The Start Of Something New

Simjang - Follow your heart.

“Ohhh…My..GOD!!”, I screamed like an insane person and ran downstairs to tell my family the big news! “Mooom, Daaad, (sister)!” They stared at me with a rather confused expression, while I tried to control my idiotic smile. “I am going to Seoul, South Korea!” –

Mom:”No way! Where did you get this idea from?”

Dad:”What? What are we talking about? Hello?”

Sister:”Was it that competition thingy?”

Dad:”What competition?”

Me: “I told you 2 months ago! Super Junior…”

Mom:*sigh* “Super Junior again..”

Me:”MOM! Well, Super Junior opened a dancing school in Seoul and for the first time ever, international dancers and those who want to improve are invited there! So they ran a competition for people from all over the world. Only 30 people were given a scholarship! So I auditioned…and here’s my invitation.”

My dad took the piece of paper and read it out loud. “…Congratulations…invited to Super Junior’s Dance Academy…scholarship…room…dance lessons…new friends and lots of fun…THREE MONTHS?!?!?!”

Me:”Three months is almost nothing! But if I am really good, I have a chance to win a scholarship for one whole year! At the end of this 3 months training session, there’ll be a final show with judges and everything. The top 5 will get a scholarship and THE BEST dancer will accompany Super Junior on their upcoming world tour!”

My mom burst out laughing. “So you think, they’ll pick you? Honey, it’s sweet that you dream those big dreams, but reality is not like that. I don’t want you to be disappointed in the end..”

I couldn’t believe my ears. Me: “Mom…this is actually the moment when parents support their children. But I didn’t expect anything…You never showed much interest in my passion, right?”

Mom:”Don’t talk to me like that…”

Me:”Does the truth hurt?” I felt the rage increasing. “I will go there. It’s my life. Get used to it.” And so I ran into my room, locked the door and cried at the thought of my non-supportive family.

Today is the day. Three weeks have passed since I received my invitation letter. Until today, I barely talked to my parents and they obviously didn’t bother to take the first step. However they brought me to the airport, so I kinda think they got used to the situation.

Dad: “Do you have everything you need?” I nodded. My sister came to give me a hug. “I’m gonna miss you. Kick their butts, girl!”, she laughed and I automatically had to smile, too. I couldn’t just go without saying goodbye to my mom, so I slowly approached her. “Mom…” I began. “Take care.” , she said quietly. “I’m sorry, mom. It’s just…I think it’s time to fight for my dreams. And I feel this is going to be something big!” She nodded and then came a step closer. “You’re growing up so fast…Try your best, but don’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t work out the way you want it.” And still she implied with a simple sentence that she doesn’t really believe in me…wow. Thanks. I hid my disappointment and nodded. I waved them goodbye and then entered the airport without looking back…

____________________________________________________________

As soon as I arrived in Korea, I got really excited. And scared. I didn’t even know where to find the academy! Eventually I found an English map of Seoul and tried to find my way through the big city.

About half an hour later, I saw a sign directing right in front of me. “Super Junior’s Dance & Singing Academy”. So they have singing courses, too? Cool, I thought. My heart started beating faster. There were so many people gathering around there. Most of them Koreans. I felt so awkward, as if I didn’t belong here. And to be honest, I did not.

They all looked like professionals, everyone had someone to talked to. Everyone except for me. I slowly approached the crowd, pulling my suitcase behind me. I couldn’t see any people who looked like they came from abroad, so I just walked onto the side and so I stood there. Confused and a little intimidated. Suddenly I heard a voice from behind. “You can leave your luggage here. The welcome meeting starts soon, right over there. You’ll get the keys to your room later.” I turned around to see who it was, but as soon as I ended that thought I heard people (mainly girls) screaming “Ahhh, Sungmin oppa!” So I turned around, saw Sungmin in all his beauty and couldn’t help myself but blush. He was directly looking at me and all I could say was “Ka-Kamsahabnida.” He nodded. He was smiling. His beautiful smile…I caught myself daydreaming! I decided to go inside, so I wouldn’t miss the welcome ceremony…

 

___________________________________________________

I know, this chapter isn't very spectacular as SuJu isn't that much involved really... But they will appear more often and especially Sungmin will play a major role, so stay tuned ^^