Cold but Caring

My Girly Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who asks you to stick your nose into other's business?" the questioned startled Yunho as he walked out the nursery office. He immediately turned to his left to see Victoria leaning against the wall with her arms crossing on her chest while staring at him boringly.

He laughed nervously as he walked toward her "You eavesdrop?"

"Just answer straight to my question" she glared at him with her narrowed eyes.

"I just find something to do since I'm bored. Besides, I think he will need my help. You don't mind, right?" he stated playfully with a wink.

"You're so dead" claimed Victoria dangerously as she looped her arm around his neck to strangle him, causing Yunho whine loudly.

"Why are you here? You said you wouldn’t come" he asked, untangling her arm around his neck before putting his arm on her shoulder.

"Some members want to meet you so I come here to find you, of course. There is no reason for me to wait here, right?" she answered him casually as they walked side by side.

"I thought you were worrying about the pretty boy inside" teased Yunho, earning a punch on his ribs.

Little did they know, their close moment was seen and Jaejoong couldn't help pouting at how comfortable Victoria was with Yunho. 'Didn't he say he would help me? Why does he stick at her like that?' he thought with jealousy as he looked the two slowly disappearing from his sight.

^______________________^

Just like yesterday, Jaejoong stayed back at school to practice after the class ended. Coincidently, the tracking club was active today so when he walked toward the tracks, eyes were on him.

"Hey Jaejoong, what are you doing here?" Yunho shouted as soon as he saw the pretty boy coming.

"I'm gonna running. What's the matter?" he asked nervously as his eyes dashed to Victoria who was busy to instruct other new members.

"Do you want to join us?" asked the taller guy caringly.

"Why?" Jaejoong questioned back in surprise.

"If you want to win Victoria, practice alone won't help. There are techniques you have to learn, too" Yunho chuckled knowingly.

"Alright" the shorter agreed quickly as he followed the vice president to the tracks.

"Victoria" Yunho shouted, getting her attention as she wasn't really far away from them.

"What?" she shouted back as she looked at the stopwatch.

"New member is here. Don’t' you help him?" he informed cheekily, causing Victoria to look at their direction before showing no interest in helping the new guy Jaejoong.

"I'm busy. Don't you see? Do it yourself. I'll help him next time" she stated while writing down on the record tablet and a smile curved on the pretty boy's lips when he heard her saying so.

"It seems like you don't have luck today. You've to practice with me" laughed Yunho as he positioned himself on the track "Come here, watch me and do the same"

Jaejoong nodded and quickly followed suit.

"Set. Ready. Go" as soon as the statement finished, Yunho immediately ran, leaving Jaejoong dumbstruck. Others watched the two, bursting into laugh as Jaejoong didn't make any move. Victoria whistled, signaling for Yunho to stop.

By the time the tanned guy was back to his initial position, Victoria nagged him, giving him a strong slap at his back "Stop showing off in front of newcomers, dude" but Yunho just laughed off.

When Victoria walked to other members, Yunho started talking to Jaejoong "I assume that you don't know anything about running. Am I right?" and he received a nod from the shorter guy.

"You don't do exercise, do you?" he continued.

"I don't like exercise" the other answered shortly.

"That's why you look so weak" Yunho commented, nodding his head as he walked around and studied Jaejoong from head to toe "You should go to the gym from now on to strengthen your physical. I don't think you can carry anyone with your current state"

"But I neither like gym" the pretty boy shook his head in disagree.

"Don't you want to impress her?" questioned Yunho as he titled his head toward Victoria's direction.

"Alright" Jaejoong pouted. After a small talk, Yunho taught him a few techniques about breathing control and basics parts to a running action. They began to run when Jaejoong informed that he understood.

The two guys were still running to Victoria's surprise though other club member already dismissed. She sat casually on the track watching them panting heavily. Jaejoong, who couldn’t stand anymore, fell on his feet as they were numb to him after running in hours. The tanned boy beside him carried him up and threw him over his broad shoulder and went to their belonging which was close to where his friend sat.

"No speed today?" asked Victoria as she gulped her water.

"Didn't you say not to show off earlier?" Yunho said back with a smirk as he put Jaejoong down next to her.

"Wanna race with me?" she challenged looking up at the tall guy in front of her.     

"Sure" accepted Yunho quickly as he extended his hand for Victoria to hold.

As expected, she flashed him a smirk before holding his hand for him to pull her up.

"We need records, don't we?" he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Of course" she nodded before taking out a stopwatch and threw it to Jaejoong, who was catching his breath.

"You, record the time for us" she told him as she gave him a record tablet.

"But how?" asked Jaejoong innocently as he looked at her.

"Press on this when you hear Yunho shouting 'Go' and press on it again when one of us pass the finish line then press once more when the remainder finishes. Okay?" she explained to him while showing him how to use the stopwatch.

"Arasso" the prett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter