Chapter 8

Secretly in Love With You

Sooyoung was busily scanning through books on the bookshelf. She was in library finding books to prepare herself for the upcoming final. She brushed her hand along the spines of each of the books on the shelf until she accidentally touched the hand of another student who was reaching for the same book.

 

“Oh, I’m sor-” Sooyoung stopped when she saw that the owner of the hand was Jessica. “Sica. I’m sorry. You can take it.”

 

“Oh no, you can take it. You need it more than me.” Jessica said, pulling the book out and handing it to the younger girl.

 

Sooyoung took the book and added it to the stack that was tucked under her arm. “Thanks.” She smiled warmly at the brunette. They began to walk over to an open table.

 

“So this is where you’ve been hiding.” Jessica said, giving Sooyoung a side eye smirk.

 

“Hiding?” Sooyoung asked, looking at her books. “I don’t have any reason to hide.”

 

“Come on Soo,” Jessica said, sitting across of the latter. “Ever since we got our acceptance letters, you’ve been avoiding me.”

 

“That’s not true.” Sooyoung said, defensively.

 

“Soo, this was your idea.” Jessica said, taking Sooyoung’s hand.

 

“I know.” Sooyoung said, solemnly. “That’s why I’m upset about it.”

 

“We’ll figure something out.” Jessica said, giving the younger girl a warm smile.

 

Sooyoung looked up at Jessica and smiled. “Yeah. We will.”

 

A week has gone by and word of Jessica getting accepted by an American college spread through the school like wildfire. Everyone was concerned on how she and Sooyoung would handle, however both girls acted as if nothing about the situation bothered them.

 

“Sooyoung-ah,” Sunny called as the taller girl opened her locker. “How can you be so calm about this?”

 

“Honestly, I’m not calm.” Sooyoung said, looking at the blonde. “But Sica and I are gonna figure out how to make things work so we’re trying not to think about it so much.”

 

“This must be tough.” Sunny said, scratching her head. “I don’t know what I would do without my little Hyomin.”

 

“So, are you going to do something special?” Sunny asked, earning a confused look from the younger girl. “For yours and her graduation celebration.”

 

“Well, I was thinking of taking her to dinner.” Sooyoung said. She looked around her then motioned for Sunny to come closer. “Then I will give her this.” She pulled out a diamond ring from her pocket.

 

The ring was made up of a silver band with diamonds embedded into the band. Sunny looked at the ring in awe. Sooyoung put the ring back in her pocket and smiled at the blonde girl.

 

“How did you get that?” Sunny asked in awe.

 

“It was my grandmother’s engagement ring.” Sooyoung said with a smile. “I’m going to use it as a promise ring for Sica.”

 

“Soo, that’s so cute!” Sunny said, playfully slapping the younger girl.

 

“What’s cute?” Jessica asked.

 

“Oh, hey Sica.” Sunny said, smiling. “Sooyoung was just showing me the picture of the two of you that’s on her wallpaper.”

 

“Oh that.” Jessica’s face reddened. “Yeah. It is cute. So anyway, how about we go out for some ice cream after school?”

 

“That sounds like a great idea.” Sunny said, clapping her hands together. “We should bring the whole group since this will probably be the only time we’ll be able to since exams are coming up.”

 

“That’s a good point.” Jessica said. “Let’s definitely do that.”

 

Later that day, the Jessica, Sooyoung, and their group of friends sat in the corner of the ice cream parlor. Jessica sat closest to the wall with Sooyoung sitting next to her. Sunny sat between Sooyoung and Taeyeon, who sat on the edge. On the opposite side of the table, Yoona sat across of Jessica with Yuri sitting next to her. Seohyun sat across of Sunny with Hyoyeon sitting on the edge.

 

The girls were all busy chatting about their college plans as well as their plans to keep in touch with each other. They were still waiting on the server to come and take their orders.

 

“Hey guys.” A husky female voice said, causing all the girls to go silent and turn their head. “Got room for one more?”

 

Tiffany smiled, nervously. Her raven hair was tied back in a ponytail and she was still wearing her school uniform. All the girls turned to Jessica, who looked just as shocked as they did.

 

“It’s up to you Sica.” Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica looked up at Tiffany then to Sooyoung then back at Tiffany. “It’s fine.” She smiled. “I don’t think she’ll cause any problems.”

 

Tiffany smiled, gratefully. She took a seat next to Hyoyeon who scooted over to make room for the raven haired girl.

There was a few minutes of silence until Taeyeon decided to break the ice.

 

“So, how have you been?” Taeyeon asked, nervously.

 

“I’ve been good.” Tiffany said, giving the older girl her signature eye smile. “Since Siwon and I broke up, I was able to focus more on my school work.”

 

“You and Siwon broke up?” Jessica asked, shocked. “When?”

 

“Well it was kind of a hush-hush thing.” Tiffany said. “But it was awhile ago.”

 

“Wow.” Sunny said, amazed. “I never thought that the two of you would ever break up.”

 

“Well I found out he was cheating on me.” Tiffany said, solemnly. “But that is the karma that I deserved after all.” She looked at Jessica who was looking at Sooyoung.

 

“So, where are you going to college Tiffany?” Taeyeon kept her eyes locked on the younger girl’s gaze.

 

“Oh. I haven’t told anyone yet.” Tiffany said, her cheeks flushed. “I’m going back to the states.”

 

“Just like Sica then.” Yuri said, shocked. “What school?”

 

“University of California, San Francisco.” Tiffany said with a smile.

 

All the girls at the table went silent. Tiffany examined each of her friend’s faces, each showing a different expression of shock. Then, she got to Sooyoung who showed a bit of irritation in her expression. Now her gaze moved to Jessica, who had a worried look on her face as she bit the corner of her lip.

“What?” Tiffany asked, confused.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo readers and friends!

How are you guys doing?

It's been a while since my last update but I hope it's still a good story for you guys.

So, how was this little plot twist?

Any guesses on what could happen in the next chapter?

Well, hope you enjoyed the update and I'll see you guys in the next update (^_^)

Your author,

Kirakai