A Time To Be Serious

What Makes a Rock Star

As soon as I'm outside, I took out my phone and texted Taeyeon, asking him to fetch me. Then I dialed my phone for my innocent angel and waited for her to answer.

 

"Hello? Seo? Did I wake you up?... Oh. Great... Nothing. I just want to hear your voice.... What!? No. I'm not. That's nothing... Yeah... So listen. Seo, can I ask you something? It's important and I need your answer tonight."  


 

What Makes a Rock Star


 

Chapter 13

(A Time To Be Serious)


 

“How’s everything?” The first question I asked him when we arrived at our usual hang out. Taeyeon offered me a cup of coffee before opening his can of beer.

 

“It’s alright. We’re doing okay for now since we don’t have promotions to do.”

 

“Did the CEO ask anything about me?”

 

“No apparently she trusts that you wouldn’t do something stupid against her. Speaking of. How’s the composing thing going?”

 

I shook my head disheartedly. “I can’t think of something to write about and the music just isn’t coming. I honestly don’t know what I’ll do about that freaking contract. Sunny is really something. I’m starting to feel that she planned this to keep chained to the company.”

 

“Should I thank her for that?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “We’ve talked about this, Taeyeon.” I said, dismissively.

 

He was quiet after that; looking at nowhere in particular.

 

“So, how are you and Tiffany?” I said breaking the silence.

 

“The same.” He shrugged his shoulder and smiled bitterly. Then he looked down with a weary expression, shaking the can of beer on his hands slightly to distract himself. “She misses you.”

 

“Have you told her?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not? Taeng, nothing will happen if~”

 

“I know.”

 

“But why don’t~”

 

“How could I tell her if every time I tried to, she would whine about you!” He snapped all of a sudden, breathing heavily.  

 

It was surprising. I’ve never seen Taeyeon lose his calm before.

 

Realizing he had lost his composure, he sighed dejectedly. “I don’t know what to do with her, Yul. I hate to say this but I feel like I’m starting to get jealous of you because of her.”

 

I sighed too. “You know Taeng. If she really is in love with me, there’s only one thing you should do.” He looked up, looking at me with anticipation. “Save her from the heartache. I love her but I don’t think I can love her more than as a sister.”

 

“But I don’t know how to do that.”

 

“If you can’t say it to her directly, show her. Show her how much you love her. Show her you’re much better than me and wait for her patiently. It might take time. You have no assurance that she’ll love you too but at least you can say you did something.” I told him thoughtfully.

 

He sighed and for a moment we just leaned on the hood of the car as we watched the stars; I was drinking my coffee and him sipping what’s left of his beer.

 

“So what happened?” Taeyeon asked out of nowhere.

 

I inhaled deeply and told him what happened. I even elaborate what felt. I thought he would side with me; I was surprised when I heard his reaction.

 

“That’s it?” Taeyeon asked before having another sip of his beer.

 

“What do you mean ‘that’s it’? That girl is hopeless! After all I did for her, how dare she treat me like that?!” I asked crumpling the cup of coffee before throwing them forcefully because of frustration.

 

“Didn’t you say she’s already pissed when she came home? Don’t you think she was just so stressed and then you were there, you pissed her off more and that made her snap.” He said in a matter of fact manner, showing no sympathy for me.

 

“Maybe! But that’s not enough for her to insult me! That girl even called me stupid. I feel that Tae. It burns!” I said defensively. I turned my back on Taeyeon, as I hold to my chest like my heart was hurting. “If only you were there Taeng. He mocked me not only as a person but as a rock star. That’s just too much.” I know I’m being a little over dramatic but I have the need for Taeyeon’s approval. Actually, anyone’s approval will do as long as I have an ally because even the voice from the back of my mind echoes ‘Go back!’ and ‘You’re wrong!’

 

I faced Taeyeon and my expression turned into a scowl. He raised an eyebrow, eyeing me in a bored manner. “You don’t know?”

 

“Huh?” I cocked my head to the side, not understanding his answer.

 

“That you really are stupid.”

 

At first, I thought he was mocking me but he was not. He’s looking at me with all seriousness.

 

“You did something to that girl; something more dreadful than what she did to you. If you will ask me, you deserve more than that. You told her you’ll do anything to make it up to her, Yul. That’s why stop making excuses to abandon her. No matter how much she insults you or even if she treats you badly, you have no right to leave her. It’s not a matter of who’s right or wrong. It’s not a matter of who breach the contract and who didn’t. It’s about being man enough to accept that somewhere along the line you were wrong and it’s your responsibility to make it right.” He stood beside me and patted my back in a comforting manner. “You’re a good guy Yul. I know, you don’t think so but you are. Believe me. You can do better than this.”

 

I sighed. He’s right as always. “What should I do then?”

 

“I don’t know.” He replied nonchalantly.

 

“Taeng, I’m serious! I don’t have any idea what to do.”

 

“But the answer’s right in front of you.” He said, like it’s obvious.

 

I narrowed my eyes and scanned the sight in front of me. I tried making out all the details but I could only see a pretty boy midget. I raised my eyebrow. “That can’t be the answer.” He rolled his eyes and took his last sip. “Taeng! I’ve tried to help you with Tiffany, now help me. I don’t think I can go back there just like that!” I pleaded in desperation.

 

“Hhhhmm..” He said, putting his thumb and index finger on his chin, his eyebrows furrowed while thinking. “I have an idea.”

 

“Jinjja? What is it?” I asked with sudden enthusiasm.

 

He gave me a malicious grin. “When I tell you, you can’t back down. Are you sure you want to know?”

 

I gulped. I have a bad feeling about this but I have to gamble.

 

“Yes.”

 

---

 

“Yah! Can you freaking drive faster! I don’t think I can hold him any longer!”

 

"Shut up Soo. Why are you hurrying anyway? It’s not like he can untangle himself.” 

 

“How could I not freaking hurry? The longer he stays like this the greater the chance he freaking kills me after this!”

 

“You’re so loud Soo! Keep calm okay? I can't focus on the road.” Hyo pointed out irritably.

 

“Keep calm? You want me to KEEP freaking CALM!? You’re not the one who freaking sacked freaking Kwon Yuri! If I get my pretty face beat up, I’ll make sure I’ll freaking kick your until it’s freaking flat as mine!”

 

“Did you just threaten me?!”

 

“Yes I did! And I will not hesitate to do that!”

 

I could hear Soo and Hyo bickering but I could barely comprehend them. The thought of going back to Jung's mansion was keeping my head preoccupied.

 

I continued struggling against the rope on my arm as I tried to loosen the piece of cloth that covered my mouth. I could barely move. Hyo was driving the car.  Soo was freaking out. And my ears may explode any moment.

 

I groaned in frustration. That midget! I couldn’t believe he would do something like this to me!  I thought he’d come up with some extravagant idea but he only said that I should go back and apologize to Jessica personally. He said it’ll be best that way; the simpler the better. He knew that I wouldn’t like his plan but he had planned ahead of me. Before I could even say no, I was tackled on the ground by the Shikshin and the Choding. I was surprised. I didn’t even notice Taeyeon calling them beforehand. The next thing I knew, my hands were tied behind my back and I was inside a sack, being carried to the car.  

 

“Hyo, are we there yet?” I heard Soo asking.

 

I stopped moving, listening attentively to them.  ‘Please don’t be there yet. I’m not ready!’ I screamed inside my mind. I could feel sweat starting to form. My heart was beating faster because of anxiety.

 

“I don’t have any idea. Based on this map it should be around here somewhere.” Hyo said in an unsure manner.

 

The bag started to feel suffocating for me. I mumbled angrily against my restraints and began squirming again, trying to wriggle my way out of the bag

 

“Hyo! He’s moving again!”

 

 “And?”

 

“What should I do with him?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“….Should I kick him?”

 

My eyes widened. I started to move rashly inside the bag. I need to get out of here.

 

“…”

 

“I will let you kick him too.” Soo offered.

 

Now, I'm really moving. As in having-a-seizure moving. Damn I hate this! I will torture Taeyeon after this!

 

“Hyoooo.”

 

Why do I have a feeling that Hyo was considering it?!

 

“Hyo!”

 

“HYOOO!”

 

Oh my dear Sooyoung. Say your last prayer.

 

"HYOOOOYEON!"

 

“Shut up! We’re near. Let him struggle all he wants!” Hyo shouted irritably.

 

I exhaled in relief. I heard Sooyoung groan in disappointment. “Just when I thought I could finally have my payback time.” He whined.

 

Oh don’t worry. Someone will definitely get his payback later. I will!

 

The car stopped and I felt a tugging sensation from the top of the bag. “Holy cow! He’s too heavy! Hyo, come here! I need your help!” Sooyoung shouted.

 

Seconds later, I heard Hyo’s voice. “Yul. We’re really sorry about this but Taeyeon instructed us. He said that this is the only way we can make you apologize without you running away. I know this would be very embarrassing but you have to do this, okay? Taeyeon said it’s the only way you can come back to us. I don’t know why he said that but I trust him. You should too.”

 

“Yeah. Taeyeon is the best when it comes to these things Yul…. And speaking of. Why did that midget left us again?”

 

“Because he needs to cook dinner for Tiffany.” Hyo answered dryly.

 

“Oh. Dinner….”

 

I felt my body being lifted from the floor. I didn’t move. As much as I wanted to, my weigh created friction with the bag, making moving painful. The moment I felt my body come in contact with the cold solid cement, I heard Hyo speak.

 

“Close your mouth Soo. You’re drooling.”

 

“Can you blame me?! You freaking mentioned dinner when I’m hungry!”

 

“Shut up Soo. Just go take our bribes while I’ll go introduce myself.” I heard Soo sighing but he didn’t complain more. “Well, here goes nothing.” Hyo took a deep breath. I heard the doorbell sound followed by the clicking sound of the doorknob and creaking of the door.

 

“Good Evening, may I help~” I recognized the voice as one of the maids'.

 

“Oh. Hello there, pretty lady.” I heard Hyo saying in a suave tone followed by a smooching sound as he kissed her hand. The image made my toe curl automatically. Jinjja? Why do girls like that? It’s gross!

 

“…”

 

Obviously, the maid was speechless.

 

"I hope we didn't bother you, milady but I'm here for a delivery." He said, opening the sack and revealing me inside.


 

 


Special thanks to soshiyulsic for the upvote. 

Thank you all for reading. This one is sort of a filler chapter but I hope you enjoy it.

Please do comment.