Chapter 6

Secretly in Love With You

It was monday, everyone at school was still talking about Hyoyeon’s party. Jessica looked all over the sophomore floor of the school for Sooyoung, but found no trace of the younger girl.

“Hey Sunny,” Jessica asked, tapping the blonde girl on the shoulder.

“Yes?” Sunny asked, turning to face the brunette. Her eyes widened when she noticed the owner of the voice who called her.

“Have you seen Sooyoung?” Jessica asked, still looking around. “She was in class but she just disappeared.”

“Nope. Haven’t seen her.” Sunny said, quicker than she had intended.

“Sunny, don’t lie.” Jessica said with an icy glare.

“She told me not to say.” Sunny looked down solemnly.

Jessica let out a sigh. “She hasn’t said a word to me since the party.”

“Did something happen between the two of you?” Sunny asked, tilting her head.

“I...don’t know.” Jessica frowned. “That’s why I really need to talk to her.”

Sunny frowned as she saw the brunette so distressed. She let out a sigh of defeat. “She’s on the roof.”

“Thank you.” Jessica hugged the little blonde. She made her way to the stairs that led to the roof of the building.

*~*~*~*~*

Sooyoung was lying on one of the benches that were placed on the roof. She was staring at the clouds that were floating by. She was deep in thought and completely oblivious to her surroundings.

“Sooyoung?”

Upon hearing the familiar voice, Sooyoung quickly shot up to find Jessica standing beside the bench.

“How’d you know I was here?” Sooyoung asked, standing up.

“I made Sunny tell me.” Jessica said, rubbing her arm nervously. “Are you busy. Can we-”

“Actually I’m late for a meeting.” Sooyoung said, picking up her bag. “Dance club.” Sooyoung said, running to the stairway door.

“Oh. Okay.” Jessica said, solemnly. She sat on the bench. “Soo, why are you avoiding me now?”

Sooyoung stood behind the door leading to the roof. She took a deep breath with her eyes closed tight.

“What are you doing Sooyoung?” Sooyoung asked herself aloud. She took another deep breath then opened the door.

Sooyoung slowly walked over to the older girl, who was looking out over the campus. She wrapped her arms around the brunette.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung whispered into Jessica’s ear. She tightened her embrace as she buried her face into the older girl’s shoulder.

“Can we talk about the party now?” Jessica asked, her voice cracking as she spoke.

“Yes Sica.” Sooyoung said, turning Jessica to face her. “ We can talk about anything you want.” Sooyoung’s eyes were red and tears sat on top of her eyelids.

Jessica half smiled. She wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s neck and pulled her into a tight hug.

“That kiss meant everything to me, Soo.” Jessica said, looking at Sooyoung in the eyes. “Sooyoung, I like you.”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened. “J-jinjja?” Jessica nodded and Sooyoung began to laugh, hysterically. “You’re not joking right?”

Jessica pulled Sooyoung down by the neck and allowed their lips to meet.

When they pulled apart, tears rolled down Sooyoung’s cheeks. Jessica brushed her thumbs against Sooyoung’s cheeks, wiping the tears away.

“Why are you crying?”

“Because you have no idea how long I’ve waited to hear those words from you.” Sooyoung smiled.

“Y-you have?” Jessica asked, confused.

Sooyoung nodded shyly. “Yes.”

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Jessica asked.

“Because you were in love with Tiffany.” Sooyoung said. “And you’re my best friend. I can’t lose you to the feelings I have for you.”

Jessica’s cheeks reddened. “How long?”

“What?” Sooyoung tilted her head.

“How long have you had these feelings?” Jessica asked.

Sooyoung looked down at her feet. “Since the beginning.” Jessica tilted her head. “Do you remember that day at the playground?”

“At the playground?” Jessica asked, tilting her head.

“When we were 10.” Sooyoung said. “The promise we made.”

Jessica was quiet for a moment, she looked at the ground. A smile made its way to the corners of Jessica’s lips.

“Do you remember?” Sooyoung asked, leaning to make eye contact with the older girl.

“That’s a secret.” Jessica said, kissing Sooyoung on the cheek.

Sooyoung blushed. “Yah! That’s not fair!”

“You’ll find out one day.” Jessica winked as she ran towards the stairway door.

Later that day, Sooyoung and Jessica were sitting in the treehouse in Jessica’s backyard. The inside of the tree house was decorated with all kinds of drawings. Some were childish and others were more skillfully drawn and detailed.

“I think this was your best one.” Jessica said, pointing to a picture with a sketch of Jessica when they were in middle school that was stapled to the wall in a plastic sheet protector. “It was also the last one you drew.”

“Yeah it was.” Sooyoung said, nodding.

“What made you stop?” Jessica asked.

“Well, I never stopped. I just stopped giving them to you.” Sooyoung said.

“What? Why?” Jessica asked, looking at Sooyoung who was now digging through her bag.

“Because you stopped smiling after that picture.” Sooyoung said, she pulled out a sketchbook from her bag. “But that didn’t stop me from drawing you. You look better in candid pictures you know.”

Sooyoung handed the sketchbook to Jessica. The brunette opened the sketchbook and her eyes widened as she flipped through the pages. The book was filled, cover to cover, with pictures of Jessica. Some of Jessica looking out of the window in class, pencil in hand. Jessica stopped on the page of her looking down solemnly at a book.

“When was this?” Jessica asked, looking up at Sooyoung.

“When you came over about a month ago.” Sooyoung said. “You were reading that book you like so much.”

“But that book isn’t sad.” Jessica raised an eyebrow. “Why do I look so sad?”

“That was the day you came over trying to forget about Tiffany.” Sooyoung explained. “but that book would remind you of her. So you got upset.”

“Well that won’t happen anymore.” Jessica smiled as she kissed Sooyoung on the cheek.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers and friends,

I hope all of you have been well

This update is a bit late. I have been very busy lately so I wasn't able to write but here it is

So anyway leave a comment, let me know what you think

Your author,

Kirakai