CHAPTER 8

Moments of Love

 

[School]

            Everyone who will participate for the tomorrow’s school festival is very busy. That includes Chorong and her partner Niel. However, while Chorong is very serious with her piano rehearsals, Niel seems like spacing out this time. He can’t concentrate and participate well with their practice that’s why Chorong cannot do it perfectly. Chorong became serious about this and wanted everything to turn out good after her father promised to attend tomorrow. But with Niel in this kind condition will only ruin their performance. So before anything gets worst Chorong faced him and ask what is happening.

            “Anything wrong?”

            “I’m…I’m just really nervous. I don’t t-think I can d-o it.” Niel replied stutterind and with trembling hands.

            So she sat by his side and offers a comfort. “I’m not really good in encouraging people but… I I’ll try.” She cleared then continues. “You cannot do this alone but with God you can do anything.”

            “Y-you sound like…W-woohyun-ssi now.”

            “Really? Well, don’t worry because you’re not alone. Remember you have God and me on that stage!”                

            “Deh! You’re right! W-we c…an do it!”

            Chorong smiles warmly that made Niel’s heart melt. He was blushing hard but she doesn’t seem to notice it as she called for another round of practice again.

 

            After days of tiring preparations and rehearsals finally their school festival has arrived. The school is pack of parents, visitors and even students from other schools. There are many presentations that the students prepared for them. One of which is the stage performance of the selected students from each section and in the senior class 3-A, it was Chorong together with Niel. They were the last to perform so Chorong still has the chance to welcome her father at their gate. So she waited outside wearing her beautiful white dress that makes everyone’s head turn to her. When she spotted the familiar face, she rushes towards him and quickly gives Mr. Park a big warm hug. They were teary eyes as they miss each other badly.

            “Don’t run, it is bad for you.” He said so concern to her one and only daughter.

            “ Is that how you greet your daughter?”  Pouted her lips in dismay.

            “ Aigoo, why is my daughter so adorable?”

            He gave him another hug making Chorong smile again but then she also notices that her step mother is there. But unlike before that she will ridicule her this time she just ignored her presence.

 


 

            On the other hand, while everyone is busy Eunji is in their classroom preparing a food for Hoya. After which, she went to find him. She saw him together with his teammates in soccer on their way to the hall so she quickly runs after him.

            “Hoya-ssi!”

            They all turn around.

            “ Oh Eunji-ah. Why are you still here? The room is already full. You should find a seat now.”

            “Ah… I just want to give this to you. I prepared this food because I read that they are good for injuries.”

            “Really? Thank you.” Hoya takes the lunch box proudly. One of his teammates takes a peek on it. When he opened, they are all amazed of her presentation as well as with the delicious foods. So they started to tease them. Eunji lowered her head blushing.

            “Next time I’ll prepare for the whole team.”

            “You don’t have to do that.”

            “Don’t listen to him! You can cook for us anytime.” His teammate said making Hoya embarrassed.

            Hoya did not argue anymore and just said his goodbye to Eunji. They all went inside and has already reserved sits for them. Eunji followed inside and look for a sit. She extended her neck to see if there’s a vacant sit or even a small space. After few minutes of roaming around finally she found a nice spot and it’s not even far from the soccer players. She can even view the perfect face of Hoya and hears his voice.

            Minutes before the start of the program, Eunji notice that Hoya opens the lunchbox and starting to eat. Her eyes were twinkling and is so happy. He even shared it to his teammates and can clearly see in their faces that they really liked it. But then it was cut short when she overhears their conversation.

Teammate2: Your stalker is a good cook. I really envy you because you have plenty of them.

            “Yah, she’s not a stalker. She has a name and it’s Eunji.”

Teammate3: Why so affected? Do you like her?

            “No. But she’s our good friend.”

Teammate2: Well then can you introduce me to her?

            He did not reply right away and is thinking deeply. So his teammate repeated it again.

Teammate1: Please introduce me to her. You’re not even interested to her.

            “Fine. I’ll talk to her.”

Teammate1: For real?

            “Deh, I’ll go and talk to her then I’ll tell you when.”

            After she heard it her eyes started b with tears. So she runs away while hiding her face behind her hands.

 

************

 

            When the program finally starts the hall is already full of parents and students wanting to watch the three performances of each section. The first one is a play that involves the whole class of 3-B while the second one is a folk and modern dance presentation, and the last one which is 3-A is a piano and singing performances. When their class was called Chorong and Niel composed themselves and encourage each other one more time.

 Chorong and Niel: We can do this! Aja!  

            Chorong sat in front of the piano but before she even start she searches for another person in the crowd again. She looks around until at the upper corner she saw the smiling Woohyun together with his grandparents waving at her. He gestured and mouthed “Fighting!” with his trembling hands.

 

            The reason of his nervousness? Earlier today, Hoya and Woohyun had another conversation about his feelings.

            “Did you tell her already?”

            Woohyun looks down “No…”

            “Aish! Woohyun-ah! How long are you going to keep this huh?” He said like an older brother reprimanding his younger sibling.

            “I was about to tell her few days ago, but she interrupted me then she became busy with the festival. What do you want me to do?”

            “You’re just procrastinating things! Do it now or else I’ll tell her everything!”

            Hence, Woohyun has really no choice but to do it. Besides he’s also right that he needs to stop on procrastinating things.


 

            Chorong closes her eyes then played the song for Niel. When he started singing everyone in the room got captured from his voice. It is very soothing and is like a wonderful lullaby. They all clapped after he sings but that did not end there. Niel presented Chorong to play the Flight of the Bumblee. One of the most difficult pieces in piano. She played it with her hands going here and there with no sweat. She’s really feeling it and enjoying the play.

 

             But while in the middle of her performance she suddenly felt a stabbing pain on her chest. She’s familiar with the sensation and she knows what it means. The exhaustion for the last days is like piling up and she’s slowly having difficulty of breathing, but she still pushes through it until her performance is finish. As they took a bow, Chorong is already soaking with sweat and is already dizzy while bearing all the pain.

                 "Please, not now...not now..."

              She kept her head up while clenching her bottom skirt as she hold it in. It is getting worst in every move and step, but like always she pretended to be strong, not wanting to make any commotion or attention, especially not today. When they got backstage, though her sight is getting blurry she quickly found the face of Woohyun. 

          

           He is all geared up with bouquet of flowers in his hands and is ready to confess. Then he walks towards her with a smile. However, when he turn to face her his thought of confessing is suddenly push back out of his mind and it all turn to worry when he noticed how pale and exhausted Chorong appears.

 

         “Woohyun-ah...” She said in a frail tone.

 

          “Chorong-ssi, gwenchanayo?” He reaches for her but before he even makes a move her weak body already fall into his arms.

 


A/N: Finally! I get to update! I hope you guys like it...well, i know this chapter is a bit tough...Woohyun did not get to confess, Chorong's heart condition is also sudden, and HoJi couple is on the rocks...am I a bit hard??? Mianhaeyo *bows*.... But anyway, thank you guys for all the support and heartwarming comments! Love you and God bless! <3