[ One ]

Age Doesn't Matter

It was Saturday morning, and Taeyeon was back in Korea from her school vacation. Every year, her school would organize trips for students to go somewhere else around the world, or stay in Korea to do community service or plan projects. The main point was for students to meet new friends and bring back unforgettable memories. 


This year, Taeyeon and her best friend, Yuri, were separated to go on different trips. Taeyeon just got back from Japan, and had an amazing time bonding with younger students and experiencing the beautiful Japanese culture, whilst Yuri was off to supervise an adventure camp for younger students as a prefect. 

As Taeyeon waited to collect her luggage at the airport, she took her phone out and texted Yuri. 



To: Yuri
Did you miss me? :) I hope you didn't bully the younger kids at the adventure camp!

From: Tae



A message came back almost immediately.


To: Tae
I was just about to text you! Let's meet for lunch, I have lots to tell you! :D

From: Yuri


Taeyeon smiled, and quickly typed her reply.


To: Yuri
Meet me at my house later! x

From: Tae



Taeyeon put her phone back into her pocket, and walked out of the airport with her luggage as she bid farewells to her teachers and fellow students. She quickly got into a taxi and headed straight home.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As Taeyeon was on her laptop catching up on all the latest news and YouTube videos she missed out over the past week, the doorbell rang. She rushed off to open the door, and was greeted with a big hug that almost suffocated her. Taeyeon breathed in the person's hair and recognized Yuri's perfume.


Taeyeon chuckled. "Yuri-ah, I can't breathe."


Yuri pulled away and smiled. "I missed you love! How was Japan?" She walked over to sit down on the bed as Taeyeon shut the door. 


Taeyeon plopped down next to her and lied on the bed. "It was really good! So beautiful too, I wish you went with me." She sighed and looked at her best friend. "So you said you had a lot to tell me? Why, was it that bad?" Taeyeon laughed.


Yuri grinned. "Actually, it was surprisingly amazing. I met someone."


Taeyeon sat up and her eyes widened. "Who? Another prefect? So that's someone in our year! Oh my god who is it? Who went...Youngbae? Yunho? Or-"


Yuri laughed. "No Tae, I didn't mean it that way. I mean, I met a new friend." Taeyeon waited and gestured Yuri to go on. "He's one of the guys in my group that I prefected for. He's like 3 years younger than us, and his name is Baekhyun. But oh my, he is the most adorable guy ever! Can't even match up to my ex-boyfriends, seriously." 


"Are you in love? I thought younger guys wasn't your thing..." 


Yuri glanced at Taeyeon. "No, no. Not that. But he's just really nice and cute, and I really should introduce him to you! You’ll like him too, I bet.” Yuri winked.

 

Taeyeon smiled. “You know younger boys aren’t my thing…they’re too immature.”

 

“We’ll see, we’ll see.” Yuri smiled, and the girls continued to catch up with each other and talked about all the things that happened during their trips to different places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘’Catch me if you wanna~~’’

 

Taeyeon’s alarm woke her up on a Monday morning. She slowly opened her eyes and shifted to take a closer look at the digital clock beside her. 07:00.

 

‘’Argh, it’s so early.’’ She groaned.

 

As if on cue, her phone rang in her ears. Taeyeon reached for her phone on the bedside table without even looking at the caller ID.

 

‘’Hello?’’ Taeyeon groggily asked.

 

‘’GOOD MORNING TAETAE! I’m right outside your door so get up and meet me now! Or I’m charging in!’’

 

Taeyeon winced. ‘’Yuri, calm down. The whole neighbourhood can hear you. Meet you in 10.’’ Without waiting for Yuri’s response, Taeyeon hung up. After sitting on her bed and staring into space for a few more minutes, Taeyeon finally proceeded to get ready for school.

 

As she opened the door, she was welcomed by another bear hug from her best friend. ‘’Yuri…oxygen.’’

 

‘’Oh right, sorry. Got a little too excited!’’ Yuri chuckled.

 

Taeyeon laughed. ‘’Not just a little. But Yul, what’s with the excitement? Its Monday…’’

 

‘’Exactly best friend! Now let’s go, we can’t be late for school!’’ Yuri dragged Taeyeon along the pathway as Taeyeon hurriedly shut her front door.

 

The girls walked side by side as they head to school, their arms linking. ‘’Yul, you owe me some explanation I think?’’ Taeyeon turned to look at her best friend.

 

‘’What?’’ Yuri blinked rapidly.

 

Taeyeon sighed. ‘’About why you woke me up at 7am today, and- wait. Did you put makeup on today?’’

 

Yuri chuckled. ‘’Just a little more than usual.’’

 

‘’There’s something I don’t know about….’’

 

‘’Well, remember the guy, kid, whatever, I told you about last time? I just wanted to introduce you to him today!’’ Yuri said with a wide smile on her face.

 

‘’Yeah, alright. That’s cool. But your makeup…’’

 

‘’Okay well. You know how I’m like a ‘’noona’’ to him, so I just want to, you know, SHOW him that I am more mature and more charming than those other girls. I mean, there were girls in his year that just had ‘’I AM A ’’ on their foreheads.’’

 

‘’You’re trying to impress a kid.’’ Taeyeon stated bluntly.

 

‘’No, no. Tae, it’s not THAT. Just acting my age, that’s all. Besides, you put makeup everyday too!’’

 

‘’Yeah well, that’s been a habit for me. I don’t put a lot anyway.’’

 

‘’Okay. I mean, what’s wrong? Is this wrong?’’ Yuri stopped walking and looked down.

 

Taeyeon softened and hugged Yuri. ‘’Of course not, Yul. I was just curious, that’s all. Now, introduce me to this Woohyun guy.’’ Taeyeon smiled as Yuri looked up.

 

‘’It’s Baekhyun, Tae.’’

 

Taeyeon laughed. ‘’My bad. Anyways, let’s go.’’

 

Yuri nodded, and continued to walk.

 

‘’And Yul?’’

 

Yuri turned around to see Taeyeon still standing in the same place.

 

‘’You look beautiful today.’’ The girls smiled at each other, as Taeyeon walked over to catch up with Yuri.