Chapter 5

Secretly in Love With You

 

Days passed and Sooyoung would always have surprise inspections to check on Jessica. Her cuts were slowly healing and Sooyoung was starting to hang around Jessica more often.


“Hey Sica, how are you doing?” Sooyoung asked, leaning on the locker next to Jessica’s.


“I’m doing great.” Jessica smiled. “So, we-”


“Hey Jessie.” Tiffany said, putting a hand on Jessica’s shoulder.


“Oh. Hi Tiffany.” Jessica said, shrugging Tiffany’s hand off her shoulder.


“Can I talk to you?” Tiffany asked. Jessica nodded. “Alone.” Tiffany motioned Sooyoung to leave.


Sooyoung glared at the raven haired girl. “I’m not going anywhere.”


“Anything you need to say, you can say it in front of Sooyoung.” Jessica said, sternly.


Tiffany let out an irritated sigh. “Jess, do you want to go out with me this weekend?”


Jessica looked over at Sooyoung, who had her head turned in a different direction, then back at Tiffany. “I can’t.”


Tiffany’s smile faded into a look of shock. “Wh-why?”


“Sooyoung and I were planning on going to Hyoyeon’s party.” Jessica said, tucking her hair behind her ear.


“Oh! That’s right.” Tiffany’s smile returned. “Well, I guess I’ll see you there.” She winked and walked away.


Sooyoung rolled her eyes at the gesture. Jessica looked at Sooyoung and let out a sigh.


“You okay?” Sooyoung asked, tilting her head to get a better look at the brunette.


“That felt good to do.” Jessica smiled. “Well, I guess we’re going to Hyoyeon’s party.”


“S-seriously?” Sooyoung asked, shocked. “But Hyoyeon’s parties are always full of alcohol.”


“Don’t worry.” Jessica smiled. “We’ll just show face then leave. We can go see a movie or something.”


Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. “I have a bad feeling about this.”


“Come on Soo,” Jessica said. “You’ll be there to supervise me.”


Sooyoung shrugged. “I guess that’s true.”


“Yeah! So it can’t hurt.” Jessica said, clasping her hands together.


“I guess.” Sooyoung said, scratching the back of her head.


“I need to find clothes.” Jessica said, looking at her reflection in her phone. “Let’s go shopping after school.”


“Okay?” Sooyoung said. “But I start work at five so I can’t take long.”


“Oh. Boo.” Jessica said. “We’ll find you something first then.”


Later that day, Jessica and Sooyoung were walking through the clothes stores in the mall Jessica had already found herself a gold satin dress, and they were now looking for clothes for Sooyoung.


“I think I’m going to cut my hair.” Sooyoung said. “I’ll cut it short.”


“What?” Jessica asked, shocked. “Why? Your hair is beautiful.”


“It’d be something different.” Sooyoung shrugged. “Find me something nice. I’ll be back.”


“Where are you going?” Jessica asked, confused.


“Cut my hair.” Sooyoung said with a smile then walked out of the store.


Jessica let out a sigh then made her way to the men’s section of the store. She pulled out a black button up shirt with a red tie and smiled.


“This could work.” Jessica said to herself. “Now just for some pants.”


The next day, Jessica and Sooyoung, with her newly cut short hair, were getting ready for the party in Jessica’s room.


“I actually really like the hair.” Jessica said, putting her earrings on. “It looks really good.”


“Thanks.” Sooyoung said, buttoning up her shirt.


Her hair was cut in layers that fell down to the nape of her neck and side swept bangs. She looked in the mirror, struggling to tie her tie. Jessica giggled as she watched the younger girl struggle. She stood up and faced Sooyoung, and took the tie from her hands. Sooyoung’s face reddened when she noticed how close Jessica was to her. Jessica’s scent slowly made it’s way into Sooyoung’s nose making her weak in the knees but she kept her composure.


“You look good dressed like this.” Jessica smiled as she tied Sooyoung’s tie. “You just need to learn how to tie this.” She tightened the tie so it was just right.


“Th-thanks.” Sooyoung said, nervously. Her face was flushed.


At the party, Sooyoung caught a lot of attention due to her newly cut short hair. Jessica smiled and motioned Sooyoung to go and have fun. Jessica made her way to the drinks and made herself a cup.


“Hey Sica.” Hyoyeon called, her blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail. “Haven’t seen you in a long time.” She pulled the brunette into a hug.


“I know!” Jessica said, returning the hug. “And you have your hair up.”


“What? Oh!” Hyoyeon pulled down her hair, letting it fall gracefully over her shoulders. “I was making drinks earlier.”


“That explains it.” Jessica said, matter of factly.


“So, I see you finally brought Sooyoung to one of our social gatherings.” Hyoyeon said, noticing the younger girl dancing in the crowd.


“She’s here to monitor me.” Jessica said, turning to see Sooyoung enjoying her time. “Tiffany is supposedly coming tonight.”


“Oh. I see.” Hyoyeon nodded. “Well, never mind that. Go and have some fun. “She pushed Jessica towards the crowd of dancing people.


Later that night, Jessica eventually got to dance with Sooyoung. Suddenly, the upbeat song changed to a slow song and people began to find a partner. Sooyoung and Jessica looked at each other with an awkward stare.


“C-can I dance with you?” Sooyoung asked, nervously as she held out a hand.


Jessica took Sooyoung’s hand with a nod and they pulled each other closer. They slow danced as the song went on. Jessica looked up to find the taller girl’s eyes were locked on hers.


“Wh-what?” Jessica asked, confused.


“Just admiring you.” Sooyoung smiled. “You look beautiful tonight.”


Jessica stared at Sooyoung for a while, their foreheads pressed together. Suddenly, Jessica leaned in and gave Sooyoung a peck on the lips.

 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey readers and friends!
So, I've been relieved of the stress of my senior project.
So, my creative juices are flowing again.
However, my updates may happen a little slower due to the fact that my parents took away my phone, and laptop (because I'm a rebellious child)
So, please bear with me for I am using school resources to update for you guys.
So, this chapter ended in another cliff hanger.
dun dun du~un!
What will happen now guys?
Tell me what you think in the comments and I shall see you at the next update~!
Later!
Your author,
Kirakai