[ Six ]

Age Doesn't Matter

Hi guys, finally a update after a whole month! I have 2 weeks left until exams are over~~ 

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments, I hope you like this update!

 

‘’So what will it be? Caramel latte or Americano?’’ Baekhyun kept his eyes on Taeyeon as she was looking at the menu.

 

‘’Caramel sounds good. Thanks Baekhyun.’’ Taeyeon smiled as she looked up. Baekhyun nodded and walked off to order drinks for the both of them.

 

Starbucks was busy as usual today, and there were a lot of people crowding around the café. But the both of them were situated in the corner of the shop, so they still had some privacy to themselves. Taeyeon unconsciously smiled as she studied Baekhyun’s back, scanning his jaw line from the side, how his cheekbones rose as he smiled at the waiter, his Adam’s apple, his collarbone, his hands and lean figure. Boy, he was…attractive. She was still staring at the space Baekhyun stood at until he waved his hand over her face.

 

‘’You were spacing out. Caramel latte, noona.’’ He chuckled as he put down the drink in front of her. ‘’It’s hot, be careful.’’

 

The two spent the rest of the afternoon chatting to get to know each other more, and without realizing, Taeyeon opened up to a new friend again. Taeyeon talked about school, her dreams for the future, more about Jiyong and Yuri, and even personal details about her family too. Baekhyun also revealed more about himself and his life, and Taeyeon felt younger again, even if it was just for a little while. After all, he’s young. She smiled and felt very happy to be able to have conversations with Baekhyun like this. If only she could stay like this for longer.

 

Just then, Taeyeon received a message.

 

To: Tae

 

I need your help, now!! Where are you? Come to my place asap~~ :D

 

From: Yuri

 

‘’Something wrong, noona?’’

 

Taeyeon looked up from her phone and shook her head. ‘’Oh no, but Yuri just wants me to meet her for something. I better go find out. Is it alright if we leave? Or I can leave by myself if you want to stay longer.’’

 

‘’Oh it’s fine. Do you want me to send you there?’’

 

Taeyeon was going to say sure, but she realized the fact that Yuri and Baekhyun will meet too. And for some reason, she didn’t want that to happen.

 

‘’It’s alright, I can manage myself. You should head home too since we spent a lot of time out today. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.’’ She smiled at him as they both walked out of the café.

 

Baekhyun nodded. ‘’See you tomorrow noona!’’ He waved at her and turned around the walk the opposite direction. She sighed when she felt weird that she was somehow upset about him leaving, and started to heading to Yuri’s place.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘’Tae! I need your help, come come come!’’ Yuri dragged Taeyeon into her house as Taeyeon hurriedly took her shoes off to follow her best friend into her room. Yuri put the both of them on the bed and sighed. Taeyeon looked at what was sprawled on the bed; knitting needles, wool and some design printed on paper.

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. ‘’What is going on, Yuri…?’’

 

Yuri pointed at the wool. ‘’Please teach me how to knit.’’ She sighed in frustration as she looked at Taeyeon pleadingly.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. ‘’Knit? For what, and for who? You don’t do this kind of thing…’’

 

‘’Well basically like, did I tell you? Oh I don’t think I did! Um well I actually found out that my birthday is only 2 days apart from Baekhyun’s! He suggested that we should celebrate on our ‘middle birthday’ – and I didn’t know what to get him but he mentioned that he wanted a new scarf. So I thought, wouldn’t it be so sweet if I knitted it for him instead of buying one!?’’

 

Taeyeon stared at Yuri. Something is weird. ‘’Is something going on between you two? Something you didn’t tell me about?’’

 

‘’Like what?’’ Yuri looked at Taeyeon in confusion.

 

‘’Knitting a scarf…for a guy Yul. That means something more than just friends I think…’’

 

‘’Oh my god no! Seriously, I just wanted to try this out. I mean when I see you knitting for your mom and relatives, it looks so cool and sweet. So I want to try! Can you teach me please, knitting expert?’’ Yuri smiled happily.

 

Taeyeon forced a smile. ‘’Sure, I’ll try my best.’’ How can I say no?

 

The girls spent the rest of the day trying to start the basics for Yuri’s knitting, so she could continue on when Taeyeon wasn’t around. They chatted like usual, although the content of their talks was mostly revolving around Baekhyun. Yuri had a lot of fun trying to knit, but Taeyeon’s heart was heavy the whole time.

 

At one point, Taeyeon received a message. She grinned widely when she saw it.

 

To: Taeyeon Noona

 

Hi noona, I hope you are having fun with Yuri noona! My friend is available to do my project tomorrow; I hope you will be free? ^^

 

From: Baekhyun

 

She glanced at Yuri and saw her completely focusing on her knitting, before typing a reply to Baekhyun.

 

To: Baekhyun

 

Yes I will be :) I didn’t know it’s your birthday soon…

 

Taeyeon read her message again and wondered whether she should mention it or not. She shrugged and retyped her reply.

 

To: Baekhyun

 

Yes I will be :) see you!

 

From: Taeyeon

 

‘’Done! I did these few rows, Tae!’’ Yuri clapped her hands as she shoved the wool in Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon smiled as she examined the rows Yuri knitted.

 

‘’That’s really good, Yul. I’m sure Baekhyun will like it.’’

 

Yuri chuckled and embraced Taeyeon. ‘’Thanks so much, Tae. What would I do without you?’’ She pulled back and smiled at Taeyeon again. ‘’Anyways I think I might have kept you here for quite some time…do you need to head home for dinner with your mom?’’

 

‘’Ah yes, I should be heading back. So you should be okay with continuing this, right?’’ Taeyeon stood up to get her bag as Yuri sent her off.

 

Yuri nodded. ‘’Yes, I’ll call you if there’s anything! But I’ll try my best to not bother you…’’ she smiled. ‘’Thanks again, I’ll see you tomorrow!’’

 

Taeyeon hugged Yuri and waved as she turned around to walk home. Her steps were heavy, and so was her heart. The fact that Yuri was knitting for Baekhyun, the fact that Baekhyun obviously seems to be interested in Yuri, and the fact that they will be celebrating their ‘’middle birthday’’ together bothered Taeyeon. She felt frustrated as she still didn’t realize why she was frustrated or why her heart sank whenever she thought about the two of them. Or why she felt light and happy when she sees Baekhyun. After Jiyong, Baekhyun was probably the second guy in her life that made her feel like that.

 

Maybe Taeyeon knew exactly what this feeling was. Maybe she just didn’t want to admit it.

 

He obviously likes Yuri. ‘’And…he’s younger than you.’’ She whispered to herself.