Chapter 3

Secretly in Love With You

 

Sooyoung sat in her room, working on her homework. She looked at the clock and noticed that it was getting late, she closed her books and walked over to her bed when a knock at the door caught her attention. She walked to the front door and opened it slowly.


"Hello?" Sooyoung asked.


Sooyoung was shocked to see Jessica standing outside her door. She was wearing a white t-shirt and pajama pants.


"Sica?" Sooyoung asked, not bothering to hide the shock in her voice. "What's wrong?"


"Tiffany told me about what you did." Jessica said, her tone was expressionless.


"Oh." Sooyoung said, she wasn't surprised. "Well, it's not like I was going to hide it from you."


"I know." Jessica said, looking at the ground. "You never hide things from me."


Sooyoung felt like a knife had stabbed her in the heart, but she kept a straight face.


"Sure." Jessica said, slowly entering the house.


Sooyoung closed the door and sat on the couch with Jessica. They spent a couple of minutes in silence.


"I got mad." Sooyoung stated, bluntly.


"For?" Jessica asked, tilting her head. "You were the -"


"How can you stay with her when you know she's cheating on you?" Sooyoung asked.


Jessica's eyes widened. "How did you know about that?"


"Sunny and Taeyeon told me." Sooyoung said. "And Tiffany confirmed it."


"And that's why you punched her?" Jessica asked.


"S-sure." Sooyoung said.


"I see."


"Sica, why do you stay with someone like her."


"Because I love her." Jessica said, looking at her hands that were placed on her lap. Sooyoung felt another knife through her heart.


"Even though she's hurt you countless times?" Sooyoung asked, trying to contain her anger and hide her pain.


Jessica's eyes reddened as tears threatened to fall. Sooyoung let out a sigh and pulled the brunette closer.


"I'm sorry, Sica." Sooyoung said, her voice just above a whisper. "I just don't like seeing you like this."


"I'm fine, Soo." Jessica said, pushing away from the younger girl. "I promise."


"If you say so." Sooyoung said.


"I should probably head home." Jessica said standing up.


"Why don't you stay the night?" Sooyoung asked. "It's late after all."


Jessica half smiled. "It's okay. I only live right next door."


"But it's late." Sooyoung said, scratching the back of her head. "Anything could happen."


"From that short of a distance." Jessica asked, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.


"Y-you never know!"


Jessica giggled. "Okay. Okay."


"It's for your safety." Sooyoung said, triumphantly.

~0~0~0~0~

Tiffany was looking at her reflection in the mirror. She had just got done cleaning the cut on her lip. She let out a sigh as she tried to cover it up.


"How did you even get that cut on your lip?" Tiffany's older sister asked, standing at the door.


"Oh, I just, uh, fell." Tiffany didn't bother trying to lie to her sister.


"You fell?" Her sister said, disbelievingly.


"Y-yeah."


"Little princess Miyoung fell?" Her sister repeated using Tiffany's Korean name.


"Yeah." Tiffany said, closing her make up bag and walking out of the bathroom. "Well, I gotta go to school."

~0~0~0~0~0~

The day went by quickly and word of Tiffany's perfect face being damaged traveled through the school like wildfire.


"Unnie, doesn't that hurt?" Seohyun asked, a worried look was painted on her face.


"No, it's fine." Tiffany said. "I just wish it wasn't so noticeable."


Tiff, can I talk to you?" Jessica asked, slowly closing Tiffany's locker.


"Tiffany smiled, wincing slightly from the pain on her lip. "Yeah. Of course."


"I'll see you around, unnies." Seohyun said, bowing and walking away.


"So, what's up Jessie?" Tiffany asked, taking one of Jessica's hands.


"What have you been telling people about that?" Jessica asked, gently caressing her thumb over the cut.


"That I fell." Tiffany said. "She's your friend, Jess. I wouldn't say anything about her."


Jessica half smiled. "Thanks."


"Besides, I said something to her that made me deserve this." Tiffany said, a smile hung at the corner of her lips.


"What did you say?"


"That's between me and her, baby." Tiffany said, kissing Jessica on the forehead. "Don't worry about it. Well, gotta get to class."


"Okay. Bye." Jessica said, kissing Tiffany on the cheek.


Jessica sat in the back of her class, doodling in her notebook. She would take occasional breaks to look up and see Sooyoung busily taking notes and sneaking chips into when the teacher's back was turned.


Sooyoung took a quick glance back and smiled at Jessica. The brunette couldn't help but smile back at her friend.


Jessica lifted her cellphone and pointed towards Sooyoung, she nodded and discreetly checked her phone.


Sooyoung looked back at Jessica wish a smile and gave her a thumbs up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey readers and friends~
So here's the next chapter.
So, it ended in another cliff hanger. I left you guys in one last time and apparently I did it again.
So, I did some thinking and I realized that this story will have a lot of cliffys so...just a warning for you guys.
So, hope you enjoyed the update and I'll see you at the next one.
Don't forget to leave a comment in the box below~
I love reading all of your reactions.
Your author,
Kirakai