Chapter 1

Secretly in Love With You

 

Six years has gone by, Jessica and Sooyoung are now in high school, they're still the best of friends and they still count on each other for everything.


When they entered high school, Jessica had started a relationship with Tiffany Hwang, a girl who transferred, from America, to their school during their final year of middle school. Sooyoung was upset when she found out, however, she still held onto the promise she had made with Jessica.


"Jessie, are you busy tonight?" Tiffany asked, wrapping her arms around the brunette.


"I don't think so." Jessica said, looking at the raven haired girl. "Wae?"


"I was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner." Tiffany said, shooting Jessica one if her famous eye smiles.


"I'm not sure." Jessica said. "I was thinking of going to Sooyoung's house."


"Oh. I see." Tiffany said, frowning.


"Aw, Tiff." Jessica the younger girl's cheek. "Don't be upset. I'll hang out with you next time."


Sooyoung walked out of her class and went to her locker. She forced a smile at the sight of the couple then went to focus on opening her locker.


"Sooyoungie." Jessica cooed, causing Sooyoung to blush from embarrassment.


"Yah! D-don't call me that." Sooyoung stuttered. "Not in public. It's childish."


Jessica giggled. "Sorry force of habit. But it's not like it's something new. Everyone knows we grew up together." She gave Tiffany a quick peck on the lips as Tiffany began walking to her next class. "So, we still up for movies tonight?"


Sooyoung smiled widely. "Definitely." She and Jessica bumped each other's forearms. "So, I'll see you later?"


“Where are you going?” Jessica asked, tilting her head. “You’re not going to walk home with me?”

“Taeyeon and I are going to stop by the grocery store to pick up some stuff.” Sooyoung said, scratching the back of her head. “Anyway, I’ll see you later.”

“Oh, okay.” Jessica said, half smiling. “I’ll see you later then.”

At Sooyoung’s house, the girls were sitting in the living room watching Korean dubbed American movies. Sooyoung’s parents were out with Jessica’s parents, leaving the friends home alone.

“So, how are things with Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked, looking at the older girl.

“We’re doing great.” Jessica said with a bright smile. “The other day she got me this beautiful bracelet.” She held out her arm, revealing a silver charm bracelet.

Sooyoung’s blood began to boil, but she concentrated hard on not showing it to her friend. She forced a smile and spoke as smoothly as she could. “It’s beautiful.”

“Hey Soo,” Jessica’s playful expression turned into a serious one.

“Yes?”

“Is there anyone you like?” Jessica put her index finger to her chin and tilted her head to the side.

“No.” Sooyoung lied. “Wae?”

“Well, we’re in high school now.” Jessica stated. “I figured that there would be someone in your life by now.”

There IS someone. Sooyoung thought. I’m just afraid that I’ll lose my friendship with her if I tell her. “Nope” She smiled. “I’m still waiting for that special someone.”

“I’m sure that person will be very lucky.” Jessica said with a smile.

“Sica,” Sooyoung whispered, getting the brunette’s attention. “Do you remember what I told you six years ago?”

“Six years ago?” Jessica tilted her head.

“On the playground.”

Jessica shook her head with a frown. “No. Not really.”

“I see.” Sooyoung looked at the ground in disappointment.

“Wae?”

“No reason.” Sooyoung responded, forcing a smile.

Jessica giggled. “You’re so funny, Soo.”

About an hour went by as the two friends watched T.V. They sat in silence, unsure of what to talk about. Every so often, Jessica would look down at her phone and Sooyoung, distracted by the light, would look over and notice the sender’s name and frown.

Sooyoung stood up, earning a confused look from the brunette. “I’m hungry. I’m going to get something to eat. You want something?”

Jessica shook her head and Sooyoung shrugged and made her way into the kitchen. Jessica returned to her phone once she lost sight of the older girl.

In the kitchen, Sooyoung poured a bag of chips into a bowl. She looked at the picture display that sat on the counter and smiled upon seeing the photos of she and her friend when they were kids. She grabbed two cans of soda and made her way back to the living room.

“Hey Soo,” Jessica said, still glued to her phone.

“Yes?” Sooyoung asked as she placed the bowl and drinks on the coffee table and sat back on the couch next to the brunette. “What is it?”

“Do you think I could stay the night?” Jessica placed her phone on the coffee table and took a soda. “My parents are gonna be going out of town tonight and you kno-”

“Of course you can.” Sooyoung interrupted. She knew Jessica long enough to understand the older girl’s actions without hearing an explanation. “You know you doing have to explain yourself to me.”

“Sorry, you know I can’t help it.” Jessica said, smiling shyly.

“Are you going to get clothes?” Sooyoung asked.

A worried expression was painted on the brunette’s face. “Um...”

Through a tacit understanding, Sooyoung scratched the back of her head and spoke. “Actually, there might be some extra clothes that you left from the last time you were here.” Jessica smiled, causing the younger girl to blush. “I-I’ll just go get them.” Sooyoung made her way to the staircase and up to her room.”

Later that night, Jessica and Sooyoung laid in Sooyoung’s queen sized bed. Sooyoung laid closer to the edge, back facing Jessica, who was curled up in her blanket and clutching onto the back of the younger girl’s shirt.

Sooyoung stared at the clock as she felt the grip on her shirt grip tighten occasionally. She could hear soft sobs coming from behind her. Sooyoung felt a sharp pain in her chest and a lump in . When the sobs were quieted, Sooyoung turned around and wrapped her arms around her sleeping best friend and let out a sigh.

Sica, I wish you would tell me when something’s wrong instead of making an excuse to stay the night. We’re best friends. You can tell me everything and anything. Although I’m one to talk, I’m hiding the biggest secret I have from you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers and friends~!

It's been a while since you've heard from me hasn't it?

Well, heres the first chapter of my newest story.

Tell me what you guys think. I've been having writers block lately so I hope the story still turns out ok.

Your author,

Kirakai