CHAPTER 3

Moments of Love

 

 

                After a long deliberation last night, in the end, Chorong decided to finally attend the school. She intended to wake up early so that she will not get to see Woohyun’s “victory reaction”. That’s why Woohyun is still disappointed when he saw that Chorong is already gone as he thought that she’ll cut class again. He only got surprise when he heard her introducing herself in front of their class.

                “I’m Park Chorong from Cheongdamdong” Whispers echoed in their class when they heard where she is from. The girls are checking her items from head to toe and are like agreeing that she is indeed rich while the guys are like eyeing the new student in their whole campus.

                Their teacher asks them to keep quiet then told Chorong to take her seat beside Woohyun. He greeted her with his trademark greasy smile but before he even say anything she already cuts it.

                “Stop that.” Her eyes narrowed on him.

*********************

                 After their class the news about the new student spread in their school like a lightning. Now everyone’s attention is at her. They are so curious but it completely irritates Chorong as she also doesn’t understand why the students are acting this weird. But who could blame them? Since they entered this school they see the same faces every day. Chorong is new to their eyes and is also attractive as well as rich so she will surely get their attention.

                Chorong is on her way out when a couple of guys cornered her asking for her number. However, the usual Chorong only gave them a cold glare which sends them off. The only guy remains there is Woohyun.  "Finally, I can..."  But then gets cut off again.

                “Please, don’t say anything.

                So he just signed okay with his fingers which made them both laugh. They were like on their own world when a woman gets in their scene and introduced herself to Chorong.

                "Hi, I'm your class president. Hyomin together with my vice president, Woohyun" She pause to smile at him.  "You could always count on us."

                Chorong bowed lightly then just watch her leave. After she disappears she turns to Woohyun again but this time a bit irritated. "Oh gosh, she's so obvious"

                "What are you talking about?"

                "She likes you! Don’t you see that?"

                "Don’t say such non sense thing"

                "Why? Are you not interested on her?"

                "I’m not interested to anyone"

                "What? Wait. Are you gay???"

                "No! Of course not! It’s just that I already made up my mind that I will not get marry."

                "Why?"

                "I think it’s not my thing."

                "Oh...you're such a boring person." She shook her head then without any more words she left Woohyun there.  However, her words of him being boring somehow gets glued on his head. He thinks of it deeply as he goes to his very cool best friend, Hoya. He is the captain of their soccer team and is well-known of his looks and skills too.

                “Yo!” Hoya raised his hand as he called from his table. So Woohyun walks towards his friend and sat beside him.

                “Am I boring?” He asked curiously. “Someone told me that I’m a boring person.”

                “Outside? Yes. Especially when you use honorifics but when they finally know you, no.”

                 His best friend’s somehow lightens him up. Hoya may seem an easy guy on others but for Woohyun second to his grandparents it is him whom he trusts the most especially in school so his opinions really weigh so much for Woohyun.  “Really?”

                “Deh. Who told you that? A girl or a boy?”

                “Park Chorong-ssi, the new girl who is staying with us.”

                “Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Maybe you look so boring with girls. Need my help?”

                Just when they are talking about her, a hipster girl named Eunji came running towards them anxiously. She is such a lively person with a natural big voice but though she’s always being ignored in the campus, she treats everyone in school as her friend. But despite of her perky personality she becomes a different person when she’s in front of her so called “prince”

                Eunji started talking but stopped in the middle of it when she notices the presence of Hoya looking at her.  “You need…”

                “What do I need?” Woohyun asked in anticipation but her eyes are fixed on Hoya.

                “You…y-ou…” She continues but is stuttering.

                Hoya chuckles as he watches her and even finds it interesting. “Isn’t she cute?”  He laughs on how she acts so his statement made her blushes even more.

                “Are you okay?” Woohyun notice her red face like she’s going to explode.

                “Deh! But…the new girl i-is not ok…ay! She’s being bullied…at the rooftop. Quick, help her!” Finally, she let it out while keeping her eyes away from Hoya. She just finally breathes out when they’re already gone.

 


 

                At the rooftop two girls are blocking Chorong’s way but she doesn’t look scared or affected at all.

                Chorong smirked with her arms crossed. “People like you, I already know what you want.” She then showed them money.

                Feeling insulted, the first girl slaps her that left a mark on her face. But she did not move or even defended herself. She just stayed there and the other girl was about to hit her on the other side when Woohyun came in like a flash and catches her hand. For a second, Chorong got swept off her feet. With his narrowed eyes striking and serious face at the girls Woohyun suddenly became cool and manly in her eyes.

                “What do you think you’re doing?” He said in a deep voice.

                “W-what? Ah…” The first girl cannot talk or even look straight at him.

                Then Woohyun let go of her hand and turn to face Chorong who is still left frozen in her place staring at him.  “Are you okay?” His voice changes as he asked so concerned of her. It even worried him when he saw the mark on her face.  

                “Why did you do that to her?!” He turns to ask the girls again practically shouting.

                With his voice, Chorong then wakes up from her trance and gave the two a glare so they straighten themselves.

                “Because we…hate her! L-look on how she… looks at us!” They tried to run away but Hoya is already blocking the door with his arms cross. “Apologize to her first and tell her that you will never do it again.”

                “What? But…okay.”

                They apologize and promised that they will never do it to her again then he lets them go. Woohyun helps Chorong and they went downstairs  leaving Hoya and Eunji behind. Hoya notices that his friend did not get the chance to thank her so he sends his gratitude before him. Since he can see that Eunji has a crush on him he made a bit of affection to make her happy. He walks towards her then he put his hands on her shoulder and ducked his head on her level with a smirk on his lips.

                “Kamsahamnida” 

                He uttered it simply then walks off but Eunji was left there frozen in her place with her eyes wide open. She then only got to catch her breath when she heard the door closes.

 


 

                Meanwhile, Chorong and Woohyun stopped on the school garden then he bought a bottled drink and puts it on her face to help quickly heals the swelling.

                “I’m already asking sorry for their behalf”

                “No! Please, don’t do that! Actually, I…”

                “You know what? You told me that I’m a boring person, right?”

                Chorong only nods obliviously then Woohyun continues. “Let’s go, I’ll try to prove to you that I’m not.” He stands up but she did not move as she is hesitant to go with him but then he took her hands and lead the way.

                On their way out, the two did not notice the luxury car that passed by. It stopped when it reaches inside and the owner stepped out. Mr. Park looked back to the students that they met running thinking that the girl kind of looks likes his daughter.

***********

                He takes out his bike then insisted to sit at the back ride of his bike. Even if it’s her first time riding it there are not traces of fright or cautiousness. He drives it quite fast like he’s catching the time which made her hold tightly on him. Chorong can feel the cool breeze of fresh air brushing on her cheeks like when she was on her car, so she slowly let go of hands and raises it up. Woohyun notices that she’s enjoying it so he continues while listening to her laugh like a chime that is next to his ears. After few minutes they stopped in another village where there is a festival.

                “Do you like games?”

                Chorong is hesitant and is thinking deeply if she will go as she is scared to get even closer to this guy. But then Woohyun leads the way and she just found herself tugging along with him. They went in a fish catching game wherein if he is able to get the fish with the use of the paper net they could exchange it to an item.

                “I’ll try to win this for you then we’ll go and eat.”

                “No…let’s just go home.” She said a bit agitated.  

                “Don’t worry about grandpa and grandma. I’ll explain to them everything when we get home.”

                Woohyun attempted to catch the fish in his first try but failed so he has to do it again. Now, even Chorong is anticipating and cheering for him to get it but he failed again until on his fourth try where he is able to catch it!

                “ASSA!!!” WooRong shouted holding each other’s hands happily and they are like spazzing. The people around look at them oddly but both did not care. When they realize their hands they quickly jerked it away awkwardly while flushing. “I…I w-want the stuff toy.” She pointed out the cute puppy stuff toy that laughs while rolling on the floor. Woohyun is happy to give it to her as he sees her sweet smile.

                Then after that Woohyun took her to another place which is by the river. He left for a while to buy on something so Chorong just lied there while listening to its running water that gives her a calm feeling. She’s about to get to sleep when he returns with ice creams and fish cake on his hands. He sat beside her on the grass while they eat their foods. Woohyun watches her happily as he sees her  finishing it all up.

                “You seem like eating.”

                “Deh! It keeps me alive! I really like eating” She admitted it unashamed which made Woohyun admired that attitude.

                Chorong then started playing the toy but what made her laugh is when Woohyun started imitating it. He also rolls on the grass laughing just like what the toy is doing.

                “I take back what I said. You’re not boring…just…awkward.” Wiping her tears of laughter.

                “I also want to say something to you.” He looks seriously at her.

                “What is it?”

                “Don’t close yourself from others. I believe you’re a good person so don’t stop yourself. And when you get back to Cheongdamdong remember that you have a friend here whom you can call when you have problems. I will always pray for you.”

                After hearing those sincere words from him Chorong felt guilty again. She stands up and told him that they need to go home now. It’s already getting dark when they got home. She became quiet and her conscious keeps on bothering her so she decided to tell him the truth behind of what happened at the rooftop.

                “Woohyun-ah, you need to know something. What happened is just…”

                She paused for a moment as she takes all courage to tell him the truth that it was all for acting. She planned all of it so she could report it to her father and can go back to Cheongdamdong. However, little did she know that Mr. Park already heard the story and before she even continues her sentence her father arrives with furious eyes at Woohyun. 

Thank you to all who subscribed! I'll try my best to give you a good story ^^

If you have suggestions please write it. Every comment is really important to an author. Please feel free! It inspires me to write more. But if you don't feel so it's still okay with me. :))

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

credit:bibleverse|tumblr