After All

My Girly Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jaejoong ah, what’s with that face?” asked In Hwa softly as she nudged his arm. They were participating the Cooking Club after school.

“Tell me, do I look like I’m gay, In Hwa?” the beautiful boy asked sulkily.

“Eh? Why do you ask that question?” his friend questioned in surprise. In Hwa has become one of Jaejoong’s friend since they first entered the club. To be more accurate, they just exchanged a few words at first and they started being friends since the day Jaejoong changed in order to court Victoria.

“Well, I received a confession earlier and it’s from a male senior. It’s not the first time I received this kind of confession though. Well, I’m appreciated that they like me but seriously, I’m a guy for god’s sake; not to mention that I’m also straight so why do they keep coming to me? Which part of me shouts to people that I’m gay?” he completed his long complaint in one breath which made the girl beside him widen her eyes in shock.

“Umm…maybe because you’re beautiful, I guess” the girl hesitated to say the truth, knowing that he was upset.

“No, I’m not beautiful. I’m handsome. I cut my hair short and I don’t wear colorful clothes or skinny. I don’t see any part of me look like gay at all” he defended with a hard frown.

“Well, Jaejoong ah, perhaps you are so attractive that they cannot help falling for you” she comforted him kindly, trying to cheer him up.

“It sound like you are telling me that I’m gonna received the confession from male again sooner or later but thanks for comforting me. You are so nice” Jaejoong sighed exaggeratedly.

Later in the evening, Jaejoong took Victoria out for the dinner. He was still sulky with what happened in the afternoon that he didn’t touch his food. Noticing her boyfriend’s strange behavior, she spoke, getting his attention “Gwenchana?”

“I’m fine” he sighed, this time poking the steak with his folk.

“You are not hungry?” she added.

“Not really” he answered lifelessly, poking the meat with the knife this time.

“If you don’t wanna eat, then don’t eat. You shouldn’t play with food” she said, taking his cutlery away and took his dish which made him surprised but Jaejoong didn’t give any protest.

Silently, Victoria cut the meat skillfully and held one piece in front of his lips “Even if you don’t have mood, you shouldn’t skip meal. Now, say Ah~”

“But I really don’t feel like eating”

“You are down when you’re with me and now you don’t listen to me, too? You don’t love me anymore?” she asked, getting her way to make him have his dinner.

“No, it’s not that. I love you” he defended in panic, not wanting Victoria to misunderstand. He held her free hand tightly.

“I know so open your mouth, okay?” she requested, poking him with the meat.

Jaejoong nodded, opening his mouth to eat the meat. Victoria continued feeding her boyfriend until he’s full.

“You know, if you want, you can tell me anything. Don’t keep it for yourself and be y all the time like that” she said, enthusiastically having her dinner.

“You’re worried about me?” asked Jaejoong feeling happy all of sudden.

“Tsk, who care about you” denied Victoria quickly finished her meal and left. Her boyfriend who still grinned widely immediately paid for the dinner and followed her.

“So are you going to tell me what made you down today?” the caring yet cold girlfriend asked frankly once they got in her apartment.

“I received a confession from a male senior this afternoon and I was sad because he thought me gay” he blurted out.

“Well, you cannot blame him. I thought you were gay when we first met, too” she chuckled slightly at his cute sadness. To her, it’s not a big deal at all.

“No, you didn’t think so when we first met. You thought I’m a girl and in our second meet, you assumed that I’m gay” he reminded her.

“Really? I mistook you as a girl? Why didn’t I remember it? Oh my god! It’s worse” she laughed in carefree but it didn’t offend Jaejoong at all.   

“It’s because I hadn’t changed myself yet” he explained.

“Even though you changed your appearance, your face still remains the same, the beauty that every girl would desire. Thus, you can’t blame them. Who asks you to be so beautiful?” she stated the matter of fact while cupping his face dearly.

“I’m not beautiful, I’m handsome” he corrected.

“Okay, you’re good looking. Happy now?”

“You also have the same thought like them, don’t you?” asked Jaejoong giving him uneasy look. He wanted Victoria to acknowledge him as a man.

“What do you think?” she asked, raising her eyebrow in challenge.

He pouted.

“You’re my BOYfriend so don’t think so much about what others think about you” she said simply, stressing on the main word.

“So you see me as a man right now, don’t you?” he added.

“Jae, be honest with me. You’re upset not because either you receive the confession from male or they think you’re gay but because you worry that I share the same thought with them, right?” Victoria caught him off guard.

Once she noticed Jaejoong avert his eyes away from her, she knew that she was right “Don’t worry about that. You’re a man after all despite your girly face. So, don’t be sad anymore, okay?”

“Thank you” her boyfriend smiled brightly and pulled her into a tight hug.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad that I can cheer you up” she whispered, patting his back gently.

^___________________________^

“I have something to tell you so if you don’t mind, can you go somewhere with me after this?” asked In Hwa nicely, giving him a soft smile.

She has be a good friend to him so Jaejoong couldn’t have a heart to reject her “Does it take long? Because I have somewhere to go later”

“Aniya. It will just take you a little time. So can you?” she persuaded kindly with a pleading look.

“Okay” he agreed, thinking that it wouldn’t affect his dinner with Victoria. He sent a message to Victoria saying that he would go to have a small talk with his friend and wanted her to wait for him a little bit after school so that they could have dinner together later. Just a few second passed and Victoria replied him with a simply ‘Okay’ text.

 “So what do you wanna tell me?” Jaejoong questioned innocently once they settled down in a café in front of the university after class.

“Jaejoong ah, what do you think about me?” the girl shyly asked while sipping her cappuccino nervously.

“Um, I think you are pretty and kind. You are the first friend I have in the Cooking club. I really like you because you are so nice to me” he answered honestly with a sheepish smile, causing the female student to blush instantly.

“You really think so?” she added, wanting him to confirm.

“Oh” the naïve guy nodded his head “But why do you ask me that question?”

“I like you, too, Jaejoong ah. So would you like to be my boyfriend?” In Hwa confessed with all her courage.

“What!?!” exclaimed Jaejoong in shock, his eyes went big in surprise. It’s true that there were some female students confessing to him but when it’s from someone he knew, this was the first time.

“You don’t like it? You hate me?” she asked, on the edge of tear because of being rejected.

“Aniya, it’s not that. I don’t hate you, In Hwa ah. Don’t misunderstand” explained Jaejoong in panic as he waved his hand side to side.

“So my sudden confession surprises you?” she added more question.

“Oh, I’m really shocked. I never thought that you look at me other than friend and you suddenly confessed. It made me confused” told Jaejoong scratching his head.

“I heard that you rejected everyone who confessed to you so I thought you reject me, too. What a relief!” continued In Haw, letting out a relieve sigh.

“It’s because I don’t know them. You’re different”

“Oh, I see” the girl nodded in reply “I heard the rumor about you and Victoria dating but it doesn’t seem right since everyone knows she is a lesbian. You must be a close friend of hers. Thus, I assume you’re single right now. That’s why I make my confession”

“Actually we---” Jaejoong couldn’t finish his statement when he remembered what Victoria told him from the start.

"Are we dating now?" he asked straightforward, looking up at her with one eye.

"Um, we're dating now" she affirmed.

"Really?" added Jaejoong.

"Unofficially" said Victoria emotionlessly.

He sighed, knowing that even when they already had , he still on bed and there was no way Victoria allow him to date her officially. He looked at the friend sitting across him “Yeah, you can think so”

“Anyways, you said you have somewhere to go earlier so I don’t hold you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter