Heartstrings (Kang Minhyuk x Amber)

Beautiful Stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

After the "We Got Married" stunt and several collaborations, SNSD, f(x), CN Blue, and FT Island grew to become close friends. But Sooyoung, Seohyun, Amber, Minhyuk, Yonghwa, Hongki, and Seunghyun in particular were closest. The seven idols were currently in SNSD's dorm. The only reason they didn't go to another group's dorm was that SNSD's was the biggest (it did fit nine females after all), and the other members were out on their personal...adventures as leader Taeyeon liked to call it. The seven of them were occupying the living, all eyes trained on the flashing television screen.

The popular 2011 drama, "Heartstrings (Because You've Fallen for Me)", was playing since Sooyoung and Seohyun wanted to embarrass Yonghwa who played the male lead character, Lee Shin. The two SNSD girls were curled up on a couch, Yonghwa squished between Seohyun and Hongki. Seunghyun sat next to Sooyoung, looked uncomfortable and pressing himself as close as he could to the couch. Amber and Minhyuk sat cross-legged on the ground, a bowl of popcorn on the f(x) rapper's lap. The two were sitting close to each other, their shoulders touching, Sooyoung and Seohyun noticed to their delight. Everytime Minhyuk reached for the popcorn, Yonghwa and Hongki nudged each other and exchanged amused, knowing looks with Seunghyun.

They had already watched three episodes today and were currently on their fourth one for the day. By this time, the idols on the couch had completely disregarded the drama and were focused on the oblivious pair sitting on the ground. The two were still completely engrossed in the drama, Minhyuk still taking popcorn from Amber. The scene of Minhyuk's character, Joon Hee, consuming all the food he could get his hands on appeared on the screen and Minhyuk nudged the girl next to him. "Does oppa look cute in this drama?" he asked her quietly, thinking the others couldn't hear him.

A look of confusion flashed briefly on Amber's face so quickly, the CN Blue maknae thought he imagined it. The confused expression was replaced by a sugary sweet smile as she replied just as quietly, "Yeah, Yonghwa oppa looks adorable here." She placed extra emphasis on the word "oppa" and purposely named the wrong person.

"I meant me," Minhuk grumbled, a small pout forming unconsciously on his lips.

Amber grinned and said, "You're adorable too, hyung."

He said nothing but stared expectantly at her, his pout slowly growing. Soon, a stare-off began.

Wrapped in their own world, they didn't notice the others' attention on them. They watched as Minhyuk's face came closer and closer towards Amber's, their faces showing various expressions. Yonghwa and Hongki's jaws were dropped, Sooyoung and Seohyun looked like they were on the verge of squealing, and Seunghyun simply looked on in confusion. They assumed Minhyuk was going to confess now, or let his childish jealousy out. What they didn't expect was for him to lean down until his face was hovering right in front of Amber's and rub his nose against hers as he said, no demanded, in a low voice, "Call me oppa."

Unfazed, the short-haired girl simply stared into his eyes and half-smirked. "No."

"Amber," he warned, his voice getting lower and more dangerous. But the tomboy c

Please log in to read the full chapter