[ Thirteen ]

Age Doesn't Matter

‘’Are you sure you don’t want to come along?’’

 

Yuri shook her head for the third time. ‘’Just pick something nice for me if you see anything. Sorry, Tae. I’m just not in the mood right now, you know. I’m going to do some revision to get my mind off it.’’

 

‘’Alright then. I’ll send you some photos if I see anything.’’ Taeyeon smiled and hugged Yuri. She then bid goodbye and walked away as Yuri shut her front door.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri were seniors now, and that meant their final exams were approaching. But other than that, their graduation prom was approaching fast too. As a break from revision, Taeyeon decided to go visit the mall to look for her prom dress and asked Yuri to go with her. However, since Yuri was still suffering from the, hopefully temporary, I-got-rejected-by-Jiyong-so-I-hate-life disorder, Taeyeon was heading out alone for now.

 

Taeyeon arrived at the first shop that caught her eye and tried on a few dresses she saw, but none looked good enough on her. She simply asked the shop owner if she could take a few photos for her friend, and sent some suitable dresses to Yuri. Taeyeon thanked the owner and set off to another shop.

 

She set off to the next shop she found, but there was nothing she liked. Not in the next shop. And not in the shop after that one either.

 

‘’Thank you.’’ Taeyeon said to the shop owner as she walked out empty handed, again. She sighed. Taeyeon decided to take a break from trying on so many dresses, and approached a nearby café.

 

Taeyeon ordered and went to find a seat and focused on sending the photos she took earlier of the dresses to Yuri. A while later, Taeyeon’s coffee and a piece of blueberry cheesecake was placed on the table, which caused Taeyeon to look up from her phone.

 

‘’I didn’t order the-‘’ her eyes widened as she saw the person who placed the cheesecake on the table, and smiled after realization.

 

‘’It’s on me.’’ Baekhyun smiled as sat opposite Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and nodded. ‘’Thank you.’’ She took a bite from the cheesecake. ‘’What brings you here?’’

 

‘’I’ve been stalking noona.’’ Baekhyun smirked as he grabbed the fork from Taeyeon and took another bite.

 

Taeyeon slightly choked from her coffee when she heard Baekhyun’s reason, plus realizing that the two of them just shared an indirect kiss from eating from the same fork.

 

Baekhyun laughed. ‘’I’m kidding, noona. I was just at the book shop buying a textbook I lost last week.’’ He handed some tissues to Taeyeon. ‘’What are you up to here?’’

 

Taeyeon wiped . ‘’I’m just here to look for prom dresses, but I haven’t found any yet.’’ She stared at Baekhyun, and as if she read his mind, she added: ‘’And Yuri isn’t here because she wants to stay at home to revise.’’

 

Baekhyun shook his head. ‘’I didn’t ask you anything, noona.’’

 

Taeyeon shrugged. ‘’I was just saying.’’

 

Baekhyun sighed and stood up to offer a hand to Taeyeon. ‘’Come on, get up.’’

 

Taeyeon slowly stood up too. ‘’What’s happening…?’’

 

Baekhyun smirked and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand. ‘’I’m going to find you the perfect dress.’’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dress after dress, and dress after dress – the two still couldn’t find one that was good enough. Taeyeon sighed loudly.

 

‘’It’s alright, noona. We still have time, at least for today. Let’s go look around again.’’

 

Taeyeon sighed again. ‘’I’ve tried on so many dresses today, Baek. I think I’m going to die of exhaustion. I much rather revise, now that I think about it.’’

 

Baekhyun laughed. ‘’As if you would, noona. Revision is more interesting than spending time with me? Oh god, I feel insulted.’’

 

Taeyeon blushed and waved her hands in denial. ‘’No no no no! I didn’t mean it that way. I meant-‘’

 

Baekhyun cut her off by patting her head. ‘’Kidding, noona. Calm down.’’ He chuckled as he looked away to the opposite shop, where he suddenly pointed towards a particular shop.

 

‘’Noona! Look at that dress on display!’’ This caused Taeyeon to look up, and before she knew it, Baekhyun was already dragging her over to the shop to take a closer look.

 

‘’Whoa.’’ Taeyeon simply said.

 

‘’Seriously wow. This is going to look great on you, noona! Come on, let’s go in.’’ Baekhyun smiled and dragged Taeyeon in.

 

‘’Are you done changing yet?’’ Baekhyun impatiently asked as he skimmed through the other dresses in the store.

 

‘’Yes.’’ The curtain opened, and Taeyeon walked out of the changing room for Baekhyun to take a closer look. The white dress fitted Taeyeon perfectly. Although she protested at first because the dress was in white and she complained about how she didn’t want to make it seem like she hosting a wedding or anything (it was only graduation prom, for god’s sake) – but you had to admit – this dress was perfect, this dress was THE dress.

 

Baekhyun’s mouth was open for about 5 minutes now. ‘’Wow.’’ His voice slightly croaked. Taeyeon and the shop owner laughed.

 

‘’I mean. Seriously, wow. You look so good in this, noona. You really….you look really beautiful.’’ He smiled genuinely. Taeyeon blushed and turned away from him to pretend to look at herself in the mirror.

 

‘’Re-really?’’

 

Baekhyun walked towards Taeyeon and the both of them looked at each other in the mirror. He nodded and put his hands on Taeyeon’s shoulders. ‘’Really.’’ They smiled.

 

Taeyeon’s heart was beating fast. This is it. Do it, Tae. She took a deep breath and turned around, facing Baekhyun again.

 

‘’Baek…can I ask you for a favour?’’ Taeyeon carefully asked.

 

‘’Sure. What is it?’’ he smiled.

 

‘’Can you wait for me until my exams are over? I have something important to tell you.’’