CHAPTER 1

Moments of Love

 

 

                The sound of the Ambulance echoed in the city. It took the attention of the people passing by and the vehicles around. Who is inside it? Is the person going to survive?  What happened? Those are the three questions that mostly come in their mind when they see it.

                The van is in real speed but the girl inside it is also losing her life in every second that pass. She clenches her hand with her clothes while struggling with the pain in her chest.

***************

[4 Hours Ago]

                  “Good morning sir and ma’am let me just give you the good news that God loves you.”

                A teenage boy said while handing them leaflets about the gospel of God. Many received it but only a few really read it. He has this wide smile on his face that caught the eighteen year-old student, Park Chorong from Cheongdamdong. She was walking down the stairs when his grin made her head turn towards him.  She came from a wealthy family who owns a shipping company. But like any other person she’s been through a lot of hard times that why she’s also questioning if God really exist. 

                      The boy walks towards her with the same expressions and handed the leaflet to her. “Thank you!” He said cheerfully after she took it then he walks to another person. 

                 Chorong flips the paper and read the last part of it.  “God has purpose in our life. Huh.” She scoffs then crumpled it and threw it at the garbage can. Then she gets in to her luxury car and heads off to the club with her friends are. She dances, drinks and enjoyed the night. 

       


 

                On the other hand, the boy who was giving the leaflets finally finishes everything. So he returns to his grandfather who is a pastor as well as a farmer from their small village. The boy is Nam Woohyun, in their village some people referred to him as Peter because of his dedication in serving God. They really respect him, young and old because of that character. He also goes to school and is a senior student.

                “Harabeoji!”  Woohyun called as he runs towards his grandfather.  

                “Oh, that’s fast.” The old man said quite amazed on how fast his grandson finished all of it.  

                “I’m happy that no one rejected but…only few really read it.” He pouts his lips sadly.

                Mr. Nam puts his hands at his back and started patting it to encourage him. “Don’t be sad. Everything has their right time. Some may not read it today but who knows tomorrow they will” After hearing it Woohyun finally smiled a little. “Anyway, Woohyun-ssi, did you already pack your bags? Tonight is our flight back”

                “Ah neh. Everything is ready.”

 

 


 

[Night Club]

                It’s almost 11:00 and the real party is just getting started but when Chorong realizes what time is it she rushes out of the club. Her friends and ex-boyfriend followed him.

                “I have to go now. I have a curfew” She said while searching for her car keys.

                Her ex-boyfriend puts his arm around her and wants her back inside. “It still early. Let’s go inside. My dad is close with your father so I’ll call him, if you want.”  He is Yoon Doojoon a real heartthrob in their school. He has the charms of a bad boy that every girl likes.

                 Chorong moves away from his arm. “No. He’s not the problem but the leech.”

                Her friend, Yoon Bomi elbowed her while chuckling. “You’re scared of her now?”

                “No! I just don’t want to have conversation with her again. I’ll go now.” She gets in her car and started the engine.

                “Wait, can you drive? Just call a taxi” Bomi said concerned to her friend.  

                “I can, I didn’t drink much.”

                She said then finally leaving them. She pressed the gas hard and opened the roof of her car. Feeling the cold breeze brushing in her face Chorong puts her other hand up while shouting happily and then slowly she closes her eyes. Tears formed as she hasn’t felt so free like this before but deep inside she knows this is not the happiness that she’s seeking to have. A sound of a mad truck honking wakes her up. She saw it just few inches away from her and so Chorong quickly turns the wheel and hit the break. The car goes around the road but it’s good that she got through it safe. She looks back bewildered of what just happened but when she realizes that she survived it Chorong laugh it out loud.

                “Of course, I’m Park Chorong!!! She exclaimed happily while clapping her hands. But then another problem came when a police walks over and checked on her.

                The police examined her face and can tell that she’s a minor. “Excuse me; can you please hand me your driver’s license?”

                “Why?”  

                “Just follow then step out of your car.”

                Instead of handing over her license Chorong gets out of the car because the truth is she doesn’t even have one. “I’m out of the car now. What else do you want?”

                “ Your license please.”  The police is firm and she knows she cannot get away with him easily so she decided to do her show. 

                First Chorong acted like looking for her license in her purse then in the car. “Oppa, I think I lost it because I opened the roof of my car.” She said cutely but he just smirked and ignored it.

                “Then you’ll have to come with me at the police station.”

                It left her no choice but to do the of her acting where she is expert at. She holds on her car while trying to balance herself. Then she started hitting her chest. Her face turns red as she tries to bear with it.

                When the police witness it, he quickly helps her. “Agassi, are you okay?” The police asked panicky then he called for an ambulance. So her superb acting skills saved her again.

 

*****************

 

[4 Hours Later]

                Chorong is still acting inside the ambulance and she’s able to convince them all. Her doctor quickly attended to her when they finally arrived at the hospital. She puts Chorong in a room and assesses her. Chorong has been diagnosed of a heart disease since she was young. She’s been taking medications, therapies, and precautions but even so her condition still did not change.

                “Doctor Lee.” She called while the Doctor is assessing her then she fixes herself and stands up.

                Her Doctor goes towards her while checking on her.  “Chorong-ssi. Are you okay now?”

                “Neh. I think it’s just a mild attack.” She lied.

                “Are you sure?”

                “Don’t worry, I’m good. Please don’t call Appa.”

                “But he’s already on his way.”

                “What? Aish! Really! Doctor Lee, why did you call him?” She is surprised and at the same time nervous that his father will find out the truth.

                “Not me, the police did.”

                Their conversation cuts when Mr. Park, her father, enters the room together with his wife. So the doctor walks out of the room while Chorong lied on the bed again.

                "Get up, I heard everything." His eyes are furious as he demanded his daughter.

                She sits up still with pride. “I lied, so what?”

                “How long are you going to act like this, huh? Do you really enjoy doing this? Do you think this is funny?!”

                “Neh, I enjoy doing this! But why do you suddenly care? You’re also enjoying your life with that leech!”

                She referred to his wife, her step mom, Mrs. Kim who is only 12 years older than her and 20 years younger than her father. He married her 10 years after Chorong’s mother died.

                Mr. Park cannot take what her daughter said so he gestured hitting her but then her wife interferes and stops him. “Honey, hitting her will not solve anything. Calm yourself.”

                He tried to calm down himself but his voice is still loud. “I’ve had enough. I already gave you so many chances to change. We’ve decided that you’re going to study in Sangok-ri.”  

                “What? S-Sangok-ri? Appa, are you crazy? I know she’s from that place! Is this her suggestion?!”

                “We’ve decided it together. Stop talking like she’s a bad person or at least show some respect.”

                Chorong is still hard as she looks away and just ignored his father’s instructions. “Huh. Appa, you know that I’m dying! Can you really do this to your daughter? Don’t you want to spend your time with me?!”

                When Mr. Park heard of her sincere words his heart started to feel sad for her daughter again. All he wanted is to help her even if it’ll be hard. “Of course I do…You think I want this?! But I have to do this for your own sake. You’re the most important person in my life and seeing you acting this way makes me really think If I’m a good father or not.”

                “You are…It’s just that this leech is poisoning your brain! Don’t listen to her!”

                “Chorong-ssi, just follow me this time. Trust me; it’s for your own good.”

                Mr. Park finally made his decision and left the room. When the door closes Chorong gave Mrs. Kim a glare.  “Are you happy now? You think sending me away will help you in controlling my father?”

                “Chorong-ssi. I did not marry your father for that reason.” Her soft and calm voice really ticks Chorong.

                She claps after the speech of Mrs. Kim “I think you’re a better actress than me. You can even win an award in deceiving my father.” Chorong flips her hair then walks out of the room as well.

 


Thank you to all who subscribed to this story!!! I'm very happy!!! Kyaaah!!! 

Anyway, what are your opinions about the first chapter??? 


 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

credit:bibleverse|tumblr