CHAPTER 18

Moments of Love

“1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
He smiled when he remember a story. “Reminds me of that one story.” 


It was April 10, 2015 when the most memorable wish for Chorong came true. A wedding that she never knew will ever happen. It was a simple wedding at the foot of a hill they used to climb during their high school days. Chorong is still in the car waiting for the cue. She is teary eyed, excited and with all the other emotions she can’t find words to explain anymore.  “Calm down Chorong-ah. You don’t want to ruin your make up.” She said to herself not wanting her heart condition to spoil everything. 


“Can I join you?” Her father opened the door and asked. 


She smiled to him and move over to let him sit beside her. Mr. Park joined her in the car then put his hands on her. “My only daughter.” He paused, trying to hold his tears.

“Did you know I was the happiest man after I found out I was going to be a father? Time flies fast. Now you’ll turn into a queen.” He smiled at her warmly. “Be good to him, okay? Don’t be hard on him!” 

“Appa!” She pouted in protest. 

He could’nt hold his tears anymore and just let it flow. “You’ll always be my little princess, Chorong-ah… Please take care of yourself, okay?” 

“Appa!” She protests again. “Do you really hate me that much? You should not cry, it will ruin my make up.” Chorong reaches for her Dad and gave her a tight hug. “I love you.” 

“Stop being so cheesy, it doesn’t suit you.” Mr. Park said as he hugs her back. 
  

A knock on the window finally gave them the cue. “It’s time.” Her father said with a smile. Chorong nods.  

Mr. Park gave the bride a hand as she steps out from the car. The bride is in a casual elegant attire. She is wearing a strapless mesh pleated crystal embellished dress, her hair in a low messy curl bun with flowers attached to it, and in her hands is a bouquet of sweet pea. Slowly she walks gracefully in the aisle. With all smiles she looks around to every person that is sitting with all eyes are on her. They are the people that are dearly close to her and are already part of her life. The Nam family, Eunji, Hoya, Mrs. Kim, and her friends. She looks at them each and then finally her eyes landed in front to the most important person in her life. Nam Woohyun. 


His greasy smile is pasted all over his face contradicted to the tears that is slowly flowing down from his eyes. Seeing the most beautiful girl in his life walk down the aisle is the best sight he ever had. After a few more steps, her father finally gave his daughter to Woohyun. He took her hand and stare at her. Chorong then wiped Woohyun’s tears. “You’ll look ugly in pictures. Stop crying.” She giggled. 

“Yah.” 

“Don’t worry you’re still handsome.” 

Woohyun looks dashing, wearing a Moss 1851 Performance Tailored Fit Navy Suit. His hair trimmed on the sides and the top is pushed back. 

They held hands, looked at each other deeply and then both face the pastor for their exchange of vows.


The pastor looked around to his listeners feeling and reading the reaction of the church. “As a reminder loving isn’t just for married couples but for everyone. Even to our enemies.”


“Amen!” They responded.

Now let me ask another question, what is a miracle?” Pointing his index finger in the air, he asked.  “Most of us would think or say something big and mind blowing. But I guess and I know each of us would agree that our best miracles and blessings in life are the simple things that we take for granted. The fact that we’re still breathing, our body system, wife/husband, children, family, friends, food and what not. These are miracles from heaven.” The church agrees, some clapped while the others nod their heads. 

The pastor walks in the center then back to his table. “Let me end this with this verse “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” The pastor quoted from his bible reading from Jeremiah 29:11. His eyes roam around the small church making sure no one’s sleeping. He smiled when he made sure everyone’s listening. The pastor walks forward as he continues. “Not everything goes with what we plan. Unexpected things happen. What we expect might not turn out to be what we want. Nonetheless, good or bad, we have the assurance that the Most High, our Father is in control.” He finished his sermon with confidence to the God he believes in.
 
The church service ended, everyone was blessed by God’s word to them. The pastor that day greeted the people as he make his way out. He was busy shaking hands when someone pulled his polo shirt from the back. “Areum-ah..” He said dearly as he picked up the little girl in his arms.  


“Are you hungry?” 

Areum nods. “Deh, Appa.”  

He poked his daughter’s nose. “Kyopta. What do you want to eat?” 

“Pancakes” She exclaimed excitingly. 

“Arasseo, Princess Areum” Areum giggled as her father bowed playfully to her. They went to their favorite pancake house to treat her daughter. He ordered three for her as she is a big eater even at her tender age of four. While he ordered a sandwich and cup of coffee for himself.  

Areum ate happily, even humming while taking a big bite of her big pancake, which is bigger by three times of her hand. Her father just watches his little princess enjoying the food. “Areum-ah, take it slowly. Of all traits you took this after from your mother.” He laughs.

After hearing about her mother she took one of her pancakes and set it aside. “Can I give this to her? Let’s go and visit her.” 

“Okay, okay. No problem. Eat it all up then we’ll go to her.” 

Excited, Areum finished her food quickly. Knowing that it will be a long ride, he bought extra food for them. Throughout the ride Areum did not sleep and is just plain excited to see her mother again. It was already late in the afternoon when they reach the place. 

As expected, they’re the only people at that time. Areum run towards to her mother with a flower in her hand in which she picked on their way. Her father catches up behind her until she stopped in the ocean. She put down the flower in the water and they watch it the waves take it “Omma! I got this for you! We also brought a food that we could eat together” 

“I’m sure, she misses us a lot. Remember when she used to bring you here?” 

“Of course. I miss her a lot too.” Areum pouted sadly as she held her father’s hand.

He smiled warmly at her and picked her up in his arms. “Thank you Lord for the two best gifts that you have given to me." He paused and closes his eyes. Remembering his wife's sweet smile, her contagious laugh, and her warm touch. Tears formed in his eyes as memories. "Chorong-ah, we miss you so much. You’ll always be in our heart.”

The End


a/n: yeong! Hello!! Finally! Thank you all for reading! Hope you all like it and please leave a comment. keke~ God bless