[ Fourteen ]

Age Doesn't Matter

A/N: Procrastination, at its best. Another update, enjoy!

 

‘’Dayummmm girl! You look so good!’’ Yuri exclaimed when Taeyeon changed into her prom dress to show Yuri.

 

The girls were in Taeyeon’s room after school on Monday, where the supposedly revision session turned into them comparing dress designs, and eventually, Yuri begging Taeyeon to show her the dress Taeyeon bought because Yuri was too impatient to wait until the night of their graduation prom.

 

Yuri jumped up and examined Taeyeon’s dress. ‘’Your taste is so good, this looks perfect on you. You’re going to look so beautiful, I bet.’’ Yuri winked at Taeyeon and they laughed.

 

‘’Actually Yul…’’

 

‘’Hmm?’’

 

‘’I’m not the one with good taste.’’

 

Yuri looked at Taeyeon with a confused expression. ‘’What do you mean?’’

 

‘’Actually, Baek. I mean, Baekhyun, chose this dress for me.’’

 

‘’Oh.’’

 

‘’We bumped into each other at the mall, and he insisted on picking a dress for me. So…here it is.’’

 

Yuri smiled. ‘’He does have good taste. I mean, he likes me, come on.’’ Yuri laughed loudly as she walked over to lie down on Taeyeon’s bed.

 

‘’Yul…I need to confess something.’’

 

Upon hearing that, Yuri straightened up. Taeyeon walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, being very careful to not crease the dress.

 

‘’I…actually, I…like someone.’’ Taeyeon gulped.

 

‘’Go on...’’ Yuri watched Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath and closed her eyes. ‘’IlikeBaekhyun.’’

 

Silence.

 

She slowly opened her eyes, and saw Yuri staring at her with her eyes and mouth wide open.

 

‘’Wha-what?’’

 

‘’I’m so sorry Tae! I didn’t mean to talk about him in that way, oh god, you must have been so upset when I told you about him confessi-‘’

 

Taeyeon chuckled. ‘’It’s alright, Yul. I mean, I know you like Jiyong oppa. So at least it’s not a mutual thing, which means I still have a chance. God that was so horrible of me.’’

 

Yuri slowly nodded. ‘’That was.’’ They both laughed.

 

‘’So are you going to tell him?’’

 

Taeyeon sighed. ‘’When the time is right.’’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Before the girls could further discuss about Taeyeon’s dilemma with confessing to Baekhyun, their final exams of high school finally started. Baekhyun sent messages to Taeyeon and Yuri the day before the first day of the seniors’ exams to wish them good luck, and that was the last time they talked since exams started. Baekhyun carried on with his life with his own friends, and the three of them didn’t once contact each other because the girls were too occupied with their work, and Baekhyun understood that.

 

It was only a matter of time, until they drifted away from each other.

 

Towards the end of their stressful examination period, Yuri and Taeyeon agreed to revise together again as usual at Taeyeon’s place so they could help each other improve their weaknesses in the subject. Yuri arrived a little earlier before dinner time, and Taeyeon opened the door to reveal a panting Yuri.

 

‘’Were you really desperate to revise? You’re panting, Yul.’’ Taeyeon laughed. ‘’Look at your sweat.’’

 

Yuri waved her hand in Taeyeon’s face. ‘’I had dance practice, remember. But Tae-‘’ She calmed down her breathing pace and headed towards Taeyeon’s room.

 

‘’What did you want to say?’’ Taeyeon followed after and sat down on her bed.

 

‘’Tae. I don’t know if this is true, and I hope it’s not, and I hope you won’t be affected by this because this must be a ridiculous jok-‘’

 

‘’Get on with it, Yul.’’ Taeyeon cut her off and chuckled.

 

‘’Baekhyun is leaving. Leaving Korea. For good.’’

 

Taeyeon stopped laughing from shock. ‘’What did you say?’’ she whispered as she looked at Yuri in horror.

 

Yuri took a deep breath and spoke calmly. ‘’Kai and Sehun were waiting for the dance room after me and when they walked in, I heard them talking about buying presents for Baekhyun. I thought it was weird, because it was just his birthday not so long ago. So I asked the two of them-‘’

 

‘’Wait sorry. Who’s Kai and Sehun?’’

 

‘’Oh, right. They’re Baekhyun’s friends, and I was their prefect too. They’re in the dance club as well.’’

 

‘’Ah, okay. Sorry, continue.’’

 

‘’Right, where was I? Oh, yes. I asked them about buying presents and was about to give them a suggestion when they told me that it wasn’t for his birthday.’’ Yuri stared at Taeyeon. ‘’It’s for Baekhyun’s farewell party.’’

 

Taeyeon looked down at the floor whilst she fiddled with her fingers, trying to stop herself from tearing up. ‘’Why?’’ she whispered.

 

‘’The boys said that apparently Baekhyun’s father got a new job somewhere in the States because he got promoted. So the whole family is moving there. For good.’’

 

Yuri leaned forward to hug Baekhyun. ‘’I’m so sorry, Tae.’’

 

Taeyeon couldn’t hold it in and started sobbing on Yuri’s shoulder. ‘’I can’t. I can’t tell him anymore.’’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After some sobbing, some revision, some dinner, some more sobbing, more revision, and more sobbing – the girls decided to call it a day. Yuri gave Taeyeon one last hug, a really long one, before leaving the house and ordered Taeyeon to call Yuri if there was anything – even if it was just listening to Taeyeon’s cries. But of course, Yuri added, she hopes it won’t be necessary.

 

‘’Thanks Yul. Good luck with revising. I think we did alright today. Sorry, for wetting your shirt again and again.’’ Taeyeon sniffed.

 

Yuri patted Taeyeon’s head. ‘’Anything for my best friend. Anywhere and anytime. I’ll see you soon. Good luck to you too, Tae.’’ She smiled and walked away from the house as Taeyeon shut the door.

 

Taeyeon sighed as she jumped onto her bed to stare at the ceiling. After some intense staring-at-the-ceiling time, Taeyeon plucked up the courage and grabbed her phone from her bedside table. She quickly typed in a message and threw her phone onto her bed beside her. Taeyeon sighed again as she walked to the bathroom to take a shower, hopefully to calm herself down.

 

To: Baekhyun

 

Is it true that you’re leaving Korea, for good? Is there really nothing, no one who can make you stay?

 

From: Taeyeon