Mind Blown

What Makes a Rock Star

We stopped in front of her room. Once again, I waited for her to go in. I thought my night would finally end until she let go of the knob and faced me. I raised my eyebrow curiously. Now what?

 

She was looking down when cleared and spoke.

 

“Yul, mind if I show you something?”


 

What Makes a Rock Star


 

Chapter 16

(Mind Blown)


 

I sat awkwardly at the chair of Jessica’s study table, my hands on my lap like a disciplined child. My eyes roamed the room as I started fidgeting.

 

“Jessica! Can you go slower than that? Because we have all night and we don’t have to wake early for practice tomorrow morning!” I shouted sarcastically as I wiped the sweat on my forehead. Jessica’s room was cold but I was feeling anxious just sitting there, waiting for her to come out. I didn’t know why my body’s acting that way. I guess that was the difference between spending time in Jessica's room with her sleeping than with her actually awake.

 

To be honest, I was surprised when she offered to wait inside her room as she prepared whatever it was she wanted to show me. Especially since I knew that she didn’t want to admit that she’s our fan and she had a Cliché fan-sanctuary as her room. What’s amusing was the way she was trying so hard not to look embarrassed when I entered her room. Of course, I acted like it was my first time to see it. She’ll probably torture me if she finds out I entered her room without permission.

 

“Looks like we have a fan here, eh?” I smiled at her menacingly, faking amazement.

 

“What? It’s not like I liked your band because of you, Stupid.” She scoffed defensively but her cheeks that blushed so hard gave her away. I snickered. She rolled her eyes before warning me to wait for here silently and to not dare touch anything without her permission. Then she went inside what I assumed was a walk-in closet, carrying a large carton box. I identified it as the one she brought with her when she arrived. Now, she’s been inside there for about thirty minutes now while I die here from both boredom and anticipation.

 

“Jessica faster!” I shouted impatiently.

 

“Wait! I’m trying to! Stop pressuring me!”

 

I huffed irritably. I still didn’t have any idea what she wanted to show me. And my mind seemed to be drifting to thinking of naughty things as I wondered what it was. I mean, she took me to her room telling me that she’ll show me something, didn’t she?

 

More naughty images came to my mind and I immediately rubbed my cheeks to erase the red that tinted them because of the thoughts. Damn it, Yul! Stop being y!

 

“BRAT!!!!!!!”

 

“FOR GOD’S SAKE, BALDY! SHUT UP!”

 

I groaned in frustration and slumped back on the chair. That’s when my eyes drifted on her desk and saw a pile of unfolded papers pinned down by a music box.  Beside it lies half-opened envelopes. Letters , I realized. Were these the letters she takes out of her locker every morning? She … actually reads them? 

 

“Yul, I’m going out now.” Jessica’s voice echoed in the room but I was too preoccupied by the letters to care. Curiosity get ahead of me.  I reached out for a pile; grabbing about five-six letters. It won’t hurt if I peek, right?

 

I found myself gulping unconsciously as I stared at the letters on my hand. I was about to open one when I heard the clicking of the doorknob. I jerked on my seat and did a double take. My elbows hit the music box and it started making sounds. ()

 

!

 

“Yul, what’s that? Did you just touch my music box?! I told you to not touch anything!”

 

“I-I-I didn’t. It played by itself.” I said, faking innocence. I instinctively straightened my back, trying to look as casual as possible. I gulped in anticipation when the door started creaking, faint lights flashing from inside the closet. In my mind, I was thinking of possible alibis.

 

Jessica’s head popped from the opening. Luckily, she’s looking at something below, not paying attention to me.

 

Then I realized I was still holding the letters.

 

Double !

 

“Sorry to make you wait. This thing is really hard to~”

 

I didn’t hear the rest of what she was saying. I twisted on my seat, looking for any possible place where I could put the letters without Jessica noticing it.

 

! ! !

 

She started walking out and with panic; I turned slightly to my back and slid the letters on the slit on my jeans. She hadn’t read them yet so she probably wouldn't know I took them.

 

“Yul? Are you listening?”

 

“Yeah.” I muttered before I sighed in relief, my back still facing her. That was close!

 

“Then freaking face me and actually look at it!” She whined.

 

‘She manipulates. She cries. She whines. Jajan! Sheeee’s Brat Queeeen Jeesssicaaaa!’ 

 

“Then freakin face me and look at~” I mimicked her mockingly but my voice faded when my eyes finally set on her.

 

Jessica was talking as she walked towards me but her voices seemed like a muffle. I couldn’t comprehend anything she was saying. She successfully overwhelmed my senses.

 

Everything was on a blurry haze. It was like she’s the only one existing. My sight was my only working senses and the uncontrollably fluttering of my heart was the only sensation I could feel. Jessica was so stunning that I doubted if I was even breathing during that moment.


 

 

A/N: Just imagine her with less make-up


 

“Breathtaking.” I whispered breathlessly.                                                                                             

 

She walked in front of me, looking at me expectantly.

 

I couldn’t look away. I was fully aware of her hands waving in front of my face but I couldn’t move. Damn you stupid body! Why won’t you move?!!

 

I was pretty sure my mouth was hanging open but all I could do was to blink my eyes. It was the best effort I could do to wake myself up.

 

“Yul? Yuri? Baldy!” I could hear Jessica now. She snapped her fingers twice in front of my face. “Hey weirdo! Mind to talk? That's actually why I asked you to come here.” She said irritably.

 

I needed to blink my eyes thrice and to shake my head in order to finally snap out of whatever witchcraft she used on me and looked at her blankly.

 

“Well?”

 

“I-I-You-I…” I craned my neck to the side and asked, “What were you saying?”

 

“Oh. Good heavens.” She groaned, looking up in frustration. She rolled her eyes at me and walked away. She unfolded her hands before turning gracefully in front of me. I fell in daze once again.

 

“What do you think?” I heard her say.

 

“E-Eh?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked dumbly.

 

“About the dress?” She pointed out with a matter of fact tone and rolled her eyes.

 

Oh.

 

I found myself inching backward trying to position my body as far away from her as possible. “It’s… ahmmm… It’s… It’s.. err…” I tried but I couldn’t seem to find the right words to say.

 

“What?!!” She demanded in annoyance.

 

“It’s… It’s beautiful.” I managed.

 

Finally.

 

Her expression immediately changed, like the bipolar that she is. Her expression brightened. Then she smiled to herself. A smile so beautiful that all I could think as I looked at her was innocence. Wickedly mind-blowing innocence.

 

“You’re so beautiful.” I unconsciously added before I could stop myself.

                                                                                                                          

I noticed her smile faded. She pressed her lips together before it parted slightly away from each other, creating an attractive thin line across her lips. That’s when I realized that I was only focusing on her lips.

 

I was mesmerized by her.

 

And like my mind went on short-circuit, I stood up from my seat and started slowly walking towards her. She looked at me confusedly. I heard her mutter words but my mind was ignoring all of them. Before I knew it, I was standing only inches away in front of her, staring at her lips. My fingers trailed the side of her jaw, stopping below the tip of her chin before tilting it up.  Then I started bending down.

 

I knew something was not right with what I was doing but my body was moving on its own accord. Slowly inched my face closer to hers, lessening the gap between our lips, bringing them closer and closer to each other.  I could smell the sweet fragrance of her perfume as I stared at her lips with half-lidded eyes.

 

I was seconds away from taking her lips when she suddenly jerked and took a small step backward.

 

That’s the only time I managed to make myself momentarily stop looking at her lips and looked her in the eyes just before they started closing. 

 

That’s when it hit me.

 

What I saw was something I didn’t expect but should have.

 

I saw the same pleading eyes I saw on the innocent blonde girl I took advantage of in GG club.

 

I immediately retracted my hands and backed away. I looked at the ground shamefully.

 

Then I laughed.

 

I laughed hysterically, holding on my stomach. “That’s so funny, Jessica! You should have seen your face!” I exclaimed, masking my guilt with fake humor.

 

Jessica looked at me with a confused expression. 

 

“I was joking! You didn’t actually think I would kiss you, did you? Hahaha!” I faked laughter again.

 

She opened to speak but was still perplexed with what happened to actually say something. I felt a pang of guilt when I saw a glint of hurt on her eyes. 

 

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Sorry to trick you, Jessica.” I said in between breaths, as I pretended to catch my breath. “You tricked me before too. I’m just getting my payback.” I said cockily. I put my hands in my pocket and walked to the door. The humor on my face immediately faded as soon as I knew she could no longer see my face. “But kidding aside,” I stopped and held on the knob behind me. “You really did look beautiful in that dress.” I glanced at her over my shoulder. “I'll see you tomorrow morning for practice." I forced a smile before closing the door behind me.

 

I leaned my back on the surface of the door, one hand still tightly holding the doorknob while the other clutching on my temples. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath before whispering in the air. “Why the hell did you try to kiss her, Kwon Yuri?”

 

I let go of the knob and walked to my room, wishing so bad that Jessica took my previous act as a prank; like how I wanted both her and myself to believe.  


 

 


“In every man’s heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.”

— 

Christopher Morley

 


As promise. I hope it satisfied you. Somehow....

A/N: I believe there's a right time for everything XD

Guys? Are you hating Sica's character? Please don't. :(

Please do comment. 

Thank you all for reading. Specials thank to dhenfany, Cla-Rice125, and jessefany92 for upvoting!