Miracles

Miss Interpreter

 

M I R A C L E S

That evening, two miracles happened.

A man who was lost at sea, cut off from any form of communication from the world, suddenly found his way to shore where a team of rescuers found him.

A woman who was in a coma, apparently at the last stage of her rare and serious illness, suddenly found herself awake. Her family immediately ran to her side and embraced her like never before.

That evening, two lives were changed. Two people, who were supposedly heading towards their death, were rescued by each other.

All because of a chance encounter.

All because that woman allowed herself to be his interpreter

All because that man allowed himself to fall in love with her

~~~

As soon as Ryeowook pressed down on the ivory keys of the grand piano, the bride and her father marched down the aisle. Yoona’s soft feet barely left a mark on the red, plush carpet as she made her way towards the dashing young man at the altar.

He looked so calm, relaxed and finally at peace. His broad shoulders were set back and looked far from tensed. It was as if the whole world was lifted off his shoulders. His eyes no longer looked weary. They twinkled and shone. And his hair? Well, they were still the same shade of orange…

Donghae stood there, waiting for her. He looked at her and took all of her in. He still couldn’t believe that this was the same woman who stood so defiantly in that bus – the place where they first met. And still, he couldn’t believe this was the same woman who seemed to have been conquered by her sickness just a few months ago. The doctors have all marveled at her sudden recovery. Not a trace of the malignant cells was found in her body. Now, she looked so beautiful, so determined, so full of life…

Later in the ceremony, the couple exchanged vows and looked at each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Then, Donghae smoothly bent down and placed his lips on hers.

That night, he promised her that once he’d come back from the army, he’s going to retire and go home to her. She told him that he’d probably crowned as the King of Dokbayo by then.

And then, there was laughter.