let’s gather some people…”

We had found out, that an annual dance competition was held in 10 days! Seoul’s biggest dance competition for dance groups and solo performers.

Within 2 days, we had found 13 students who were interested in joining us. We met up in the evenings when there were no lessons. Fortunately, Sungmin volunteered to help us a little.

After the first training, one of those girls who never talked straight into my face but permanently behind my back came up to me. “What do you think you’re doing?”, she asked. “Dancing, I guess.” was my simple answer. “Do you have a permission for what you’re planning?” – “I don’t know why you have such a big problem with me, but how about you just join us and have some fun instead of being so grumpy?” I really didn’t wanna waste my time with her right now. She obviously felt insulted, snapped and walked away. Whatever…

 

_____________________________________________

Can you guess which song they will be dancing to in the competition? ;) I chose the title "In my mind" because in this chapter both of the main characters start feeling a certain affection for the other one, but they try to hide it from the others. ^^ Thanks for reading!