CHAPTER 10

Moments of Love

            The summer vacation just started a week ago and it’s just a typical day in Sangok-Ri. The sun is high and the wind is warm. But an ordinary day to anyone is a special day for Woohyun. It was early in the morning when he brushes off from their house to go to his best friend.  And even half asleep Hoya opens the door and welcomed him in his room. 

            “Yah, its vacation. What do you want this early morning?” Hoya complained as he buried his face in the pillow.

            Woohyun shakes him but he’s immovable. “Irona! I need your creative mind.” Hence, he pulls him out of his bed, hitting his first on the floor so finally he wakes up. “Now, we talk.”

            The sleepy lad scratches his head irritated. “Okay, what is it?”

            “I need to raise some money for Chorong. But I don’t know how?”

            “You need to move on. She will not come back. Forget her.”

            He shook his head with confidence that she will. “God told me that she will return. Now what do you think I should do?”

            “Sing.”

            “Sing? No, think another else.” Immediately, he turned it down. He has a bad experience singing in public which gave him a phobia of it. Since then he put it on his mind that he will never ever perform in the crowd again.  

            “You have to overcome your fears. Do a public concert and I’m sure you’ll raise money from it.” However, Woohyun remained silent and has second thought of it. “You want to do this for Chorong, right? Besides you’re a good singer.”

            “But you know I’m afraid of singing in public.” He wrinkles his eyebrows indecisive.

            Hoya stands up with his hands on his hips and like a cadet leader he commanded Woohyun to stand as well. “Irona! You asked for my creative idea. Now you have to follow it. First, to conquer your fear. Next is to do it for Chorong! For Chorong! For Chorong!” He said it firmly to put it on his best friend’s head.

            Woohyun raised his hand to salute like they are really in military. “You’re right! For Chorong!” 

            “But first we need a help of someone who is good in singing.”

            “Eunji-ssi. She is really good.”

            Hoya stopped pacing and got surprise to hear the name. “Eunji? A singer?”

            “You don’t know? Aish, why are you so insensitive? She was a champion of a singing contest before. By the way, I haven’t seen her lately.”

            His best friend clears his throat and looks away. “Let’s find another person.” He is obviously avoiding the topic so Woohyun became more suspicious. “You did something to her. What is it? Tell me.”

            “Woah, why are you putting the blame on me right away? Ah, sicha!” Annoyed he went back to his bed and covers himself in the blanket.

            “Then, tell me what really happens? I just thought now, she’s avoiding us lately.”

            Hoya sat up and told him what happened to their conflict. After the story Woohyun can clearly see that Hoya is really affected and just trying to hide everything.

            “Have you talked to her about it?”

            “I tried it but she’s completely avoiding me.”

*****

Days after finding out about what happened Hoya put on the initiative to talk to Eunji. He saw her alone at the music room so he walks towards.

“Eunji-ah…Someone told me about what happened.”

She has her headphones on and it is obviously not in high volume before he came in but when he started to talk it instantly became loud that Hoya can already hear the song she’s playing. He tried to shout to get her attention but she shut her eyes and started singing loudly. 

That was his first attempt the second and the last one was when they met on the hallway. She has no earphones stuck on her ears and no one is around so it was really a perfect time. He came running towards her so she won’t have the chance to ran away. “Hey, can we talk?”

“Ah…I have to go! I’m in a hurry! I still have class! Bye!”

“But--!” 

However, she pushes her way out and eventually managed to escape from him. She is obviously lying as they just finished their class and today is the start of their summer vacation.

*****

            “So now we have three things that we should do. First, to get a vocal coach, who is Eunji. Second, me singing in public. Third, raise money for Chorong.” Woohyun said.

            “Aaaahhh!!! Can I just rest?!” Hoya complained and again burying back his face on his pillow.

 

[Eunji’s House]

            “Appa!!!!!!!!!!”  Eunji screamed out when she saw the two sitting on their couch. Her father hurriedly came running from the kitchen thinking something bad happened.

            “Why? Why? What happened?” Her father asked while holding the ladle, ready to hit someone.

            “Appa, why did you let them in?”

            His expressions quickly changes and he gives them a smile. “Eunji-ah, they are your visitors. Please treat them nicely.”  He said sweetly to his daughter. Eunji already knew this would happen, knowing that her father is a big fan of soccer and of Hoya.

            Hoya stands up and bowed to him warmly. “Thank you so much.”

            “No!” Eunji protested. “You two need to go now.” She pushed Hoya first out then reaches for Woohyun but then stopped when he pleaded.

            “Eunji-ssi, I really need your help. It’s for Chorong. Please…”

            Eunji’s heart softens when he mentioned Chorong’s name. Everyone already knows what happened and since she left she hadn’t get the chance to at least cheer her up.  “What about Chorong?” She asked eager and willing to help her best friend.  Woohyun explained to her what he needs and since this has nothing to do with Hoya she finally agreed.  BUT with one condition…  “I don’t want Hoya to be around.”

            “What?!” He shouted from the door.

            “Let’s go…” Eunji ignored him again and tagged Woohyun along to their small music room.  

 

[Music Room]

            “Okay. So, where do we start?” Woohyun asked clueless.

            “Well, let’s start by hearing your voice. Sing for me.”

            Woohyun gulps and sweats start to run. Suddenly, he thinks of backing out and just finds another way to raise money, but the thought of Chorong encourages him again. So he sits up straight and concentrate then slowly he opens his mouth. The words finally came out! However, he’s like reciting a poem. With his hesitating trembling tone it was the most terrible voice that Eunji ever heard. Hence, she stopped him immediately.

            “You sound like a robot. Do you really sing?”

            He shrugs. “It’s been so long since I tried it. I don’t know.”

            “Okay. This is what I do when I sing. I think of the most precious thing that I have. Now think about yours.”

            “The most precious thing?” He thinks about it deeply. Seconds passed by to minutes then to hour. But both waited patiently until Woohyun finally found the answer.

            His eyes are shot wide open and his lips curled to a smile. “I know it.”

            “Good. Now try singing while thinking about it.”

            Just like the first time, he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Again, he started like reciting a poem and Eunji is to stop him until he’s gets on the middle verse. The lines started to have colors and emotions. Woohyun is finally singing. He puts so much soul into it, feeling every single note in the song. He finishes it and when he opens his eyes he saw Eunji already crying.

            “Wae? Wae? Was it bad?” He asked alarmed, thinking that it was a mess.

            Eunji wipes her tears. “No…It was so beautiful. Your voice, it is beautiful.”

            “Really? Is it really good? Did I make it? Really?”

            Eunji nods. “You don’t even need a lesson.”

            “Thank you but…I still need to practice besides we will have a duet so we still have to work together. Well, if that’s okay with you?”

            “Of course, for Chorong!”

***********

 

            Therefore, the two practices more until they perfected it and started performing in the crowd. With their beautiful voices they quickly get the attention of the people passing by and within a week they were able to raise up to W20, 000. 

            Woohyun cannot hide how happy he is and with this money he’ll be able to do all the plans he has for Chorong.

            “I’m just curious though, what is the most precious thing that you thought of?” She asked curiously.

            “Love. The love I get from God, my parents, grandparents, friends and everyone. And the love…I feel for Chorong. Love is the most precious thing for me.” 

            It touched Eunji’s heart. Her eyes are in brink of tears again because of his genuine feelings for Chorong. “I’m sure if we keep doing this we’ll raise more for her.”  Eunji suggested but then a voice suddenly stopped them.

            “No way! We have to end this!” Suddenly a mad Hoya stormed inside the music room. He reaches Eunji’s hand and was to walk off together with her when Woohyun stopped them grabbing the other arm of Eunji.

            “For the past week that they’ve been together, did Woohyun develop a feeling for Eunji without him knowing?” Hoya asked in huge shock when he saw his best friend’s hand on Eunji. 


A/N: ~YONG! I am very touch with all the comments. I am really happy that my story became an inspiration just like what I'm praying for, I hope that it will be until the end...btw, if you guys have questions, comments, and suggestions please feel free to type them down...THANK YOU ALL!!!

HoJi fans, this chapter is for you and also the next. BUT don't worry WooRong, they will be reunited soon. 

Hoya: Guys, do you think Woohyun has a sudden change of heart without him realizing? Me: I don't think so! Keke~ 

GOD BLESS EVERYONE! <3 Bye!