Chapter 9

Secretly in Love With You

“Hey Soo.” Jessica said, when Sooyoung’s webcam picture showed up on her screen. Sooyoung was smiling happily upon seeing the brunette. “How’s everything going there?”

 

“It’s pretty good.” Sooyoung half smiled. “I just wish you weren’t so far away.”

 

Jessica half smiled. “I know what you mean.”

 

It’s the first day that Jessica moved into her dorm room and she had decided to video chat with Sooyoung, who had been living in the dorm of her college for a couple of days now.

 

“So, how dorming?” Sooyoung asked, tilting her head.

 

“Well, you wouldn’t believe who turned out to be my roommate.” Jessica said, her expression changed to one filled with irritation.

 

“Who?” Sooyoung asked, confused.

 

“Is that Sooyoung?” a familiar voice asked, off screen. “Hey Sooyoung!”

 

“Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked, shocked. “Is that you?”

 

Tiffany smiled. “Yup! What are the odds that Sica and I end up in the same room.”

 

“Probably the fact that we came from the same country and school.” Jessica said, pushing Tiffany out of the shot. “So, how are you doing, Soo?”

 

“Pretty good.” Sooyoung said with a half smile. The thought of Jessica and Tiffany being in the same room was upsetting. “Hyoyeon is my roommate here.”

 

“Oh really?” Jessica asked, happily. “Well that’s great. At least it’s someone you know.”

 

“You know me!” Tiffany’s voice could be heard in the background. Jessica rolled her eyes, causing Sooyoung to giggle.

 

“Where is Hyoyeon anyway?” Jessica asked.

 

“She’s looking for the dance club practice.” Sooyoung said. “No surprise there.”

 

“Are you going to join too?” Jessica asked, tilting her head.

 

“Maybe.” Sooyoung said. “I’m not sure yet.”

 

“You should.” Jessica said, smiling. “You’re a great dancer and I know you love to do it.”

 

“Jessie, it’s almost time.” Tiffany said, appearing in the background. “Hurry and finish your call.”

 

“Oh that’s right.” Jessica said. “Soo, I gotta go. Freshman orientation starts soon.”

 

“Oh. Okay. Just chat with me later.” Sooyoung said, half smiling.

 

“Okay. Love you.” Jessica said with a smile.

 

“I love you too.” Sooyoung said, smiling. “Bye.”

 

“Bye.” Jessica frowned then ended the call.

 

Jessica and Tiffany made their way to the school auditorium. They were amazed to see quite a few of their classmates from their old school attending UCSF. Once in the auditorium, they took their seats closer to the back.

 

During the assembly, Jessica was playing on her phone and Tiffany would steal glances at the brunette. Tiffany gently placed her hand on Jessica’s thigh, causing the older girl to jump. Jessica looked up at Tiffany then gently pushed the girl’s hand off.

 

Later that night, Jessica and Tiffany were in their room getting ready for their classes. Jessica was sitting on her bed while Tiffany was sitting at her desk. She would take glances at Jessica, who was busy reading her book.

 

“Tiff,” Jessica broke the silence, and catching Tiffany off guard.

 

“Y-yes?” Tiffany asked.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Jessica asked, not looking up from her book. “You’re always looking at me. You think I don’t see you doing it but I do.”

 

Tiffany sat at her desk quietly, just looking at Jessica in shock. “What do you mean?”

 

“Tiff, there’s clearly something you’re hiding.” Jessica said. “Like putting your hand on my leg during the assembly. What are you trying to tell me?”

 

“I’m not trying to tell you anything.” Tiffany said.

 

“I know that’s not true, Tiffany.” Jessica said, looking up at Tiffany.

 

“Don’t worry.” Tiffany gave the brunette her signature eye smile. “It’s nothing to be concerned about.”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow then shrugged and went back to her book. “If you say so.”

 

The next day, Jessica and Tiffany were sitting in their class. Jessica was doodling in her notebook while Tiffany focused on taking

notes for the both of them. Halfway through the class, Tiffany glanced over at Jessica to see that she had dozed off. Tiffany then gently the older girl’s cheek with a slight smile.

 

Jessica stirred, causing Tiffany to pull away and return to her tablet. Jessica sat up, sleepily and yawned. She looked over at Tiffany, who was pretending to still be taking notes.

 

“What?” Jessica asked, slightly irritated.

 

“What?” Tiffany asked, confused.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. “Nothing...” She then placed her head back on the desk, facing the other way.

 

“Still the same old Ice Princess.” Tiffany mumbled under her breath.

 

After class, Tiffany gently shook Jessica awake as she started to pack up her books. Jessica refused to wake up, causing the raven haired girl to get a bit frustrated. She carefully removed Jessica’s tablet from under the sleeping brunette and packed it in

Jessica’s bag along with her other belongings.

 

“Sica, wake up.” Tiffany said, shaking Jessica gently. The brunette didn’t move. Tiffany let out a frustrated sigh. She threw Jessica and her bag over her shoulder then carefully pulled Jessica onto her back. “How can you just keep sleeping?”

 

Tiffany slowly made her way to their dorm room with Jessica on her back and their bags hanging over her shoulder. Jessica was still sleeping as Tiffany carried her. The younger girl was slowly growing tired from the weight of the sleeping girl.

 

“Do you need some help?” another girl asked.

 

Tiffany looked to see who the owner of the voice was. She was shocked to see that it was the girl that lived in the dorm next to theirs. The girl had short black hair. She wore pants and a short sleeve shirt that had the school logo centered on it.

 

“Yes please.” Tiffany said with a smile. “You’re Amber right?”

 

“Yes.” Amber said with a smile. “Here, let me take those bags.” She gently took the bags from Tiffany’s shoulder.

 

“You look really young.” Tiffany said. “You don’t even look like a college student.”

 

“Well, technically I’m not.” Amber said, as they continued walking towards their dorm.

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany asked, tilting her head.

 

“My dad is a professor here.” Amber said. “So they allow me to live here.”

 

“Wow. That’s pretty lucky.” Tiffany said. “So you’re in high school?”

 

“Yes.” Amber said with a smile. “I do take a couple of classes here too though.”

 

When the girls got to Tiffany and Jessica’s room, Tiffany placed Jessica on her bed and thanked Amber for her help.

 

“How about we go for coffee sometime.” Tiffany said with a smile. “My treat.”

 

“Oh sure.” Amber said with a smile. “I would love to.”

 

“How about tomorrow morning?”Tiffany asked.

 

“Sounds great.” Amber smiled.

 

“Great.” Tiffany said, giving the younger girl her signature eye smile. “I’ll be sure that Jessica comes with us too.”

 

After Tiffany said her goodbyes to Amber, she came back into the room to find Jessica still sleeping soundly on her bed. Tiffany stared at the brunette, biting her lip nervously. She quietly made her way over to Jessica’s side. She held her hair back then placed a quick kiss on Jessica’s lips.

“I can’t tell you what’s on my mind because you’re no longer mine.” Tiffany said, Jessica’s cheek.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers and friends!

So, I was struck with inspiration so I was able to write this update. Yay!

So what did you guys think of the chapter?

The next chapter will be filled with even more drama!

See all of you at the next update~

Your author,

Kirakai