Determination

My Girly Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jaejoong was thinking about what Victoria told him this morning. I like man dominant, especially on bed. Her words kept replaying on his mind. "She had before?" he wondered, spacing out while he was in class. Not until the lecturer called his name was he snapped back from his thought. Awkwardly he stood up while his classmates laughed at him.

"Stay focus, Kim Jaejoong" the lecturer strictly warned him, caused him to hand his head low in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry" he replied and the elder let him sit down. However, he couldn’t get his act together. His mind was full of Victoria.

"First, I need to defeat her. She only gives me 3 months. Can I really make it?" he mumbled while tapping his pencil on the text book "I cannot lose. Cannot lose"

With the determination, as soon as the class finished, he went to the track and started practicing himself. To the one who rarely does exercise before and has weak physical like him, running is a torture. He could barely breathe after he ran 400 meters - the first lap of the track. His legs were numb and trembled.

"Damn it, I'm so helpless" Jaejoong cursed under his breath as he lay down on the track, not mind that his new clothes might get dirty or other students would laugh at him. All he felt right now is how hopeless he was. 'Is it true that I cannot have a chance with Victoria?' he thought sadly with his palm turning into a fist.

Meanwhile, Victoria was sitting at the back of another class, reading her book in a break while others were chatting. The girls started looking at something outside the windows and whined at each other. "Isn't he the hot guy this morning?" a girl said.

"It's him. Look at his clothes. It must be him" another girl replied excitedly.

"But what does he do in track at the moment?" their friend questioned in curious.

"You're dumb. What else can he do there? Of course, he is running" the first girl stated while knocking her friend's head.

They didn't know that their conversation was heard by Victoria. "Running?" she mumbled as she closed her book and walked toward the windows. As if she thought her eyes made a trick on her, she blinked a few time before realizing that it's really Kim Jaejoong. However, as cold as she is, she didn't feel interested at all. Instead, she walked back to her seat and continued reading her book as if she saw nothing. 'You won't last long, Kim Jaejoong' she thought with a smirk spreading on her lips.       

In the afternoon, Victoria attended the Archery club which held in the gymnasium on the first floor of building D that was direct to the running tracks. She let her club members have a break after one hour of practice. Drinking water while walking toward the windows, a figure captured her eyes. Kim Jaejoong was running. She saw the said guy falling down from his numb legs but she felt nothing toward him at all. Not even a mere sympathy for his hard work. "Idiot" she mumbled, rolling her eyes in annoyance before walking back toward her members to ask them to continue their practice.  

^______________________________^

Jaejoong couldn't move his legs after running for so long. His body was exhausted and he felt extremely thirsty but he could get up to get his bag. He just lay lifelessly on the ground while panting hard. He felt as if he was dying. His heart was pumping too fast that he thought it would explode soon. Running is difficult, at least to him. He didn't remember how many hours that he had spent on the track but the outcome for his practice wasn't good as he expected. He couldn't finish half of a round in one go. 'What am I gonna do?' he thought, closing his eyes while catching his breath.

"Give up already?" a voice asked mockingly causing him to opening his eyes and looked up. It's Victoria standing beside his body. Her hand holding his bag threw it on his stomach.

"I just take a rest" he replied with his shaking voice. Not that he was scared of her, it's because his body was trembling because of the tiredness.

"How does it feel when you torture yourself?" she asked with her eyes bored on him. Her expression was as cold as ever.

"Torture? I don't torture myself. I just want to have a chance with you" he corrected her word.

"Why?" she asked with monotone.

"Because I like you" he stated calmly.

"Like.Me?" Victoria repeated with a chuckle "You don't know me. How can you like me? It's ridiculous"

"You're a heroine"

"Oh, I see. So you like heroines" she concluded in amuse "But I'm not a heroine so go find another"

"You are" Jaejoong suddenly exclaimed which made Victoria and even himself surprised "To me, you are"

"You said I saved you once, right?" she asked boringly as she sat down on the ground. And Jaejoong nodded. "If I hadn't saved you from the bullies back then, I wouldn't have been a heroine in your eyes and you wouldn't like me at the moment, right?" Victoria continued as she stared at his eyes.

"It's not--" she didn't let him have a chance to answer as she added with a smirk "How about I make a start over in which I'm your bully?"

"You will not" he claimed but inside, he was not confident with what he said.

"You're right" she laughed out loud before becoming serious again "Why don't you just find another? With your new appearance, there is a bunch of girls will throw themselves on you"

"But I like you" he repeated.

"You don't like me. You just like the one who saved you back then. So even if it's another person, you would like her, not me right now. Wake up from your dream, big boy. I'm not your heroine" explained Victoria as she stood up while Jaejoong was speechless at her word. Is it true? Is what she said true? If there was another saving me, would I fall for that person?

"Don't you go back home now? It's late" asked Victoria as she was ready to leave but the exhausted boy just stared at her with his big doe eyes. She held out her hand in front of him. "You cannot get up, can you?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

Jaejoong pouted, shaking his head slightly.

"I know it" stated Victoria as she grabbed his hand and strongly pulled him up. Because it's so sudden, Jaejoong lost balance and accidentally leaned on her. He blushed crazily once they parted but Victoria didn't seem to affect about the contact at all.

"Go home" she chuckled as she picked up his bag and gave it to him.

As Victoria walked away, she heard a loud thud. Turning her head, she saw Jaejoong falling on the ground. Letting out a heavy sigh, she walked toward him, putting his arm around her shoulder and dragged him up.

"What a bothersome!" she mumbled in annoyance as she wrapped her arm around his waist and walked him to the entrance. Jaejoong smiled secretly inside as he held onto her. He didn't know that he could stand this close to his crush. Although Victoria is cold outside, he had to admit that she is caring, just like what everyone talked about her.

"How can you go home?" she asked him blankly "Bus?"

"Um" he lied. The driver was there to pick him up but Jaejoong wanted to stay with Victoria a little longer so he just stared at his driver who was about to approach him with a go-away look. Noticing his young master's intense stare, the driver quickly got back inside his car and drove slowly from behind.

As they walked slowly to the bus stop due to Jaejoong's numb legs, all the eyes on the street stared at both strangely which made Victoria feel uncomfortable. She roughly released him, causing the poor boy fall on his . She glared at him "Walk on your own"

"I can't" said Jaejoong as he massaged his still shaking legs.

"It's your problem, not mine" she stated and walked away, leaving him alone.

"Aish, jinja" groaned Victoria in upset as she walked back to Jaejoong after running not too far away. "Blame on being a nice person, Victoria" she mumbled to herself as she stopped in front of him. Jaejoong looked up when he saw the feet in front of him. He smiled sheepishly when he saw Victoria frowning before him.

Victoria wanted to punch on his face so badly when they arrived to his mansion. What the heck is that a rich boy doesn't have a driver to pick him up? Her anger burned more when she saw him smiling innocently at her. Before she could go anything stupid, she walked away to cool down.

"Such a waste of time" she groaned as she kicked a rock on the street on the way back to the bus stop. "This remind yourself not always help anyone you think that they need help, Victoria" she mumbled upsettingly.

^________________________^

"Vic unnie~" a girl whined which caused Jaejoong's attention as he was walking to his next class. Because of curious, he turned his head and walked to the source of the noise to see what happened but he got shocked for seeing two girls kissing each other on the corner behind the stairs. His eyes grew even bigger when he realized that the taller one is Victoria.

Sensed that they were watched, Victoria broke the kiss and turned to the staircase to see Jaejoong rooting on the ground with his widened eyes staring at her, speechless. The younger girl also followed her gaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter