Chapter 7

Secretly in Love With You

A year went by and Sooyoung and Jessica were still going strong with their relationship. Jessica now wore a silver necklace with a heart that had the initials “SC” engraved on it and Sooyoung wore a similar necklace with the initials “JJ” on it. Talk of the Soosica couple still buzzed through the halls of the school and everyone was happy for the couple.

 

Now, it was their final year and college was on all the minds of the third year students. Their schedules are full of filling out applications and finals as it neared the time for them to journey onto their own lives. However this didn’t stop Jessica and Sooyoung from making time in their busy schedules to see each other.

 

Today, Jessica and Sooyoung were having lunch at the local cafe that was down the street from their school. They were sitting in a booth in the corner of the restaurant enjoying their coffee as they waited for their orders.

 

“So, How’s the college plans going Sica?” Sooyoung asked. “I know you want to go on to become something big.”

 

“Eh...It’s coming along.” Jessica said, taking a sip of her coffee. “I’m mostly just applying wherever I can. How about you?”

 

“I’m trying to get into Seoul University.” Sooyoung said, moving her cup to the side. “You know how much I want to get into that school after all.” She smiled fondly.

 

“Have you heard any news yet?” Jessica asked, tilting her head.

 

“Not yet.” Sooyoung said, shrugging. “But it’s still early so no need to get down yet.”

 

Jessica giggled. “Always so optimistic.” She smiled at Sooyoung.

 

Later that day, Jessica was cleaning her room while Sooyoung was sitting on the bed sketching in her book. Jessica’s room was littered with college catalogs, some books were marked with post it notes and others were opened to pages of promising universities.

 

“Sica, how can you let your room get so messy?” Sooyoung asked, focused on her picture.

 

“It’s not messy.” Jessica said, picking up her books from the floor. “It’s all college stuff.”

 

“Yeah but it’s scattered all over the floor.” Sooyoung said, looking up from her picture. She smiled. “It’s all done.”

 

“Let me see it.” Jessica said, jumping onto the bed next to Sooyoung. Sooyoung handed the brunette her sketchbook. “Oh my gosh...This is beautiful Sooyoung.”

 

The drawing was a sketch of Jessica standing at her window with the sun shining through it. Jessica looked at the picture in awe as Sooyoung smiled shyly at the older girl’s reaction.

 

“Hey Sica,” Sooyoung broke the girl’s trance on the sketch. “Why are you having such a hard time picking a college that you want to go to? You’re smart so a lot of colleges would choose you.”

 

“Well, I wanted to go to college in California because I miss home.” Jessica said, hanging Sooyoung her sketchbook. “But I want to be close to you so I’ve been looking for colleges here in Korea instead.”

 

“Sica, don’t stay here because of me.” Sooyoung said, the brunette’s cheek. “We can always just fly over and visit each other on our vacations.”

 

“I guess.” Jessica said, solemnly. “But that’s a lot of money.”

 

“Sica, everything will be fine.” Sooyoung said, smiling. “We’ll figure something out. Follow your dreams.”

 

Jessica half smiled and pulled Sooyoung into a hug and kissed the younger girl’s cheek. “Okay. I will.”

 

A week later, Sooyoung and Jessica were walking along the beach, hand in hand. They were enjoying their day off from school with a day at the beach with their friends. Sunny, Taeyeon, Yoona, Yuri and Seohyun were sitting on the sand enjoying the sun.

 

“They make a cute couple don’t they?” Sunny asked, admiring the couple as they continued their walk.

 

“I think you and Hyomin-unnie made a cuter couple.” Seohyun said with a giggle.

 

Sunny playfully pushed Seohyun. “Oh shush!” Her face was reddened

 

Jessica looked up at Sooyoung with a smile as she slowly released her hold of their grip on each other’s hands. Sooyoung looked at the brunette questionably.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked, tilting her head.

 

“Nothing~!” Jessica said, she playfully splashed Sooyoung with water and ran off.

 

“Yah!” Sooyoung shouted, she ran after Jessica with a smile.

 

Sooyoung grabbed the older girl by the waist and gently pushed her into the water. Jessica let out a yelp and sat in the water with a pout as Sooyoung giggled, She held out a hand to help the brunette. Jessica took Sooyoung’s hand with a smile and pulled the taller girl into the water.

 

The girls giggled and exchanged a quick peck on the lips. Sooyoung stood up and helped Jessica up. Jessica placed her hands on Sooyoung’s shoulders and jumped on the younger girl’s back. They giggled as Sooyoung walked them back over to their friends.

 

“Your cuteness makes me sick.” Yuri said, putting her sunglasses on.

 

“Aw, don’t be like that Yul.” Yoona said, playfully tugging on the older girl’s arm. “You’re just jealous because you had a crush on Sica.”

 

“I don’t have a reason to be jealous.” Yuri said, looking at Yoona with a smile.

 

“Are you guys ready for lunch?” Taeyeon asked, sitting up. “Sica and I made sandwiches.” Everyone looked at Jessica in shock.

 

“I just wrapped them.” Jessica shrugged. “Taeyeon did everything else.”

 

After lunch, everyone went their own ways and Jessica and Sooyoung caught the bus home. Jessica had fallen asleep against Sooyoung, who was working on another drawing.

 

Two days later, Jessica had just come home from school. She stopped at the kitchen counter where her mom was enjoying her evening cup of coffee and going through the mail. Jessica sat down and took an apple from the bowl of fruit.

 

“Any mail for me?” Jessica asked, looking at the envelopes that were piled on the side. “Oh!” Jessica quickly put down her apple and opened the envelope that was addressed from the University of California, San Francisco.

 

“Is the from UCSF?” Jessica’s mom asked, anxiously.

 

Jessica nodded nervously. She slowly opened the envelope and read over the letter. She placed the letter down and looked up at her mom.

 

“Did you get in?” Mrs. Jung asked.

 

Jessica broke into a smile. “I did it! I got in!” She and her mom both broke into a squeal of excitement. Jessica moved around the counter and hugged her mother. “I have to tell Sooyoung!”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Sooyoung walked into her house with a handful of mail. She went through the all of the bills and other letters that were addressed to her mother and father. She paused as she found an envelope that was addressed to her.

 

“Omo.” Sooyoung threw the other envelopes onto the counter and quickly opened the letter and read it over. Her face then grew into a bright grin. “I have to tell Sica.”

 

Jessica and Sooyoung met up at their favorite cafe, both excited with a surprise that they couldn’t wait to share with the other. They sat in a corner booth and sipped coffee.

 

“So, what’s the great news you have?” Jessica asked. “I have some great news too!”

 

“What’s your news?” Sooyoung asked with a smile.

 

“I got accepted into USCF!” Jessica said, pulling out her acceptance letter. “I’m going to California!”

Sooyoung smiled. “That’s great Sica! I’m so happy for you!” Sooyoung pulled Jessica into a hug, where her smile faded into a frown.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyo readers and friends!

It's been a while since I updated. I apologize for that, I've been very busy with life.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and see you all next update(which won't be too long from now)

Your author,

Kirakai